PDA

View Full Version : Who should hire X-Factor next?

harostar
08-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Since returning to New York City, X-Factor Investigations has taken on several unique clients from another the MU. The children of the Fantastic Four and their case of the vanished Invisible Woman, the Absorbing Man and his marriage woes, Hela and her missing talisman.

So who should hire the team next? What seedy case would you like to see them investigating, with the whole Marvel Universe out there waiting to be potential clients?

Should Emma hire them, in the eventuality of a messy divorce when/if she ever marries Scott?

DISCUSS.

Father_Jerusalem
08-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Gentle, to see if they can find out whether or not Black Panther knowingly knew about his vibranium tattoos and the effect that liquidating all the vibranium would have on them in preparation for a lawsuit.

Nah, I don't actually know who Gentle is, it just seemed to be the theme this week so I went with it.

Slant
08-12-2010, 08:14 PM
:evilsmile: Mephisto. Seems appropriate.:evilsmile:

fortyseven
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Maybe somewhere down the road, when it's appropriate, the government should hire X-Factor to look into all the illegal things Cyclops/X-Force had been up to, in preperation for when Cyclops has to face his crimes. Maybe go undercover on Utopia? They've already been invited.
Perfect set up for the "I'll go to jail with a smile on my face" line Scott gave us.

coveredinbees
08-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Xavier should hire them to find Shortpack.

Father_Jerusalem
08-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Storm should hire them to find her personality.

quillero
08-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Gentle, to see if they can find out whether or not Black Panther knowingly knew about his vibranium tattoos and the effect that liquidating all the vibranium would have on them in preparation for a lawsuit.

Nah, I don't actually know who Gentle is, it just seemed to be the theme this week so I went with it.

He can't. He's dead :frown:

Quinnhop
08-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I want to see them interact with Lindsay McCabe.

Monty_Cristo
08-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Xavier should hire them to find Shortpack.

Cayman
08-12-2010, 08:29 PM
They should track down Pulse.

M.I.Brooks
08-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Arcade. Because I appreciate irony.

Valeria Kementari
08-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Storm should hire them to find her personality.

Somebody should hire them to find the real Storm and to find out who built the Stormbot

M.I.Brooks
08-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Somebody should hire them to find the real Storm and to find out who built the Stormbot
Arcade!

(I'm Monty_Cristo but with Arcade instead of Shortpack! :D)

And DOOM! (something to do with Wakanda no doubt)

Someone posted some scans with them together with some Doombots somewhere; it made sense.

Perfection/Emma 2
08-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Emma Frost or Miss Sinister.

MsWhite
08-12-2010, 09:38 PM
The X-men to find Hope's father.

Dupe1979
08-13-2010, 06:03 AM
Maybe somewhere down the road, when it's appropriate, the government should hire X-Factor to look into all the illegal things Cyclops/X-Force had been up to, in preperation for when Cyclops has to face his crimes. Maybe go undercover on Utopia? They've already been invited.
Perfect set up for the "I'll go to jail with a smile on my face" line Scott gave us.

That's intriguing, it could play up the Scott Vs. Jamie rivalry some more. I would love for Jamie to claim Scott is hostile towards him because Prof. X asked Jamie to be his first X-Man and Jamie declined, (Afterall Jamie has been on Xavier's radar since he was born).

Dupe1979
08-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Arcade. Because I appreciate irony.

That would be a great page, "Um Sorry about that trying to kill you thing a year ago, business you understand... Now would you believe it but for two weeks now I have not been able to find my keys... little help?"

Dupe1979
08-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Trying to think of non-X-Men related characters, I was a big fan of Kirkman's Irredeemable Ant-Man so I would love to see Eric O'Grady drop by. Likewise I enjoy the slapstick attitude and nature of the Spot, he would be entertaining in PAD's hands. I would love for Gorgeous George and Ruckus to show up, (I still think they should have a "Going to White Castle"-esque mini), Jamie's dupe was a team mate of theirs so Jamie has to recall some interesting previous relationship, they think someone is trying to kill them, the other Nasty Boys have been taken out one at a time by someone, if they go to the X-Men Sinister will kill them, help me Obi-one you are my only hope.

