PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The Least Appreciated Thunderbolt?

Free-Man
05-08-2010, 04:38 AM
??????

Gonna have to go with Amazon.

Apathy Lad
05-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Atlas, beyond a doubt. He always seems to be ignored in the big picture of Thunderbolts.

Kieran_Frost
05-08-2010, 05:18 AM
JOLT
She's one of the "originals" and yet she hasn't appeared in Thunderbolts (or even really been referenced) since the end of the first run, nearly 100 issues ago. Considering how "mostly" the beloved characters (on any team) are the older/original ones, Jolt almost NEVER is listed as anyone's favourite (I do remember 1 person said she was his... ewww! :wink:)
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8876/247383-150783-jolt_large.jpg

whiteshark
05-08-2010, 05:19 AM
The Fixer,looks to alike to the Forge to me.
Or the Swordsman.

Kieran_Frost
05-08-2010, 05:24 AM
The Fixer,looks to alike to the Forge to me.
Oh, I have to disagree. Fixer is beloved by many, MANY Thunderbolts fans.

whiteshark
05-08-2010, 05:30 AM
Oh, I have to disagree. Fixer is beloved by many, MANY Thunderbolts fans.

Yep,that must be true he is even apearing in the new roster for the Thunderbolts.
I am just not a big fan of the character design and his powers,this could be just me though.
Is just a minor complain about the new roster of the Thunderbolts,other than that the new Thunderbolts team look great.

Next2Last
05-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Ross.

He's just trying to keep that Hulk away from his little girl.

Professor Moriarty
05-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Blizzard.

i thought they did a good job bringing him back.

Frogboy
05-08-2010, 09:43 AM
I'd agree with Blizzard, or possibly Joystick. Sure, she turned evil at some point, but Moonstone's still on the team.

Apathy Lad
05-08-2010, 09:46 AM
JOLT
She's one of the "originals" and yet she hasn't appeared in Thunderbolts (or even really been referenced) since the end of the first run, nearly 100 issues ago. Considering how "mostly" the beloved characters (on any team) are the older/original ones, Jolt almost NEVER is listed as anyone's favourite (I do remember 1 person said she was his... ewww! :wink:)

I miss Charcoal :frown:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/457791-charcoal_mark_bagley19_large.jpg

Kieran_Frost
05-08-2010, 09:55 AM
I miss Charcoal :frown:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/457791-charcoal_mark_bagley19_large.jpg
Me too... (hope that stupid comic tw*t spends the rest of his life alone and unhappy, for IDIOTICALLY ruining such a great character)... but either way Charcoal is a different kettle of fish. He CAN'T be used or referenced. Jolt can, nothing stopping the writers or the fans, she just isn't. Hence why I think she's the "least appreciated"

I will say, I think Blizzard IS appreciated, he just got too short a run. Pity.

I miss Charcoal...
:frown:

PaxHouse
05-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I was going to say Ant-Man/Eric O'Grady.... :tongue:

But I agree with those that mention both Jolt and Charcoal (especially him, since he's still "dead"..... :mad: ).....

The Cool Thatguy
05-08-2010, 10:56 AM
JOLT

That's largely because she serves no purpose in the latest Thunderbolt series. She can't serve as the team's conscience, because most she would lecture would likely try to kill her.

Apathy Lad
05-08-2010, 11:19 AM
That's largely because she serves no purpose in the latest Thunderbolt series. She can't serve as the team's conscience, because most she would lecture would likely try to kill her.

Doesn't mean they can't use her, I would love to see her in Young Allies, she'd fit well alongside Nomad.

What the hell happened to Counter-Earth anyway? Why'd Nomad show up on Earth-616?

Nyssane
05-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I'd agree with Blizzard, or possibly Joystick. Sure, she turned evil at some point, but Moonstone's still on the team.

Definitely Blizzard. I don't think Joystick was ever endearing or a remarkable Thunderbolt. She was out for herself, and not in the interesting way like Speed Demon was.

marvell2100
05-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Atlas, beyond a doubt. He always seems to be ignored in the big picture of Thunderbolts.

Have to agree with you here on Atlas. They didn't do too much delving into his past. A little here a little there. But I did like that scene he had with Herc. He was willing to sacrifice his life for his team. They should have kept him around on another team.

Apathy Lad
05-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Have to agree with you here on Atlas. They didn't do too much delving into his past. A little here a little there. But I did like that scene he had with Herc. He was willing to sacrifice his life for his team. They should have kept him around on another team.

Hell, remember the last time you saw Atlast? What was it, New Defenders? You think he would have shown up for the reunion during Diggle's run.

Frogboy
05-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Definitely Blizzard. I don't think Joystick was ever endearing or a remarkable Thunderbolt. She was out for herself, and not in the interesting way like Speed Demon was.

