PDA

View Full Version : Would Hugh Laurie make a good Magneto?

durty dee
09-26-2009, 05:02 PM
http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/38/5/hugh_laurie.0.0.0x0.403x600.jpeg

Personamanx
09-26-2009, 05:04 PM
There's an existing thread for this kind of thing.

But to Answer your question. Maybe. If he Could Play both Stuart Little's Father, and House it would not be a stretch for him to play something like Magneto.

limerick
09-26-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm assuming you're from the U.S. and see something in his 'House' persona that you identify as suitable for Magneto......But this side of the Atlantic he's played some pretty goofy comedy roles that would really make him a poor choice as Magneto for me.....I wouldn't be able to get the picture of him as a upper class twit from 'Jeeves & Wooster' out of my head.(I'll try and post a picture from that series)

Azure
09-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Are you calling Hugh Laurie a mad old terrorist twat!?

durty dee
09-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm assuming you're from the U.S. and see something in his 'House' persona that you identify as suitable for Magneto......But this side of the Atlantic he's played some pretty goofy comedy roles that would really make him a poor choice as Magneto for me.....I wouldn't be able to get the picture of him as a upper class twit from 'Jeeves & Wooster' out of my head.(I'll try and post a picture from that series)

A lot of people thought the same thing of RDJ and Iron Man. He didn't really have the look or the resume to play an intelligent, iron welding, playboy, capitalistic industrialist superhero. But he did have the talent.

Personamanx
09-26-2009, 05:29 PM
I could see him in the role. I'd prefer Ian Mckellen, but if they have Hugh in the Magneto Film I won't be complaining.

Talisman
09-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Are you calling Hugh Laurie a mad old terrorist twat!?

Doesn't everyone?

Puunk
09-26-2009, 05:50 PM
For some reason, I thought the thread title said "Would High Laurie make a good Magneto?" and I wondered why an outofhermind-Wallflower would ... w/e

Filthy Mutie
09-26-2009, 06:03 PM
If they did an X-Men broadway play, yes.

Omega Alpha
09-26-2009, 07:49 PM
PEOPLE DON'T CHANGE!

Yeah, I could see Mags saying that.

passer-by
09-26-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm assuming you're from the U.S. and see something in his 'House' persona that you identify as suitable for Magneto......But this side of the Atlantic he's played some pretty goofy comedy roles that would really make him a poor choice as Magneto for me.....I wouldn't be able to get the picture of him as a upper class twit from 'Jeeves & Wooster' out of my head.(I'll try and post a picture from that series)I've seen a few episodes and Wodehouse's books are among my favourites. Hugh Laurie and Steven Fry are the best possible cast for the show btw.

And let's not forget him and Fry in A Bit Of Fry And Laurie.

I enjoy him as Gregory House too. Actually I think that this is one of the best possible combinations actor/character - like Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones and Jim Parsons as Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory.

Which means that for me Hugh Laurie is versatile and talented enough to play roles I wouldn't think of at first. So yes, why not Magneto?

The Black Guardian
09-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Not Magneto.

Hugh Laurie would make a good Pete Wisdom though.

Omega Alpha
09-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Not Magneto.

Hugh Laurie would make a good Pete Wisdom though.

20 years ago maybe.

witness
09-27-2009, 03:24 AM

I agree, speaking from a Brit point of view he would be wrong on so many levels.

witness
09-27-2009, 03:26 AM
If they did an X-Men broadway play, yes.

In the theatre it might work but I suspect that ol' thespian Ian Mckellan would have something to say about it

worstblogever
09-27-2009, 03:28 AM
I like when he pops pills on House. So seeing him do Kick and act balls-out crazy would be outstanding.

steve2275
09-27-2009, 04:02 AM
talk about the house of m

ResIpsaLoquitur
09-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Hugh Laurie is Stephen Strange.

Seriously, go back and read Ditko/Lee's origin story for Strange. That issue totally has Hugh Laurie all over it.

Cayman
09-27-2009, 07:07 AM
I think he'd be a better Riddler.

darknessatnoon
09-27-2009, 08:08 AM
http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Celebrities/G_L/La_Ld/Larry_David/1/larry-david9.jpg

Hi-Fi
09-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Does that mean Olivia Wilde would play Unuscione?

limerick
09-27-2009, 08:17 AM
http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Celebrities/G_L/La_Ld/Larry_David/1/larry-david9.jpg
If only......that is dream casting..(cheryl looks hotter than normal there....)

Jeff-X
09-27-2009, 12:43 PM
I'd like to see Christoph Waltz from Inglouroius Basterds playing Magneto.

http://chud.com/articles/content_images/24/christoph_waltz.jpg

I'm sure he'd do it. He's already playing the villain in the Green Hornet movie.

The Black Guardian
09-27-2009, 01:23 PM
20 years ago maybe.
Yeah... but most characters should be a lot older than they seem, imo.