Edit: Also Blackheart is still trapped in the Hellfire basement, a Faust like would you sell your soul to the devil arc could be good if a Blackheart underling came to ask X-Factor to free his benefactor.

Brian M.
08-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Someone exciting maybe?

Swashbuckler
08-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Thornn should hire them to find out if Feral escaped the Necrosha (she did).

Chase_Stein
08-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Thornn should hire them to find out if Feral escaped the Necrosha (she did).

How will she pay them? With fur? Feline nails?

Filthy Mutie
08-13-2010, 09:44 AM
A new editorial staff.

Wait, what was the question?

AcesX1X
08-13-2010, 09:53 AM
that new darkstar's family should hire them to investigate laynia petronova on possible kidnapping and murder charges.

drownedbyimmolation
08-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Trying to think of non-X-Men related characters, I was a big fan of Kirkman's Irredeemable Ant-Man so I would love to see Eric O'Grady drop by. Likewise I enjoy the slapstick attitude and nature of the Spot, he would be entertaining in PAD's hands. I would love for Gorgeous George and Ruckus to show up, (I still think they should have a "Going to White Castle"-esque mini), Jamie's dupe was a team mate of theirs so Jamie has to recall some interesting previous relationship, they think someone is trying to kill them, the other Nasty Boys have been taken out one at a time by someone, if they go to the X-Men Sinister will kill them, help me Obi-one you are my only hope.

Edit: Also Blackheart is still trapped in the Hellfire basement, a Faust like would you sell your soul to the devil arc could be good if a Blackheart underling came to ask X-Factor to free his benefactor.

Those would both be incredibly terrific premises. Nice!!

drownedbyimmolation
08-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Since returning to New York City, X-Factor Investigations has taken on several unique clients from another the MU. The children of the Fantastic Four and their case of the vanished Invisible Woman, the Absorbing Man and his marriage woes, Hela and her missing talisman.

So who should hire the team next? What seedy case would you like to see them investigating, with the whole Marvel Universe out there waiting to be potential clients?

Should Emma hire them, in the eventuality of a messy divorce when/if she ever marries Scott?

DISCUSS.

I would think I would quite like it, if Daken tried or attempted to con them somehow, by hiring them, for some reason. Great potential for character discussion and interaction. Meta messages. Humor. Plus plenty of possible Xanatos Gambits. Plus I think I would like to see Pad write him.

More currently obscure, but once great, characters too would be great.

Oh and I am not sure how, but EXILES!

The_Livewire
08-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Vanisher, to find out who ratted his lairs out to Bastion.

Kevin Masterson to find his dad ;-)

Fr°ya
08-13-2010, 11:02 AM
He can't. He's dead :frown:

Don't you know that death for the X-Men is a temporary solution to a permanent problem?

Quinnhop
08-13-2010, 11:03 AM
How will she pay them? With fur? Feline nails?

With her litter.

drownedbyimmolation
08-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Don't you know that death for the X-Men is a temporary solution to a permanent problem?

Maybe a character from another team can hire X-Factor trying to find out the secrets of immortality the X-Men seem to possess. They can really press and put the pressure on Jamie, citing X-Men warped death/revival statistics.

Lay a major guilt trip about their long dead peers and so on.

drownedbyimmolation
08-13-2010, 11:16 AM
With her litter.

Oh, now I think Tigra should hire them to, but then dupe them just to baby sit for her.

coconutphone
08-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Oh, now I think Tigra should hire them to, but then dupe them just to baby sit for her.

A guy named Dick should hire them to find his friend Bruce.

drownedbyimmolation
08-13-2010, 11:23 AM
A guy named Dick should hire them to find his friend Bruce.

lol :biggrin:

If they do find Bruce, things would get pretty weird with the inclusion of Mary and Peter :confused:

coconutphone
08-13-2010, 11:25 AM
lol :biggrin:

If they do find Bruce, things would get pretty weird with the inclusion of Mary and Peter :confused:

Yeah awkward.... LOL

Fr°ya
08-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Maybe a character from another team can hire X-Factor trying to find out the secrets of immortality the X-Men seem to possess. They can really press and put the pressure on Jamie, citing X-Men warped death/revival statistics.

