PDA

View Full Version : How would you end Wonder Woman?

greatmetropolitan
09-13-2009, 09:36 AM
OK, no one wants Wonder Woman to end, but let's say that you were given writing duties on the last every Wonder Woman story.

How does it go?

4PointOh
09-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Easy. She wins. The world is transformed by her example, thereby eliminating a need for her role as Wonder Woman.

greatmetropolitan
09-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Easy. She wins. The world is transformed by her example, thereby eliminating a need for her role as Wonder Woman.

Does she also eliminate the need for every other superhero?

Also, what does Diana do in that world that doesnt need her anymore?

Leto
09-13-2009, 12:58 PM
That's President Wonder Woman.

West Mantooth
09-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Wonder Woman is buried on the island. The Amazons are able to intergrate into society now that gender relations have evolved beyond the old patriachial dynamic. War/Conflict has not ended but how the world deals with their problems have evolved past simply "mutual destruction."

Wondy's daughter sends the island off into another dimension.

fin5
09-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Easy i kill her that bam no more Wonder Woman and the world is a better place to live:eek: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Fake Shemp
09-13-2009, 01:23 PM

That brings up an interesting point. What would happen if Diana did eventually bring peace to Man's World? I mean, helping people is pretty much all she knows, and since she's immortal, it's not like she can just grow old and die happy while surrounded by fat grandkids. That would make a really good Elseworld Wondy story, IMO.

Also, I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I thought that the end of Greg Rucka's run was a perfect way to end the character. It wasn't all happy, sunshiney fun; in fact, things were pretty much as bad as they could get for poor Diana; but it still left you feeling optimistic.

mgs
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
niice! :wink:

That's President Wonder Woman.
nix that, Global Emperess Diana! :smile:

Boonciaver
07-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Diana marries Steve Trevor & lives happily ever after :).

jack-be-nimble
07-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Diana marries Steve Trevor & lives happily ever after :).

Wasn't that the ending for Wonder Woman-Earth 2 at the end of Crisis (1)?

:biggrin:

zryson
07-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh god. I have no idea. But let me see.... it would have to be something befitting a Princess. Something positive and something about how her legacy is assured and her returning to Paradise Island and living happily ever after. I wouldnt want anything but the best for Diana. :smile:

Shatagni
07-15-2010, 03:51 AM
I don't exactly want to see a big finale but I do want to see something akin to Marvel's "The end" series or "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow?".

I don't see Diana succeeding in her mission (Evil never dies and all that) but I do see in the far future where the Amazons and their culture get integrated in our society and Wonder Woman becomes akin to a Modern-Day Greek Legend. There are Marble statues about her, paintings about her, poem and plays written about her and yes even a Temple of hers.

And of course our typical plot of someone wanting to know what exactly was Wonder Woman's final adventure which will remain vague and perhaps it's be a story of her own daughter taking up the mantel. At least that's how I would do it.

CarolStrick
07-15-2010, 05:24 AM
The way I'm doing it in my novels (my heroine is a WW variant), she has things rolling very well on Earth (and a couple other worlds) and has a solid organization in place with great people running it, so she and her immortal family take off to do the same with other worlds, expanding out into the galaxy. They can check back if things on Earth run into the occasional roadblock.

jason_w
07-15-2010, 05:55 AM
I see WW just retiring from superheroics.

Maybe getting married, having a couple of kids, and havng her own daytime talkshow and media empire.

She would be more influential than Oprah could ever hope to be. :biggrin:

LightningRider
07-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Easy. The world is at peace as it decides Earth is not livable anymore, and moves to Saturn. Amazons have moved to another Dimension.

She decides to stay as Protector of the Earth on Themyscira, and is there Alone, but at peace.

Electric Version
07-15-2010, 07:21 AM
She achieves peace on Earth then relocates to Apokolips to finally marry Darkseid. Just like in the Super Powers cartoons. Awww.

bulldog_milt
07-15-2010, 07:23 AM
There is a huge battle between the gods, Ares and Diana fight-it-out. She wins the battle, but allows Ares to live. Knowing that the other gods are leaving the universe/dimension and that he will be a prisoner for eternity he asks her to kill him, to have mercy on him. He explains that this was her time… that she had beat War… that they were part of one another, and she owed him the decency to take his life. She simply walks away as he impales himself.

