PDA

View Full Version : Dark Wolverine #87 Review/Spoilers

Daken's Girl
06-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Ashamed to say this but #87 was rather pointless...

So we have Daken getting nearly robbed by that girl in Rome, he talks to her, she wants to come with him, he doesn't like it. Then Daken sees a statue, meets a guy, Daken goes with that guy on a ride, says he knows what the guy is, when Daken tries to kiss that guy that one reacts exactly as he has expected, he keeps flirting with him, is led into a dark ally and there, when the guy wants to tell him the truth, Daken snaps and tells him exactly what would have happened, since to him it was obvious, he knows there's another guy who's supposed to rob him (yeah, AGAIN), he tells that guy to piss off, then turns to the other guy, who begs him not to kill him and Daken leaves saying "You've done nothing wrong."

WTF??? Oo

!

worstblogever
06-17-2010, 02:42 AM
The thrilling adventures of Logan's bisexual son, whose new archenemies are a legion of Roman pickpockets?

Yeah, that is a tough sell.

Daken's Girl
06-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Yeah, I was first wondering if they finally show him with a guy and therefore finally confirming him as really being bisexual and not someone who does guys when he needs something from them only. But no... They went for Oliver Twist. -.-

The Last Day Dawns
06-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Wasn't a fan of this issue. Seemed rather pointless. Probably just needed a filler before Franken-Castle. Bone claws also looked like they became metal.

kidfresh512
06-17-2010, 05:10 AM
A complete waste of money to buy this. Nothing happened.

JmH Reborn
06-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Just another winner from Dan Way [/sarcasm]

Koni
06-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Rome kind of sucks with all that petty crime, doesn't it. Stupid thieves though; why go for the muscled, tattooed guy with the mohawk?

Yeah, rather pointless. Unless they wanted to show that Daken now goes around teaching little criminals a lesson. In Europe.

No fashion remarks though. And I lol'd at that Italian version of "objects in rear mirror are larger than they appear".

xDurgax
06-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Well, Rome looks like a pretty insecure city to visit. The issue show a history that really does not need be narrated on 30 pages, still I can not say that was a waste of my time.

Filthy Mutie
06-17-2010, 08:14 AM
I've been to Rome several times and never had an issue with petty crime. I've heard a handful of first-person counts of being pick-pocketed by gypsies, though. It's not like the streets are teeming with thieves.

Sounds like a pretty awesome book!

Mia
06-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I was first wondering if they finally show him with a guy and therefore finally confirming him as really being bisexual and not someone who does guys when he needs something from them only. But no... They went for Oliver Twist. -.-

I thought that this was confirmed that he was bi when Logan acused him of being in love with some man.

darknessatnoon
06-17-2010, 08:48 AM
I liked this issue. Lots of sleaze.

Koni
06-17-2010, 08:49 AM
I thought that this was confirmed that he was bi when Logan acused him of being in love with some man.

That just confirmed he has daddy issues.

Blaise
06-17-2010, 09:39 AM
They should have just gone with either the pickpocket or the second guy, not both. Separately, I thought they were kind of interesting, Daken came across to me as oddly disheartened and not sure what he was supposed to be doing next, probably realising he wasn't anywhere near as clever and in control as he had thought when he saw himself in a couple of petty criminals.

That would have been OK, except after the first encounter, pretty much the same thing happens again with the same conclusion. I'd have rather they kept one of them, and then had Daken do something slightly more interesting than wander around bumping into muggers and pickpockets.

xDurgax
06-17-2010, 10:13 AM
They should have just gone with either the pickpocket or the second guy, not both. Separately, I thought they were kind of interesting, Daken came across to me as oddly disheartened and not sure what he was supposed to be doing next, probably realising he wasn't anywhere near as clever and in control as he had thought when he saw himself in a couple of petty criminals.

That would have been OK, except after the first encounter, pretty much the same thing happens again with the same conclusion. I'd have rather they kept one of them, and then had Daken do something slightly more interesting than wander around bumping into muggers and pickpockets.

I agree with you, was an interesting introspection and you can see a bit of how Daken looks himself, he is a predator and if the people around him lies or kills that is normal because all the people try to survive (he does not have any moral basis),at time, he is learning that not all so easy and he does not Know the people as well as as he thinks (like his Father or Romulus), that is important because his pride is one of his worse defaults. But all this could be explained in a shorter space, and then show us more important things.

Another point is how he can finish an Issue without plot against, hurt or kill anybody that is interesting to see is a comic of any member of his family.

Dudebro McTypo
06-17-2010, 10:17 AM

Daken's powersexual, he doesn't care who he sleeps with as long as he's on top/has the power.

darknessatnoon
06-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Daken's powersexual, he doesn't care who he sleeps with as long as he's on top/has the power.

Bottoms have all the power, the Big G.

Daken's Girl
06-17-2010, 11:36 AM

Some man was actually Romulus and it didn't officially confirm anything. It just said that Daken loved Romulus in a fatherly way, since Romulus said later on "That I didn't love you like a son?".

darknessatnoon
06-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Some man was actually Romulus and it didn't officially confirm anything. It just said that Daken loved Romulus in a fatherly way, since Romulus said later on "That I didn't love you like a son?".

That line was meant to imply that Romulus was giving him a different kind of loving. Romulus sexually abused Daken while raising him.

Waterlily
06-17-2010, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Romulus is the one who left the book about the Spartans for Daken to find (W:O#26). The same book that inspired him to kill his step sibling most likely laid out some of their other practices (pederasty).

Regardless, I can't read that line about love and not get squicked out.

xDurgax
06-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Well, I do not know what Daken Learned about the spartans, but I a pretty sure that was Romulus who gives that book to Daken expecting that he does a mess. After all what are doing a book writen on latin in a japanese house, and how daken learned latin by himself.

Waterlily
06-17-2010, 12:39 PM
The issue was filler but that doesn't bother me.

Well, I do not know what Daken Learned about the spartans, but I a pretty sure that was Romulus who gives that book to Daken expecting that he does a mess. After all what are doing a book writen on latin in a japanese house, and how daken learned latin by himself.

The book was in Greek. He's really good at learning languages.

xDurgax
06-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Yep was on Greek, my mistake.
But my point was that is a completly different alphabet.

Zomling
06-18-2010, 01:20 AM
I seem to be out of step here, but Ireally enjoyed this issue.

Admitedly there wasn't much action, but I thought it followed up well on the end of the last arc.

Daken obviously saw parallels between himself and the two thieves which is why he showed mercy.

Plus as no one was pulling his strings or patying him there was no real reason to kill either of them. This shows that Daken, while a killer, only kills for a reason rather than indiscriminately like Sabretooth.

Mia
06-18-2010, 07:36 AM

Thanks for the clarification. That's what you get when you decide to skim a book as opposed to reading it in its entirety!

Daken's Girl
06-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the clarification. That's what you get when you decide to skim a book as opposed to reading it in its entirety!

No problem. ;)

Lewismio
07-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Daken isnt gay or straight, he hates all humans he only has sex with them to either show that he can or to get some form of power