PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling: Postmania III, Andre the Giant's Ghost Seeks Revenge

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]

The Zapper
04-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Styles is such a better face than he is a heel, I really hope he dumps Flair and becomes a face sooner rather than later. Just my opinion.

Legato
04-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Styles is such a better face than he is a heel, I really hope he dumps Flair and becomes a face sooner rather than later. Just my opinion.

Your not alone when it comes to that. Would be nice that AJ would soon realize that he was doing just fine before Flair came along. "All that coaching you gave me cost me my championship belt!"

SUPERECWFAN1
04-20-2010, 01:12 PM

I think last night it all came togethor for AJ as a heel. The fans were into total disgust for him booing him. Telling him he sucked. AJ would rub it in more....GREATEST baby. I really want AJ to get the belt back in some underhanded heel way at either Sacrifice or Slammiversy now. AJ as a heel is arriving.

EDIT : Even if your a heel champion you need to look decent enough and protected as champion. Or you get a horrible label hung on you. The WWE needs credible heel challengers who fans can latch onto. If your putting a World title on Jack Swagger and have him win MIB...at WRESTLEMANIA. You had better make the man look decent enough. 3-4 of your stars (Taker , HHH , HBK , Batista) are past 40. They have main evented since 2004 in a lot of combinations. If you don't get serious and try and help push your new stars better...or you better hope the HHH's , Dave Batista's and Undertaker's can last into their 50's.

SUPERECWFAN1
04-20-2010, 01:25 PM
According to a high level source within TNA, Jim Ross has had a meeting with TNA officials concerning the possibility of signing with the company.

I was informed that within the past week or so, Ross met with both TNA President Dixie Carter and Dean Broadhead, the CFO of TNA, and the two sides discussed the possibility of Jim Ross signing with TNA. I was told TNA has interest in bringing JR into the company as they are still in the process of trying to "shake things up" on TV.

It should be noted that this was just a meeting, and should not be taken to mean that Ross has signed, or is going to sign with TNA.

Currently, JR is still under contract with WWE, but the deal expires on April 30th.

Ok this is from Wrestlezone. So take it for what its worth. In the past WZ was right on a thing or 2 months back. But this is an interesting news development. Ross has been off WWE TV for months and has hinted he would never call another WWE show. He never even showed at Wrestlemania.

On Monday a site reported JR sent a tweet out which he meant for private to Taz at Lockdown . The tweet :

Following last night's TNA Lockdown PPV, Jim Ross posted the following on his Twitter account which looked to be a message that was supposed to be sent as a private message to Taz as opposed to a public Tweet. "U should feel good of ur work 2nite. Creative can be tweaked easily. It's easy 2 ID the players. Poor Mike lacks instincts but tries. La ..." The Tweet was quickly deleted by Ross.

It will be interesting if Jim Ross jumps ...will TNA become a 3 man annouce booth ? With Ross calling play by play , Teney as the special knowlodge guy and Taz the heel ?

Legato
04-20-2010, 01:38 PM
I think last night it all came togethor for AJ as a heel. The fans were into total disgust for him booing him. Telling him he sucked. AJ would rub it in more....GREATEST baby. I really want AJ to get the belt back in some underhanded heel way at either Sacrifice or Slammiversy now. AJ as a heel is arriving.

EDIT : Even if your a heel champion you need to look decent enough and protected as champion. Or you get a horrible label hung on you. The WWE needs credible heel challengers who fans can latch onto. If your putting a World title on Jack Swagger and have him win MIB...at WRESTLEMANIA. You had better make the man look decent enough. 3-4 of your stars (Taker , HHH , HBK , Batista) are past 40. They have main evented since 2004 in a lot of combinations. If you don't get serious and try and help push your new stars better...or you better hope the HHH's , Dave Batista's and Undertaker's can last into their 50's.

Now as far as the heel that I would like to see WWE build on Ted Jr has found the spark ever since he got the Million Dollar Belt. The WWE just need to book him to look crediable than he was when he was apart of Legacy.

The guys like HHH or Taker is one serious injury away from having their careers ended so you need the young guys to rely on and be that next guy.

SUPERECWFAN1
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Now as far as the heel that I would like to see WWE build on Ted Jr has found the spark ever since he got the Million Dollar Belt. The WWE just need to book him to look crediable than he was when he was apart of Legacy.

The guys like HHH or Taker is one serious injury away from having their careers ended so you need the young guys to rely on and be that next guy.

