PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Red Skull

Joseph C.
05-31-2010, 09:01 PM
One of my questions is, is his face really his skull turned red or is it a mask like the Batman villain Black Mask where it's just a mask?

Also how come he always seems away from any event that happens in MU these past years? Wouldn't he have been someone Osborn wanted on his cabal? Or is what the red skull does not something osborn would want?

what does red skull do anyways?

Hindsight lad
05-31-2010, 09:35 PM
One of my questions is, is his face really his skull turned red or is it a mask like the Batman villain Black Mask where it's just a mask?

Also how come he always seems away from any event that happens in MU these past years? Wouldn't he have been someone Osborn wanted on his cabal? Or is what the red skull does not something osborn would want?

Originally, the Red Skull did wear a mask. However, he transferred his mind into a cloned body of Captain America in Captain America #300. He tried attacking Cap with his lethal dust of death, but missed and exposed himself. The dust turned his human face into a twisted, crimson shape that resembled the Red Skull mask he used to wear.

The Skull was very busy in Brubaker's Captain America over the last couple years trying to conquer the United States. After that, he was presumed dead. (He'll be back) Besides, the Red Skull does not play well with other villains. He took part in the Acts of Vengeance, and ended up trapped in a dark cell with no food by Magneto.

Hindsight lad

HulkSmash!
06-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Originally, the Red Skull did wear a mask. However, he transferred his mind into a cloned body of Captain America in Captain America #300. He tried attacking Cap with his lethal dust of death, but missed and exposed himself. The dust turned his human face into a twisted, crimson shape that resembled the Red Skull mask he used to wear.
Ah, but then the Skull was killed by Bucky, acting under orders by Aleksander Lukin. The Skull used the Cosmic Cube he'd obtained at the time to swap some headspace with Lukin, whose will was eventually submerged. So for some time, Lukin with the Skull's mind became the "new" Red Skull, wearing a mask to conceal his identity like in the old days.

Since then, Lukin's body was destroyed, and Arnim Zola downloaded the Skull into one of his spare robotic bodies. The "face" was actually part of the chest like Zola, so the Skull wore a "mask" on top of the body to simulate the location of his head. That body was supersized by Pym Particles and destroyed.

So, yeah, the red skull as actual face? So 1990s.

~G.

worstblogever
06-01-2010, 03:00 AM
I think even Norman Osborn would balk at the idea of allying himself with a Nazi super-soldier uber-racist from World War II. There's no way to spin that to the media, and the Skull would probably destroy Osborn's empire from within, if given the chance.

Sean Walsh
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Ah, but then the Skull was killed by Bucky, acting under orders by Aleksander Lukin. The Skull used the Cosmic Cube he'd obtained at the time to swap some headspace with Lukin, whose will was eventually submerged. So for some time, Lukin with the Skull's mind became the "new" Red Skull, wearing a mask to conceal his identity like in the old days.

Since then, Lukin's body was destroyed, and Arnim Zola downloaded the Skull into one of his spare robotic bodies. The "face" was actually part of the chest like Zola, so the Skull wore a "mask" on top of the body to simulate the location of his head. That body was supersized by Pym Particles and destroyed.

So, yeah, the red skull as actual face? So 1990s.

It's funny - the scenario you describe above sounds like something that could've EASILY fit in during the 1990's. :tongue:

firefly13
06-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I think even Norman Osborn would balk at the idea of allying himself with a Nazi super-soldier uber-racist from World War II. There's no way to spin that to the media, and the Skull would probably destroy Osborn's empire from within, if given the chance.

I was even surprised that Norman asked Doom and Loki...and we see how that turned out. :cool:

It appeared the only one that was "kind of" loyal was the Hood.

>

Expletive Deleted
06-01-2010, 12:57 PM
One of my questions is, is his face really his skull turned red or is it a mask like the Batman villain Black Mask where it's just a mask?It's gone back and forth over the years. Most recently, it was a mask.

Also how come he always seems away from any event that happens in MU these past years? Wouldn't he have been someone Osborn wanted on his cabal? Or is what the red skull does not something osborn would want?Nobody likes Nazis. Also, the last time he was in a villainous cabal, it didn't end well for him.

what does red skull do anyways?Evil.

Venom Melendez
06-01-2010, 07:28 PM

Except Norman come for the Skull in the Reborn mini, Where Skull was trying to take possession of Steve's body. As for why he stays away from events, he's a Nazi, even other villains think he's scum.

StoneGold
06-01-2010, 07:36 PM
If Skull was still Lukin at the time of the Cabal, I'm sure he would have been invited in. Actually, he would have made a lot of sense. But by the time everything went down, Lukin was dead and Skull was in a Zola robot. Not really good for striking fear in the hearts of men.

Unless I've got my timeline wrong. But Lukin would have worked rather well in the Cabal.

LordEd1976
06-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Besides, the Red Skull does not play well with other villains. He took part in the Acts of Vengeance, and ended up trapped in a dark cell with no food by Magneto.

Hindsight lad

Kinda didnt help that Magneto had been on the recieving end of of some not nice stuff done by Red Skull's old boss by in WW2.

Not alot of people would want to team with a Nazi super-villian. Too many other people around who would have grievances and would not take kindly to anyone hanging around them.

Venom Melendez
06-01-2010, 10:20 PM
If Skull was still Lukin at the time of the Cabal, I'm sure he would have been invited in. Actually, he would have made a lot of sense. But by the time everything went down, Lukin was dead and Skull was in a Zola robot. Not really good for striking fear in the hearts of men.

Unless I've got my timeline wrong. But Lukin would have worked rather well in the Cabal.

Except you forget that the other villains hate him and Skull was the one in control most of the time when he was in Lukin's body, he almost had Full control near the end.

But i really doubt they'd invite the Skull and Skull probably wouldn't want to after what happened to him during Acts of Vengeance.