My point exactly.

Monty_Cristo
05-08-2010, 01:25 PM

not necessarily disagreeing but pretty much all they did with Atlas was delve into his past. we saw his past with Heinrich Zemo. we met both of his brothers. we saw how his sister died. compare that to Abe. what do you know about Abe's past prior to him being a "mechanic."

marvell2100
05-08-2010, 01:29 PM
not necessarily disagreeing but pretty much all they did with Atlas was delve into his past. we saw his past with Heinrich Zemo. we met both of his brothers. we saw how his sister died. compare that to Abe. what do you know about Abe's past prior to him being a "mechanic."

I think they pretty much went deep into his past with the him going to prison story arc. We learned more about him from that than just about all the things they did with Atlas imo. That made Abe a much more compelling character along with Melissa. Erik even took a backseat in his own body for a while.

Nevets F
05-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Me too... (hope that stupid comic tw*t spends the rest of his life alone and unhappy, for IDIOTICALLY ruining such a great character)... but either way Charcoal is a different kettle of fish. He CAN'T be used or referenced. Jolt can, nothing stopping the writers or the fans, she just isn't. Hence why I think she's the "least appreciated"

I will say, I think Blizzard IS appreciated, he just got too short a run. Pity.

I miss Charcoal...
:frown:

According to Tom Brevoort...they can indeed use Charcoal all that want, Marvel owns him lock, stock, and barrel. However, as long as Brevoort works at Marvel, he will never let the character be used, because of the fact that the fan that created him acted the way he acted.

Kieran_Frost
05-08-2010, 01:46 PM
According to Tom Brevoort...they can indeed use Charcoal all that want, Marvel owns him lock, stock, and barrel. However, as long as Brevoort works at Marvel, he will never let the character be used, because of the fact that the fan that created him acted the way he acted.
Really? I did not know that. Thanks for the info. And YEY! Down the line we get Charcoal back (thought I do support Tom B's stance... that idiot fan ruined it for all of us - creating a character that "might" actually be used, I mean - ). Anyway... YEY! Charcoal will be back one day!!!
:smile:

Apathy Lad
05-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Really? I did not know that. Thanks for the info. And YEY! Down the line we get Charcoal back (thought I do support Tom B's stance... that idiot fan ruined it for all of us - creating a character that "might" actually be used, I mean - ). Anyway... YEY! Charcoal will be back one day!!!
:smile:

That's even worse than the original creator of Charcoal acting the way he did!

Froggy
05-08-2010, 04:09 PM
That's even worse than the original creator of Charcoal acting the way he did!

what'd he do anyways?

Expletive Deleted
05-08-2010, 04:59 PM
what'd he do anyways?

To quote from Brevoort's blog (http://fans.marvel.com/tom_brevoort/blog/2008/08/08/ten_years_ago):

As you can see from the cover, this issue introduced a new character, who was the winner of a Create-A-Thunderbolt contest we ran in conjunction with Wizard magazine. As promised, the winning character joined the team—but several months later, the contest winner contacted a lawyer and threatened to sue Marvel over the use of the character, despite the fact that the rules and conditions of the contest were very clear. As a result, the character was immediately killed off (actually, by a coincidence he’d been shattered into powder in the issue that was being worked on when the notification came in, and we simply decided not to pull him back together as we’d originally planned), and he will never return so long as I have any say in the matter. And I will never again participate in one of these contests—which is a shame, because they were kind of a fun thing to do with the fans.

Apathy Lad
05-08-2010, 05:43 PM
To quote from Brevoort's blog (http://fans.marvel.com/tom_brevoort/blog/2008/08/08/ten_years_ago):

It's still bullcrap, Charcoal was an awesome character.

Hindsight lad
05-08-2010, 07:29 PM
I have to go with Ogre. Seriously, it was cool for Kurt to bring him back. That's like bringing back Pusher from Astonishing Tales or henchman #4 from an old Daredevil.

Hindsight lad

Apathy Lad
05-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I have to go with Ogre. Seriously, it was cool for Kurt to bring him back. That's like bringing back Pusher from Astonishing Tales or henchman #4 from an old Daredevil.

Hindsight lad

The sad thing is that we had Ogre for like 2 issues, the rest of the time was Fixer pretending to be Ogre.

Frogboy
05-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I never knew that about Charcoal, lame.

The Cool Thatguy
05-08-2010, 07:59 PM
The sad thing is that we had Ogre for like 2 issues, the rest of the time was Fixer pretending to be Ogre.

Yeah, but Fixer as Orge was freakin' awesome. What he did to Abe alone was worth the price of admission.

marvell2100
05-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, but Fixer as Orge was freakin' awesome. What he did to Abe alone was worth the price of admission.

The look on everyone's face was priceless.