Exactly and the talk is HHH is banged up and will take time off. Taker's knees are in bad shape. So the company has to look at Jack Swagger and Ted Jr as the future of the company. Both are in their 20's. They need both to be booked as credible heels. They need wins. Because essentially they are starting out for fans.

Ted has gotta go over in programs to build him. He can't be made to be "raped" by Randy Orton in handicap matches. He's gotta win and get a IC/US title run and showcase himself.

C-Cool
04-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Well... now we know why Anderson was (kayfabe) not in IMPACT last night...

He went bonkers after the loss! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtPtVXfikxg)

noh-varr
04-20-2010, 02:23 PM

While I think AJ is making headway as a heel, I also believe the heat isn't static with him, it comes and goes depending on who is in the ring wit him. RVD is very over, and helped get everyone to give heat against AJ. The other thing really is how much heat does he get outside of the Impact Zone? The Impact Zone crowd very much does what it's told to do for the most part, they mark out for pretty much everything, this isn't a horrible thing by any means, but when they have PPVs outside of there it really reflects how fans truly react.

The boos before RVD arrived weren't nearly as strong, and there was cheering when he first came out and a few other times pre RVD. While I think heel AJ can and has worked in the past (way back when he was cocky heel) I still believe he is just a natural face. The issue with turning him now, besides the fact they have just now gotten people to start booing him and all the investments of time and money they have used, is that they really don't have many other heels ready to go for the main event. Singles wise all you have is Anderson and Wolfe (who has become a jobber for the main event/upper midcard faces), yeah there is still technically Sting, but he's not in a place where he gets boos yet, if anything he's worse then AJ as a heel right now due to having reached the legendary status. The main event scene is full of faces and ineffective heels, it's kind of like the Raw roster in ways.

Face wise we have:
RVD
Hardy
Abyss
Jerrett
the Pope
Rob Terry (getting put on Team Hogan is an instant bump)
Joe

Heels it's just AJ, Sting, Anderson, and Wolfe. Beer Money are tag guys and are essentially lackeys.

And there really aren't any mid card heels ready to make the move, unless we get Morgan away from the tag belts and into the single's division (which is something I would very much welcome).

The heels need to make a big impact asap, unless we are going to start having face vs face feuds, they are the guys who are getting booked strong right now.

noh-varr
04-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Ok this is from Wrestlezone. So take it for what its worth. In the past WZ was right on a thing or 2 months back. But this is an interesting news development. Ross has been off WWE TV for months and has hinted he would never call another WWE show. He never even showed at Wrestlemania.

On Monday a site reported JR sent a tweet out which he meant for private to Taz at Lockdown . The tweet :

It will be interesting if Jim Ross jumps ...will TNA become a 3 man annouce booth ? With Ross calling play by play , Teney as the special knowlodge guy and Taz the heel ?

I wonder how it would work if this were to happen. I use to enjoy Taz doing commentary, but in TNA he seems to be more of a moron, he repeats questions that Tenay asks, and asks them again after the answer has been presented. I just haven't liked him in the booth at all, not that I have been enjoying Tenay either. I mean likely it is due to whoever is feeding them lines (or maybe no one is feeding them lines which is the issue). They really could use a shake up on the announce side of things, big time. I kind of wish they would get Nash out there to do color commentary, everytime he does it it's usually great, helps further story in the ring, and puts over someone who is in the ring.

Legato
04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
I wonder how it would work if this were to happen. I use to enjoy Taz doing commentary, but in TNA he seems to be more of a moron, he repeats questions that Tenay asks, and asks them again after the answer has been presented. I just haven't liked him in the booth at all, not that I have been enjoying Tenay either. I mean likely it is due to whoever is feeding them lines (or maybe no one is feeding them lines which is the issue). They really could use a shake up on the announce side of things, big time. I kind of wish they would get Nash out there to do color commentary, everytime he does it it's usually great, helps further story in the ring, and puts over someone who is in the ring.

I find Tenay tolerable because he knows his stuff when it comes to wrestling. Him and Taz just dont click for me but when Don West was the announcer they sort of clicked. Especially once Don West evolved into a heel announcer.

I say should TNA get another wrestling show have West and Ross announce that

Jared
04-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Is Foley still with TNA?

Has anyone heard Ross speak since his latest Palsy attack?

master of read
04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I find Tenay tolerable because he knows his stuff when it comes to wrestling. Him and Taz just dont click for me but when Don West was the announcer they sort of clicked. Especially once Don West evolved into a heel announcer.

thats cause don and mike have been together for years so they had time to click. as much as i love taz, i do miss don. he and homicide had a great relationship on camera.

