PDA

View Full Version : Which one of Batman`s "Children" do u prefer Damien, Helena Wayne or Terry McGinnis?

SSG335
06-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Personally I dont care for Damien and Huntress they are way too Arrogant.I kind of like the Terry McGinnis story in Batman Beyond but I am not fond of the idea of Bruce Wayne ending up as a lonely old man infont of a computer

Damian Wayne/Damian al Ghul is Bruce Wayne`s Son with Talia al Ghul
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Damian_Wayne_%28New_Earth%29

Helena Wayne/Helena Kyle was Bruce Wayne`s daughter with Catwoman in Earth-Two
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Helena_Wayne_%28Earth-Two%29

Terry McGinnis/Wayne is Bruce Wayne`s Biological Son from Batman Beyond (He has his own Comics Now)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_%28Terry_McGinnis%29

Jorriss
06-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Terry McGinnis by a lot.

Lethiecq
06-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Damian Wayne
I think Damian adds a lot to the title, and now with the absence of Bruce, Damian's presence does a lot for the interactions with the other bat characters, in particular his friction with Tim.

Why isn't this thread a poll? It seems perfect for that format.

Mat001
06-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Damian's a decent character and there's room for growth, but I perfer Terry more. Largely because I've seen every episode of the series. I cannot say much about Helena Wayne since I've never read her Pre-Crisis adventures.

Karl O'Neill
06-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Damian Wayne. For me, Hands down.

Personamanx
06-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Damian Wayne. No hating on Terry though.

Shush
06-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Damian, then Terry, then a long 3 mile line, then Helena.

That being said, I really like what was done with Terry in the animated verse.

DKR
06-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Terry and Damian.

zur en arrh
06-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Damian, for sure.

Quinnhop
06-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Damian, no doubt.

chipsnopotatoes
06-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Helena Wayne, the original bat child.

Clockan
06-05-2010, 12:30 PM
damien for sure... love terry but i hate that he is even a son of batman.. shoulda just been some punk kid

Lorendiac
06-05-2010, 12:30 PM
My favorite? Helena Wayne.

Second place? Terry, although I hate the JLU episode "Epilogue" and its lame attempt to say that Terry is Bruce's genetic child because only a child of Bruce could have what it takes to be a new Batman someday.

Third place by a considerable margin? Damian. I look forward to the day when Grant Morrison's Batman run will end, and Damian will be swept offstage, never to be heard from again.

Tenacious_AA
06-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Helena Wayne

md62
06-05-2010, 12:46 PM
I know you did not put his adopted kids in the thread but Dick Grayson is more Batman's son than Damian or Terry or even Tim Drake because Dick grew up in Wayne Manor with Bruce & Alfred.

So between his biological offspring it is Helena over Damian. I don't consider Damian a worthy sucessor to the Batman mythos.

Jorriss
06-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I know you did not put his adopted kids in the thread but Dick Grayson is more Batman's son than Damian or Terry or even Tim Drake because Dick grew up in Wayne Manor with Bruce & Alfred.

I think he was acknowledging that by putting children in quotation marks.

Lorendiac
06-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I think he was acknowledging that by putting children in quotation marks.

As alternatives, asking "Which of Batman's offspring" or "Which of Batman's biological children" would also have gotten the point across that we were talking about solid genetic ties, and not just about "family-style bonding" in the looser sense.

Although -- come to think of it -- the last time I heard it mentioned, readers had never yet learned what the results were when Bruce sent samples of his tissue and Damian's tissue off to a genetics lab and asked them to do DNA testing and see how closely related the two subjects were. We know that the test happened, but we don't know what the lab's final report said! So who really knows if Damian qualifies as Bruce's biological son or not? :confused:

Jorriss
06-05-2010, 02:58 PM
As alternatives, asking "Which of Batman's offspring" or "Which of Batman's biological children" would also have gotten the point across that we were talking about solid genetic ties, and not just about "family-style bonding" in the looser sense.

It's unnecessary though considering he gave the names of the three people he was referring to specifically.

At this point, I'm just assuming the DNA test proved Damien is Bruce's son.

l_sauchelli
06-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Terry, by a long mile.

Btw, Terry's little brother was also Bruce bio-kid.

Jorriss
06-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Terry, by a long mile.

Btw, Terry's little brother was also Bruce bio-kid.
I'd be interested in knowing what became of him.

