PDA

View Full Version : Mutant League 2010 Game E: SunfireX vs. Prodigy55

mattbib
02-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Greetings, fight fans! Welcome to the first elimination match of Week 3!

Week 3: Soldier Field (http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showpost.php?p=10437378&postcount=213)

SunfireX's HELLFIRE
Emma Frost (2), Empath, Justice, Sunfire, Shinobi Shaw, Mister X

vs.

Prodigy55's MIGHTY AVENGERS
Banshee, Firestar, Risque, Decibel, Glob Herman, Mutant Zero, Husk

Both participants have submitted strategies:

Please do not post or vote until both strategies have been posted and read.

mattbib
02-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Opening

After a defeat in Sydney, Emma Frost and her new Hellfire Club are not in a good mood. So you can imagine their dismay to find themselves teleported to a common American Football field. Empath has been offended that American’s call this sport football for years so he is going to be even more of a bastard in using his powers this time. Since the other team is 360 feet away it is going to take some time before anything other than mental or sound attacks will be able to take effect.

Empath: Psionically takes command of all the players on the field and makes the team closet to the Mighty Avenger’s enraged and demands that the two Heroes Decibel and Husk need to be attacked and tackled. At the same point he makes the team closet to the Hellfire Club into burly protectors who will intercept any non-flying assaults and at the very least will distract and slow down the other team in their movement towards them.

Emma Frost: Psi scans the other team and links up the rest of her club with tactics revealing things like their power levels and relationships with one another. Emma has been a teacher to or co-headmaster with Banshee, Firestar, Decibel, Husk, and Glob Herman so she knows their attacks and mental weakness very well. She decides that Sean can do the most collateral damage and links into his mind and forces him to relive his failure as a father, his X-Corps debacle, and the death of Moira MacTaggert. Sean is now comatose on the floor crying and is out for the match.

Sunfire: Assuming that the Hellfire Club lost the last match due to his absence, Shiro is ready to show Emma just how powerful he is. He flies into the air with incredible speed and via Emma’s Psi link he targets Glob Herman and launches a barrage of targeted nuclear flame at him forcing most of his bio-paraffin to evaporate and leaving him critically injured.

Justice: “Angela…” he mutters as Emma links the profiles of their assailants with his mind. He knows he has to take out Angela quickly and as painlessly as possible as he still holds a soft spot for his ex-fiancée. He quickly telekinetically picks up Firestar and flings her into Risque to keep Gloria off balance for the first round of the match. He then focuses on cutting of the oxygen from Firestar’s brain until she passes out. He places her safely into the stands so she won’t be harmed during the rest of the match.

Mister X: Mister X is thrilled to find that Mutant Zero is on the other team as he has heard of her fighting prowess and ability. He psi-links with her and rushes towards her to engage her in combat.

Shinobi Shaw: Shinobi turns intangible and serves as a guard for Emma, Empath, and Justice in case any of the above attacks fail. He will try to incite a heart attack to anyone who gets close to any of these three.

End of Opening

K.O.ed: Banshee, Firestar, Glob Herman
Engaged: Husk, Decibel, Mutant Zero, and Risque

Closing:

Empath: Manuel is so excited to start a lover’s quarrel on the field. He engages both Husk and Decibel’s minds using their feelings for one another to turn them into rage. All Manuel can hear from across the field is a British accent screaming “You had sex in the air in front of your mother! You slut!”

Emma Frost and Mister X: Emma focuses on Mutant Zero’s mind and forces her to revert to her “Mary” personality with no powers. Mister X takes this moment to stab Mary through the chest. Emma is a bit shocked with his brutality and even more shocked at how angry Mister X is that Emma assisted him in the attack.

Justice: Telekinetically picks up a football helmet and slams it into Risque’s head. It’s a blunt but effective tool as she passes out.

Shinobi Shaw and Sunfire: Shinobi continues to serve as a guard for any ground assaults and Sunfire will patrol the air for any unexpected attacks.
K.O.ed: Banshee, Firestar, Glob Herman, Mutant Zero, Risque
Fighting with each other: Husk and Decibel

After the Battle: Paige and Jono are now in some sort of rage crazed sex fit with one another and all Empath can say is “I stopped using my powers on them a while ago. This is all them now”. Emma is happy with how the battle went but was a little disappointed in Vance for how soft he was on Angela. “You were always too good for her Vance, trust me I know Angela quite well”. Vance is still sulking about having to fight the love of his life “Let Auntie Emma cheer you up. I’ve suddenly got urge to buy everyone some Hot Buttered Rum”.

-Fin-

mattbib
02-01-2010, 08:22 AM
They teleport into Soldier field, and before the fighting starts, Decibel will pick up and gently toss the players into the tunnels that lead to the locker room.

Firestar shoots a lot of fire at the opponent team, forcing Emma into diamond mode. She won't be able to use her telepathy this way. Firestar will keep the fire around her.

Decibel will go after Justice, who's powers are similar but Justice's telekinesis is not as powerful as Decibel's hard sound, so he is quickly knocked out.

