PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Sales Chart

Chris S.
05-03-2010, 09:58 AM
So over in the Name thread we got off topic talking about sales.

I started doing some internet searching and found this which I found interesting (http://www.comicsbeat.com/2010/03/31/marvel-month-to-month-sales-february-2010/).

I think if anything it shows that sales are all over the place. Saying the book is a complete success is hard.

I'd love to see a chart of how monthly averages for all comics have gone and see how much is dictated by that though. We all know that comic sales in general have declined with the economy.

whiteshark
05-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I think it`s more hard to try to convince anybody that a book in a thrice a month format apearing in the majority of the months in the Top 20 is doing bad in sales.
Not too mention the times in which it apears in the Top 10 as hapened three times the last six months.
And when you consider that all the first places are usually by comic books tied to events more it proves the succes of Amazing Spider-Man.

remoteman
05-03-2010, 10:48 AM
What surprised me most were the Ultimate sales. Ultimate Spider-Man in particular looks to be selling very poorly, the relaunch doesn't seem to have boosted it at all.

Rob Thompson
05-03-2010, 10:50 AM
What surprised me most were the Ultimate sales. Ultimate Spider-Man in particular looks to be selling very poorly, the relaunch doesn't seem to have boosted it at all.Now that the mainstream Spidey is single again, there seems less to separate the Ultimate version from his mainstream counterpart. Maybe that's having an effect on sales.

ShaggyB
05-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Now that the mainstream Spidey is single again, there seems less to separate the Ultimate version from his mainstream counterpart. Maybe that's having an effect on sales.

or its the new style of making the ultimate universe majorly different.

John Zaleski
05-03-2010, 11:07 AM
or having terrible art.

Apathy Lad
05-03-2010, 11:08 AM
or having terrible art.

LaFuente's not all bad, but after having Bagley and Immonen on the title... yeesh.

Chris S.
05-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Now that the mainstream Spidey is single again, there seems less to separate the Ultimate version from his mainstream counterpart. Maybe that's having an effect on sales.

I don't think it is. I think people can't stand the art right now. This is a complaint I just can't understand but that you can see in this very thread.

EuphemismForSex
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
or having terrible art.

I concur. I can barely read USM now... Hell, I just take advantage of my friend's OCD to buy every issue so I can read it myself. It'll be a happy day when the current artist gets off that book.

Best USM I've seen since the relaunch is in Ultimate Enemy.

CyberHubbs
05-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Not a huge fan of LaFuentes, but he seems to fit what they're currently doing with USM. 'Course, that's totally an outsider's opinion. I don't pick the book up, so just working on what I've heard about it.

The Superior Michael Deery
05-03-2010, 04:27 PM
With it's three a month shedule it seems to me like it's sales work like a TV shows ratings. A lot of people come for the big episodes or the stranger ones but look at some stories as missable. Which probably has more to do with the wallet than the quality