Maybe he's Nightwing... of the future.

thor25
06-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Helena, but Terry is a very close second, also..

although I hate the JLU episode "Epilogue" and its lame attempt to say that Terry is Bruce's genetic child because only a child of Bruce could have what it takes to be a new Batman someday.

agree exactly my feelings.............

also..

I think was shame that Helena din't appear in batman beyond as was originally planned, but since terry is back there is always hope..........

Aziz Abbasi
06-06-2010, 12:28 PM
I go with Damian Wayne, I just love seeing the son of Batman teaming-up with previous robins, previous disciples of Bruce Wayne, his father

Kolymar
06-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Terry McGinnis for all the reasons previously stated. :wink:

Jorriss
06-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Second place? Terry, although I hate the JLU episode "Epilogue" and its lame attempt to say that Terry is Bruce's genetic child because only a child of Bruce could have what it takes to be a new Batman someday.

Terry is awesome but I have to agree Epilogue wasn't good.

Well, the episode was good but the idea was bad. I love seeing Terry break into the house.

WorstThingUS
06-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Helena Wayne, the original bat child.

Amen, though I loves me some Damian. And that retconning of Terry as Bruce's child just rubbed me the wrong way on so many levels. I prefer to think that final episode just never happened.

Sixty-Three
06-06-2010, 06:00 PM
I look forward to the day when Grant Morrison's Batman run will end, and Damian will be swept offstage, never to be heard from again.

start holding your breath, and do us all a favor.

Norrin Radd
06-06-2010, 11:33 PM

That was lame. What were they smoking with that ep?

Jorriss
06-07-2010, 12:22 AM
That was lame. What were they smoking with that ep?
Ya know, that episode would of been so good without that one, very big part.

If Terry felt betrayed for just about any of other reason we would of had a fantastic ending.

JCAll
06-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Terry. Though I still prefer to think of him as just "some punk who thinks he's Batman".

Aziz Abbasi
06-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Terry. Though I still prefer to think of him as just "some punk who thinks he's Batman".I don't take it that way, I take him as a young man who deserved the title according to Bruce Wayne standards

burr787
06-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Damian by a long shot. I like Terry a lot too, but Damian is just awesome.

Aziz Abbasi
06-07-2010, 02:39 AM
Third place by a considerable margin? Damian. I look forward to the day when Grant Morrison's Batman run will end, and Damian will be swept offstage, never to be heard from again.Morrison isn't great as a Bat writer IMO, he's merely good. I think you're too harsh on Damian, he can still be written more fitting for your taste

start holding your breath, and do us all a favor. And release it while meditatingHere, fixed for ya:wink:

Dick/babs
06-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Terry McGinnis is Loser with a power suit He does not have enough skills to be Robin

and about Damien, Helena Wayne at least Bruce had feelings for their mothers:biggrin:

myme
06-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Helena Wayne.

SSG335
06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Terry McGinnis is Loser with a power suit He does not have enough skills to be Robin

and about Damien, Helena Wayne at least Bruce had feelings for their mothers:biggrin:

Actually Terry McGinnis has more skills than Damien and Huntress combined.He was an actual street fighter and was mentally trained by Bruce.He was not not as skilled as Bruce`s adopted children but thats not fair comparing them because they were trained by a Young Bruce Wayne in pretty much everything

and I can stand Damien a little but Huntress (Helena) was just plain Ignorant

Godlike13
06-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Damian, then Huntress :cool:. I don't even acknowledge Terry McGinnis in comics.

thepenguin
06-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Damien Wayne is more interesting than Terry ever could be. Although I loved Batman Beyond.

Terry is a bit like Dick isn't he?

Damien is unique.

Maestro Hulk
06-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Terry by a long shot. Though Damian is rapidly climbing in to the top spot if Morrison keeps writing him so good in Batman and Robin.

1. Terry

2. Damian (he was pretty cool in Batman #666)

Gabe De Los Muertos
06-07-2010, 07:59 PM
I love Damian and Terry.

Kal-Ill
06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Damian and Terry are both great. Terry gained my respect in the Return of the Joker movie. Damian is just a wicked little POS. I love that little SOB. He's one ridiculous little snot. Perfectly written.... and so scary. I mean the kid is the son of the Bat and the GRANDson of R'as Al F'n Ghul

Jake_York
06-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Damian.

Damian is easily in my top five DC characters.

hb695
06-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Terry and Helena.