We jump 100+ years later and Diana is reading to children, in what appears to be an ancient temple. She stands and places the scroll/book back on the shelf as the children run off. A man walks up to his appearance hidden in shadow...

Man: Diana... We need your help...

Diana closes her eyes looking down...

Diana: I gave up on being a hero years ago... I'm happy...

The man places his hand on her shoulder, revealing himself. It is Superman…

Kal-El: Diana... “I” need your help... you've inspired thousands upon thousands of people… You have brought peace to areas of the world that thought they would never see it… You will always be a hero… and “I” need your help…

A splash page of Diana in the Middle East, of her standing with hundreds of awe-struck onlookers, of her fighting the good fight…

Diana turns to Kal-El, straightening her chin.

Diana: For you Kal-El… Anything… What could “Superman” possibly need from me…

Kal-El: The earth is in danger…

Diana: Isn’t it always…

Kal-El: Darkseid is back…
Diana: Then tonight I fight the new God of War… And tonight we will bring true peace to the universe…

MadJohnFinn
07-15-2010, 07:49 AM
I wrote a bunch of Haiku a while back about a possible end to Diana's Story:

The Sky Fades to black.
Trumpets of War sound aloud.
Diana Prepares.

Sad yes, but resolved,
She knows what she has to do.
Once more, she prepares.

Strapping on her sword,
She remembers with sadness,
The hearts it has stilled.

Too late for regrets;
It's time now to stand and fight,
Or all Hope is lost!

"Pegasus, Sweet Steed!
Bear me now to Ares' camp,
That I may end this!"

Bright and terrible,
Mail shining in blood-red light,
She takes to the skies.

Vaulting battlements,
tearing past all defences;
She is a Fury!

And now she stands tall,
In sight of her Enemy.
"It ends here, Ares."

"Then die, little girl!"
His sword rips through brittle air.
She parries, barely!

Titanic Battle!
The God-felling blows rain down!
Will Diana live?

Diana is down!
Laughing, over-confident
Ares stands above!

But his guard is down,
and her sword lances upwards;
cleaves his heart in two!

Bloodied, defiant,
Diana struggles to stand,
leaning on her sword.

"Let this be The End.
I did what I had to do.
The Warrior's Way."

Her mission ended,
She rides into History.
Hero, forever.

Seant
07-15-2010, 08:10 AM
I liked the way the first series ended. It would have been nice if Diana and Steve could have been spirited away to Olympus like her Earth Two sister instead of being devolved and having her entire history erased, but whatever--

I don't think Diana's mission will ever be finished, so there needs to be a passing of the torch. Her children-- perhaps a son and a daughter-- demonstrate they're up to their mom's mission. She would end the series as she started it-- thwarting Ares. There would be an indication she wasn't retiring, but she was hopeful for the future. She would be older, of course.

Perhaps part of the story, or the solution to Ares' threat, would have to do with Paradise Island finally being restored to the outside world. The Amazons would give up their immortality and reintegrate with society, their story coming full circle.

And she'd be married to Steve.

the new sensation
07-15-2010, 02:24 PM
This is a stupid thread for once... I dont EVER want WW to end!!!!!!!!

joshmc
07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Hypothetically, I've always felt that if you're going to do a definitive end that in order for good to win it has to come at a cost, which would mean Diana defeating whatever threat it is but having something tragic happen in the process.

aegisbearer
07-15-2010, 03:38 PM
This is a stupid thread for once... I dont EVER want WW to end!!!!!!!!

It's okay... it's just a "what if".. :)

Teal_Lantern
07-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Easy. The world is at peace as it decides Earth is not livable anymore, and moves to Saturn. Amazons have moved to another Dimension.

She decides to stay as Protector of the Earth on Themyscira, and is there Alone, but at peace.

I really doubt that they would move to a giant gas planet.

I wouldn't have her bringing peace to everywhere, that's too simple for my tastes. But I would have her succeed in her mission so to speak. It's impossible to end all fighting and war, but t change the way people live, etc can be done.

I'd also have some kinda war of the Gods thing going on. A kind of Ragnarok maybe.