PDA

View Full Version : Warner Brah! buys Rocksteady (makers of Arkham Asylum)

K-DoG7p7
02-23-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62473

Not bad..

Not really anything to comment on.

Well actually, WB seems to be buying up just about anyone that makes a game for them now, Rocksteady, Midway (large part anyway) and TT Games

jhota
02-23-2010, 12:11 PM
well, if they did as good a job as critics and sales seem to indicate (not my type of game, so i've got no clue), it would seem to make sense to bring them "in-house" to do the same type and quality of work on other properties.

Calvin Government
02-23-2010, 02:11 PM
"The Rocksteady team is very much looking forward to creating more great games based on widely recognized Warner Bros. brands like Batman," said Rocksteady game director Sefton Hill. As well as prized animated and cinematic properties, Warner Bros. owns DC Comics--home to Batman, Superman and Aquaman, among others.

I'm disproportionately amused that they decided to name Aquaman there, over, uh, anyone else. I have nothing against the character, but at this point, he's more well-known in the public eye as a laughingstock than a hero. Meanwhile, Wonder Woman is coming up on #600, Flash is relaunching and we're in the middle of a Green Lantern event with a movie on the way.

Still, hopefully that means Aquaman: Atlantis will be coming out for the 360 in a couple years.

SUPERECWFAN1
02-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I would love to see a Batman : Gotham City game... all the rogues loose at some point. Batman hunting them down in missions in the city. You can also have him stop small time robberies and all if need be. Have him level up by kicking ass at times. Robin , Nightwing , Catwoman and Oracle can show up as well !

I hope they do it.

K-DoG7p7
02-23-2010, 02:25 PM
I would love to see a Batman : Gotham City game... all the rogues loose at some point. Batman hunting them down in missions in the city. You can also have him stop small time robberies and all if need be. Have him level up by kicking ass at times. Robin , Nightwing , Catwoman and Oracle can show up as well !

I hope they do it.

Well the Sequel takes place out in the City, if you didn't know