Lay a major guilt trip about their long dead peers and so on.

Great idea!

foreverrhapsody
08-13-2010, 11:32 AM
I would think I would quite like it, if Daken tried or attempted to con them somehow, by hiring them, for some reason. Great potential for character discussion and interaction. Meta messages. Humor. Plus plenty of possible Xanatos Gambits. Plus I think I would like to see Pad write him.

More currently obscure, but once great, characters too would be great.

Oh and I am not sure how, but EXILES!

I'd love to see Daken, but my motivations are a little less plot related and a lot more "Oh, the sexy possibilities!" related. Although watching Daken and X-Factor try to out-Xanatos Gambit each other would be hysterical.

harostar
08-13-2010, 11:45 AM
I'd love to see Daken, but my motivations are a little less plot related and a lot more "Oh, the sexy possibilities!" related. Although watching Daken and X-Factor try to out-Xanatos Gambit each other would be hysterical.

And immediately I recall PAD promising that there'd be no Daken making out with Rictor.

.....sex pollen vs. allure powers

GO.

foreverrhapsody
08-13-2010, 01:36 PM
And immediately I recall PAD promising that there'd be no Daken making out with Rictor.

.....sex pollen vs. allure powers

GO.

Who said it's Rictor I want him to make out with? :wink: Daken and Shatterstar would be some violent, dangerous, sexy makeouts. Although less possible due to 'Star's alienness.

Going back to the topic, I want any of the younger teams to come hire X-Factor, particularly the Runaways or Young Avengers.

harostar
08-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Who said it's Rictor I want him to make out with? :wink: Daken and Shatterstar would be some violent, dangerous, sexy makeouts. Although less possible due to 'Star's alienness.

Going back to the topic, I want any of the younger teams to come hire X-Factor, particularly the Runaways or Young Avengers.

*halos*

Yes, I knew exactly what you meant. :biggrin:

Oooh, those would be awesome.

drownedbyimmolation
08-15-2010, 08:09 AM

That would be great too.

Especially given the various characters in X-Factor with that potential.

Not many characters could flirt well with both Shatterstar and Monet :biggrin:

Any fight with Daken and Shatterstar would be suitably epic as well.

Would be a chance for X-Factor to flex their intellectual muscles too (Daken as well, he is written so inconsistently in that respect)

drownedbyimmolation
08-15-2010, 08:11 AM
I think Moonstone hiring X-Factor could be rife with opportunity too. Hire them to find out stuff to mess with Songbird.

DarkMagnus
08-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Queen Rogue and her husband Magneto need to hire them to kill that Cyclops brat.

Dupe1979
08-15-2010, 03:09 PM
How about Puck walking into X-Factor, I could see him via the old simple misunderstanding getting into a fight with Jamie and mopping the floor with all of Jamie's Dupes who cannot keep up with the nimble Puck to actually get a hold of him until Monet smiply walks in and picks him up off the ground by the collar of his jacket so he cannot reach the floor.

"I had him exactly where I wanted him"
"Sure you did"

Maybe some additional mystery unfolds around the Neverland mutant concentration camp that Puck wants the X-Factor kids to find out.

or....

Maybe a one time low-life version of Jamie comes running back home terrified practically diving into Jamie's chest to be reabsorbed only for the team to find out the Punisher is is about to kick in the door in 3... 2... 1... Boom! How can Jamie claim to be innocent when it was a part of him that popped up on Frank's radar to begin with what obligation does Jamie have to set things right?

(I'm not so sure what his status is nowadays, haven't followed the Frankencastle stuff at all).

Brian M.
08-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Queen Rogue and her husband Magneto need to hire them to kill that Cyclops brat.

Magneto would just get too tired walking the stairs. He'd end up falling to his knees...for a second time in front of Cyclops.

You remember this glorious moment don't you?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/IantistarI/photo-1.jpg

FiddleFaddle
08-15-2010, 03:47 PM

Ha! I like this one!