BeastieRunner
04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Is Foley still with TNA?

He tweets and blogs. That's about it so far.

SUPERECWFAN1
04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Well we knew Rob Van Dam was getting the best rated quarters . How did he fare having an entire show geared around him and his matches ?

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_40785.shtml

The early report on last night's TNA Impact ratings is the show did a 1.00 overall rating and 1.3 million viewers.

Depending on how the numbers were rounded, the show would be the highest-rated episode since the official to move to Monday nights on March 8. The March 8 episode averaged a 0.99 rating, which is why rounding is a factor in the comparison.

The 1.00 rating is up 28.8 percent compared to last week's 0.78 rating. The 1.3 million viewers is up 18.3 percent compared to last week's 1.1 million viewers.

The key to the ratings increase was with the adults 18-49 and males 18-49. The demographic ratings were up to the early March levels after Impact scored weak numbers at the end of March and early April.

Rob Van Dam....baby. MR. MONDAY NIGHT. :wink:

Royal
04-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Is Foley still with TNA?

He tweets and blogs. That's about it so far.

From my end I'm hearing Bellator is courting him for third season commentary.

Royal
04-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Well we knew Rob Van Dam was getting the best rated quarters . How did he fare having an entire show geared around him and his matches ?

TNA got as many people as last Saturday's Strikeforce event.

Whoopty fucking doo.

SUPERECWFAN1
04-20-2010, 03:07 PM
TNA got as many people as last Saturday's Strikeforce event.

Whoopty fucking doo.

Everytime I see the name STRIKEFORCE I can't help but think of this team.

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr160/fishbulb-suplex/Wrestlers/Tag%20Teams/Strike%20Force/37.jpg

And well.....Strike Force is no ....

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/1--Blood-1-clot--1/-RVD.jpg

Rob.....Van.....Dam !

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff32/lilgo_bo_k/344fpfm.gif

noh-varr
04-20-2010, 03:23 PM

Actually I think it is his interactions with Taz that is making me care less for Tenay. I really do miss heel Don West at the booth. After years of being annoying, he finally gets himself a gimmick and voice that just works so well for him and that's when they go and change thing, ah well.

Don't forget to thank the volcano, and that the whole night was based around well WRESTLING. I would say the night was win for TNA as a whole, not RVD specifically. Hopefully for them Thursday ends up doing better then 1.0, and next week they don't drop back down to .7 or so. They blew a huge load on a night people may turn away from Raw, they now have to follow up on this and not go back to 2-5 minute matches the whole night.

Raw btw dropped down to a 3.05 their lowest since December 2008, they will blame this of course on the stars of Raw not being there, I blame it on the fact the first hour is nothing but two guys talking for 20 minutes with a whole 3 minute match tossed in for fun... oh wait that is a typical Raw, never mind, it must of been the lack of the Raw stars...

SUPERECWFAN1
04-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Don't forget to thank the volcano, and that the whole night was based around well WRESTLING. I would say the night was win for TNA as a whole, not RVD specifically. Hopefully for them Thursday ends up doing better then 1.0, and next week they don't drop back down to .7 or so. They blew a huge load on a night people may turn away from Raw, they now have to follow up on this and not go back to 2-5 minute matches the whole night.

Raw btw dropped down to a 3.05 their lowest since December 2008, they will blame this of course on the stars of Raw not being there, I blame it on the fact the first hour is nothing but two guys talking for 20 minutes with a whole 3 minute match tossed in for fun... oh wait that is a typical Raw, never mind, it must of been the lack of the Raw stars...

Well the Brand Draft is next week and starts at 8pm. Its a 3 hour show. TNA will basically do between a 0.6-.08 for that one. The last show where Shawn retired post Wrestlemania was hyped for that. Just like the Austin episode , this one will do a huge number based on weeks of hype.

The repeat for TNA will come in handy next week. It should be interesting to see what kinda number TNA does for the repeat . Will word of mouth spread for Rob Van Dam's title win ?

Legato
04-20-2010, 03:39 PM

With Raw, to me, the WWE could have still put on a entertaining show despite the lack of stars. They have enough talent on Smackdown to do so. However Raw just half assed through the entire show. So no matter how many times some would whine about what went down on Impact last night atleast TNA didn't go through that show half assed like Raw did.

Double 0
04-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Well... now we know why Anderson was (kayfabe) not in IMPACT last night...

He went bonkers after the loss! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtPtVXfikxg)

Favorite'd...

Awesome!

Brandon Hanvey
04-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Continued here.