Damian don't mean **** so he's just an Elseworlds character to me

Godlike13
06-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Terry don't mean ****, he's just an Elseworlds character

Fixed :wink:

DarkKnghtJared
06-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Damian by a nose--I love Terry as a character, but Damian feels a bit more unique as a character. What I really love about Terry is that his heritage was really an afterthought, something that no one really knew--Terry earned that title years before he even knew. THAT'S badass.

Part of me wonders why Helena's even on the list, let alone a person or two choosing her. What was it about Helena Wayne? I've seen pages of her old comics, and she just felt like a cardboard cut-out of a character. Changing her from a Wayne to a Bertinelli was probably the best thing they ever did for that character.

SSG335
06-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Damien Wayne is more interesting than Terry ever could be. Although I loved Batman Beyond.

Terry is a bit like Dick isn't he?

Damien is unique.

Not really Terry was more loyal to Bruce than Dick although he did have his Arrogant moments.and Dick always makes lame jokes

derekw13029
06-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Damian by a fairly good amount, even though I still suspect he is a clone, not a son. Terry was alright, but just didn't seem...I don't know. Batman enough?

gravling
06-08-2010, 12:34 PM
damian. he can be a little sh*tbag, but i kind of 'love to hate' him, and i think he'll evolve into a good character over time if he's given good writing and they resist the urge to turn him into another jason todd. . .

ABH-1979
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Damian for me.

As the JLU episode "Epilogue;" I can understand why some would really dislike it because they made Terry into Bruce's clone/son, but beyond that the episode was brilliant. Epilogue was a love letter to the DCAU Batman. It had everything: References to "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm," "On Leather Wings," even a very subtle hint that Bruce named his dog Ace after the Ace from the episode (which was a really touching moment). This is one of my favorite episodes just for the continuity and the respect given to the character.

hb695
06-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Fixed :wink:

Cheeky bugger.

I still say Terry and Helena.

janthonyh
06-08-2010, 04:51 PM
I actually love all 3!

but if I have to pick an order, it goes:

Helena Wayne
Damian Wayne
Terry McGuinness

CapedClown
05-31-2011, 07:43 AM
I personally think both Helena and Terry should be kept out of canon. The only child of the batman that I think of as Canon is Damian, because Morrison made him canon, but then again, Morrison does a lot of crazy things. I view Helena like Jason's red hair. It should not be reintroduced back in the comics. THe only character that fits logically in canon after being introduced in the cartoon is Harley, so Terry should also be treated as an alternate universe character. You don't see me complaining about Carrie Kelly not being counted as a canon Robin. She came before Tim Drake, the spoiler, and Damian Wayne, so technically she should be the third Robin, but she's not part of the canon universe. Anyway, there is my two cents. Damian ftw. Terry is cool and all, but keep him in the Beyond Universe, please. Same for Helena. Terry = Earth-12, Helena = Earth-2.
End of my rant... just kidding. Forgive me for not staying on topic, but using the ontological argument, existence makes a character better, and Damian exists in earth-one making him inherently greater than the other characters. Ok, so canon-ness isn't confined to earth numbers per se, but not everything is logical, and earth-one is the focus of ≥90% DC stories.

Argument:
If Earth-one is canon and treated as the most important earth, then earth-one characters are better than other non-earth-one characters (i.e. earth-two characters, earth-twelve characters, etc.)
Damian Wayne is an Earth-One Character.
Helena is an Earth-Two Character.
Terry is an Earth-Twelve Character.
Therefore Damian is greater than Helena and Terry.

darkseidpwns
05-31-2011, 08:03 AM

So between his biological offspring it is Helena over Damian. I don't consider Damian a worthy sucessor to the Batman mythos.

Grew up in the manor? oh my, lol.Nobody's gonna inherit the bat mantle.

With that said,Damian and Terry.

darkseidpwns
05-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Terry and Helena.

Damian don't mean **** so he's just an Elseworlds character to me

You mean the other way around don't you?:wink:

JohnnyHorror92182
05-31-2011, 08:26 AM
http://glcorps.dcuwiki.net/wiki/images/e/ee/Robin_%28Damian_Wayne%29.png
Damian.