Mutant Zero will fight Mister X. Mister X's powers rely on low-level telepathy to read the opponents moves before he makes them. Mutant Zero also has telepathy so she will be able to block him out. She also has telekinesis, pyrokinesis and guns so she'll be able to beat him one on one.

Risque will compress the ground underneath and around Empath causing him to lose balance and fall in the hole. He won't be able to make eye-contact with anyone this way and she'll throw some of the debris on top of him, knocking him out.

Banshee will go after Shinobi Shaw. Who can make himself super dense or intangible, but he can't phase through sound. Banshee will direct a knockout scream at him and he'll be taken down.

Husk will switch to rock form and attack Sunfire. And since he's an asshole, he won't care that Firestar is attacking Emma. He'll never run from a fight, so he wont think about anyone other than Husk. She'll keep him occupied until Banshee has taken out Shinobi Shaw, and he'll finish the job with another knockout pulse. And Husk will turn to Emma.

Husk will husk into vibranium, which disrupts Emma's diamond form and turns her human again. Everytime Husk touches her, she loses a bit more of her diamond protection and gets burned some more. But Emma still won't switch entirely because the fire is practically everywhere. Eventually, she'll get burned so bad that she passes out.

Yay!

SunfireX
02-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Nice Strategy Prodigy!

The big issues issues I'm having is the speed issue. The teams are hundreds of feet from one another and my opening attacks are mental in nature. How does your team know who to attack without something like a Psi Scan that Emma does?

Also...No Glob Herman? I wanted to see what he would do :)

Valeria Kementari
02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Justice: “Angela…” he mutters as Emma links the profiles of their assailants with his mind. He knows he has to take out Angela quickly and as painlessly as possible as he still holds a soft spot for his ex-fiancée. He quickly telekinetically picks up Firestar and flings her into Risque to keep Gloria off balance for the first round of the match. He then focuses on cutting of the oxygen from Firestar’s brain until she passes out. He places her safely into the stands so she won’t be harmed during the rest of the match.

Firestar's name is Angelica, not Angela...

SunfireX
02-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Firestar's name is Angelica, not Angela...

Haha you are right. That's what I get from going off memory. New Warriors was my favorite comic growing up too.

Valeria Kementari
02-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I never erad New Warriors, I kinda loved Justice & Firestar when they were Avengers, back in vol 3, when Busiek and Perez were on the book... how I miss thsoe Avengers :(

SunfireX
02-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I never erad New Warriors, I kinda loved Justice & Firestar when they were Avengers, back in vol 3, when Busiek and Perez were on the book... how I miss thsoe Avengers :(

I always thought they were a really awesome couple so I figured I had to acknowledge their past in the strategy.

Justin K.
02-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I’ve suddenly got urge to buy everyone some Hot Buttered Rum”.

This definitely won my vote.

Mitsaso
02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Way to go, guys!

Sunfire X got my vote. When you have Emma Frost and you're up against Firestar, ALWAYS use Butter Rum the pony! I certainly did so last year, she was key to my strategy :tongue:

SunfireX
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Way to go, guys!

Sunfire X got my vote. When you have Emma Frost and you're up against Firestar, ALWAYS use Butter Rum the pony! I certainly did so last year, she was key to my strategy :tongue:

Haha I gave a nod to Butter Rum as my last line. I flip flopped between using Justice or Emma against her but I thought Banshee was the bigger threat.

Prodigy55
02-01-2010, 03:40 PM
lol! good job sunfireX! my strategy is turrible!

The Fury
02-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Decibel will go after Justice, who's powers are similar but Justice's telekinesis is not as powerful as Decibel's hard sound, so he is quickly knocked out.
Oh, if only.

SunfireX
02-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh, if only.

I was wondering about that statement too but I didn't want to be a hater.

worstblogever
02-02-2010, 02:45 AM
I went with Sunfire X for two reasons- One, Glob Herman didn't do enough to help Prodigy's crew, and two... Butter Rum respect, yo.

Never forget.

Charlotte DeBlr
02-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Vote for Sunfire X. Emma already knows the mind of Banshee like the palm of her own hand (been there countless number of times during Gen X) and the majority of Prodigy55 team is composed of her former students.
Empath's crowd control move is also great, as it probably forces Firestar into OOC...anyways, I see Vance KOing her without much trouble.

That, and Butter Rum move rocks:)

mattbib
02-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Congratulations to SunfireX who advances to Game I where he'll do battle with the winner of Game F next Monday. Good luck.

Prodigy55, great job, but unfortunately this is your second loss which means you're eliminated. We'll see you in a future League, I'm sure.

SunfireX
02-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Congratulations to SunfireX who advances to Game I where he'll do battle with the winner of Game F next Monday. Good luck.

Prodigy55, great job, but unfortunately this is your second loss which means you're eliminated. We'll see you in a future League, I'm sure.

Great job Prodigy! Thanks for the votes everyone.