I wasn't around for the Pre-Crisis Huntress, the daughter of Batman. So I have no real interest or emotional attachment to the character.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/12413/earth-2%20huntress.jpg

Terry is okay. I am not a big "Batman Beyond" fan but the series was entertaining and I respect it. Terry's "Secret Origin" in the JLU animated series, in my opinion, is kinda ridiculous and strangely, I was surprised more fans didn't find it creepy.
http://www.dadsbigplan.com/images/uploads/2010/07/batman-beyond-1.jpg

JohnnyHorror92182
05-31-2011, 08:27 AM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/830/img233k.jpg

I do like the Batman Beyond concept from Batman #700:cool:

Λ ΛΛ Λ
05-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Terry McGinnis for all the wrong reasons.

Action Ace
05-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Helena edges out Damian, I have no interest in Terry

Free-Man
05-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Exact opposite for me. Terry edges out Damian, while I don't care for Helena.

Terry takes it IMO because he does a better job of standing on his own as a character.

Jake V
05-31-2011, 08:58 AM
Exact opposite for me. Terry edges out Damian, while I don't care for Helena.

Terry takes it IMO because he does a better job of standing on his own as a character.

Really? Terry stands out more than Damian?

Free-Man
05-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Really? Terry stands out more than Damian?

I actually said standing on his own, not standing out. Damian is one of my all-time favorite characters, but I feel like his best moments always come from interacting with others characters in their titles, whether it be the Batgirls, the Teen Titans, or Supergirl. Like I can't honestly see Damian as a solo character, if that makes sense.

Statham
05-31-2011, 09:09 AM
I actually said standing on his own, not standing out. Damian is one of my all-time favorite characters, but I feel like his best moments always come from interacting with others characters in their titles, whether it be the Batgirls, the Teen Titans, or Supergirl. Like I can't honestly see Damian as a solo character, if that makes sense.

I think the reason we don't have a Damien-as-Robin solo book is this specifically. He's so young, and so well-defined for such a fresh character - he's all ego and mouth - that it makes it difficult to imagine him apart from the Bat-Family and Dick in particular. He needs something to bounce off of, a relaxed crimefighter compared to his mini-Batdickery. Solo, he'd need a very good writer or it would easily flounder.

gravling
05-31-2011, 09:24 AM
damian by a country mile. initially it was a 'love to hate' thing, but now i just love the whole dynamic of the character, even though he's bound to go the way of jason todd eventually. . .

Ziggy Stardust
05-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Helena Wayne

mosdef
05-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Damian all the way

http://i52.tinypic.com/jpip8x.jpg

Mia
05-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Even though I dislike the pairing of Bruce and Selina. I have to say I like Helena Wayne the best. She's the most like her father smart, ambitious and successful. Terry is nothing more Bruce's erand boy. I enjoyed BB, but Terry never struck me as being 'Batman', he was just a kid in a costume. And when it comes to Damian..I've always maintained that he really is not Bruce's son. Bruce is just too kind to say so. He knows that Damian needs (psychological) help and understands that he if he were to reveal at this point and time that he is not the boys father. It might cause irreperable harm. So he just let's things stand.

I've always seen Dick more of a kid brother than Bruce's son.

chipsnopotatoes
05-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Helena Wayne. Because I like the pairing of Bruce and Selina. Plus she seemed like a well adjusted kid.

BigTopTony
05-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Damian's the best new character brought into the DCU in decades imho, so he's by far my favorite.

Ben D
05-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Damian
Helena and Terry fight for second place.

BlueStarr86
05-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Terry, even if Helena was a really good friend to Power Girl, I simply don't know her well enough.

Cavemold
05-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Terry

I agree i relate to him the most.

MrHalfawake
05-31-2011, 07:51 PM
Terry is NOT Bruce's son

DNA shenanaghins aside Terry was raised by someone else. Bruce may have played a father role but his fatehr was always...that guy who got killed in episode one whose name escapes me.

seriously that twist was just stupid.

Λ ΛΛ Λ
05-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Terry IS Bruce's biological son. You may think it's stupid, but it's a stone cold fact. Warren 'played' a father role until his demise.

LorrieK
05-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Damian. I don't really know Helena Wayne. I wonder if we're going to lose that hilarious little bastard the same way Helena Wayne went?

And Terry... well that situation is so strange. Sometimes the DCAU (I only know the cartoon version of the character) took some odd turns. I consider him Bruce's son like Conner is Clark's son- kinda, but not exactly.

Cavemold
05-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Terry IS Bruce's biological son. You may think it's stupid, but it's a stone cold fact. Warren 'played' a father role until his demise.

Bruce was his mentor . Thats true if you mean father like that than yes. But in all honesty. Terry learned all of his combat by him self. Unlike Robin etc... Bruce was to old to teach Terry combat. Warren is real father . As (Blight) kills him in the very beginning.

Cavemold
05-31-2011, 09:38 PM

if you have a link or some proof i would love see it.

MajorHoy
06-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Personally I dont care for Damien and Huntress they are way too Arrogant.

Care to give any examples of how Helena Wayne is "way too arrogant"?!?
Maybe the current Huntress, but I don't think I ever remember the Earth-2 version being "too arrogant".

(And of the three choices, Helena Wayne is first choice, though the little pestilence has started to grow on me.)

Lorendiac
06-01-2011, 12:13 PM

Bruce was his mentor . Thats true if you mean father like that than yes. But in all honesty. Terry learned all of his combat by him self. Unlike Robin etc... Bruce was to old to teach Terry combat. Warren is real father . As (Blight) kills him in the very beginning.

if you have a link or some proof i would love see it.

Filip was referring to revelations about genetic engineering which were made in "Epilogue," an episode of the Justice League Unlimited animated series.

In short: Amanda Waller had scientists make sure that Terry McGinnis would be born with Bruce Wayne's genes where Warren McGinnis's genes should have been. Warren and his wife Mary knew nothing about this at the time. Neither did Bruce Wayne. Terry only found out about their remarkably similar DNA after he was a grown man in his 30s, and initially assumed it was all some scheme Bruce had cooked up to give himself a biological son.

And yes, I think it was a really stupid plot twist. But it means that according to DNA testing, Terry is Bruce's long-lost son.

You can read a more detailed summary of that episode at http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Epilogue

ticklefist
06-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Post deleted

Lex Von Doom
06-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Terry, I really like Damian and don't really care about Helena. I'm a huge fan of Batman Beyond so Terry's an easy choice for me here, I really liked watching him interact with Bruce.

MrHalfawake
06-01-2011, 03:16 PM

It takes more than DNA to be a dad

Cavemold
06-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Filip was referring to revelations about genetic engineering which were made in "Epilogue," an episode of the Justice League Unlimited animated series.

In short: Amanda Waller had scientists make sure that Terry McGinnis would be born with Bruce Wayne's genes where Warren McGinnis's genes should have been. Warren and his wife Mary knew nothing about this at the time. Neither did Bruce Wayne. Terry only found out about their remarkably similar DNA after he was a grown man in his 30s, and initially assumed it was all some scheme Bruce had cooked up to give himself a biological son.

And yes, I think it was a really stupid plot twist. But it means that according to DNA testing, Terry is Bruce's long-lost son.

You can read a more detailed summary of that episode at http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Epilogue
i did and i watched the episode and thanks for the link.

Cavemold
06-01-2011, 03:43 PM
It takes more than DNA to be a dad

very true.but science wise bruce is terrys father.

MrHalfawake
06-01-2011, 05:09 PM
very true.but science wise bruce is terrys father.

Great and I was actualy there for him and rasied him wise his dead dad is

Hell Bruce never even put his **** in his moms ****** so yeah

Λ ΛΛ Λ
06-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Why would there be a need for Bruce to **** Marry? She belongs to working middle class. Bruce is only passionate for villainesses and women of public significance.
Besides, how would you expect of Batdaddy to raise him, when he isn't even aware that he has offspring? As a mentor figure he took him to the 'right' path, unlike Warren who didn't pay attention to him in adolescent years, resulting in Terry's deliquent behaviour and being sent to juvenile detention center for 3 months. Did he get Best daddy of the year award for that?

Cavemold
06-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Why would there be a need for Bruce to **** Marry? She belongs to working middle class. Bruce is only passionate for villainesses and women of public significance.
Besides, how would you expect of Batdaddy to raise him, when he isn't even aware that he has offspring? As a mentor figure he took him to the 'right' path, unlike Warren who didn't pay attention to him in adolescent years, resulting in Terry's deliquent behaviour and being sent to juvenile detention center for 3 months. Did he get Best daddy of the year award for that?

double edge sword. Bruce didnt know he had son but in the epic log it seems he knew for a while. Warren by terry standards was good man who tried to do the right thing. Terry acted out because of his parents splitting up i would assume.