PDA

View Full Version : Sandra Bullock's Wonder Woman movie

scandalsavage
09-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Saw on MTV's the Splash today that Sandra Bullock has finally shut the door on playing Wonder Woman. (http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/09/08/sandra-bullock-is-no-wonder-woman-despite-urge-to-prove-lynda-carter-wrong/)

I don't hate Sandra Bullock, but, um, NO. Oh and the script looked awful.

If you're interested here's an overview. (http://movies.ign.com/articles/305/305522p1.html) It's pretty bad so be prepared.

BnL
09-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Thank GOD!

Oh wait, this is a Wonder Woman forum...

Thank HERA!

There, that's better.

Free-Man
09-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I think we really dodged the bullet on that one. And the rumor was still alive?

DBrewer75
09-08-2009, 05:02 PM
that would have been AWFUL

Donna M.
09-08-2009, 05:11 PM
If someone ever wants to create a textbook definition of non-news, they would have to use this story in their definition.

shanejayell
09-08-2009, 05:18 PM
WOW that's bad. Not even using Diana? :frown:

WhiteRose
09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I dunno, I like Sandra Bullock. She would've looked good in the bracelets.

But that might be my irrational love of her talking.

*prepares to get stoned to death*

WhiteRose
09-08-2009, 07:54 PM
And then I read the overview proper, and man. Glad that wasn't ever made. Ever.

WorstThingUS
09-08-2009, 11:11 PM
I'd love to say this was unusually stupid, but if you've ever read the JJ Abrams Superman script online, you'd know that it wasn't. Or the idea that had Bruce Wayne being raised in a junkyard by Alfred, the mechanic. Everyone in Hollywood thinks they're above the source material, be it Shakespeare or Stan Lee.

Spiffy
09-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Did anyone SERIOUSLY think a 45 year old woman was going to play Wonder Woman?

Wait. What am I talking about? It's a regular occurance here for the 39 year old Jennifer Connelly and the 40 year old Catherine Zeta-Jones to be tossed out as the "perfect" candidates... so what's the problem with a woman 5 or 6 years older than THEM? (and actually the third person I notice people STILL constantly insisting could be Wonder Woman, oddly enough, is the 45 year old Courteney Cox...)

Good grief. Who's the next casting suggestion? Joan Collins? :eek: :tongue:

Free-Man
09-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Did anyone SERIOUSLY think a 45 year old woman was going to play Wonder Woman?

Wait. What am I talking about? It's a regular occurance here for the 39 year old Jennifer Connelly and the 40 year old Catherine Zeta-Jones to be tossed out as the "perfect" candidates... so what's the problem with a woman 5 or 6 years older than THEM? (and actually the third person I notice people STILL constantly insisting could be Wonder Woman, oddly enough, is the 45 year old Courteney Cox...)

Good grief. Who's the next casting suggestion? Joan Collins? :eek: :tongue:

Heh, and almost everytime I say that, I'm told it's sexist.:tongue:

Major Comma
09-09-2009, 12:42 PM
She wasnt 45 when she was first approached .
To her credit , She didnt do it and the idea was AWFUL!
She could have just taken the money and run.

Free-Man
09-09-2009, 02:20 PM
She wasnt 45 when she was first approached .
To her credit , She didnt do it and the idea was AWFUL!
She could have just taken the money and run.

I actually didn't HATE the whole idea of them doing it with Donna inheriting the mantle, but the execution of the script seemed awful. And was this the script Sandyw as attatched to? It seems like casting a 30-something as Donna would defeat the purpose of making a Donna movie in the first place.

Red Mask
09-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Das Weiner Bros. don't know DiC.

Mark_S
09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
By the time a Wonder Woman movie is made Sandra Bullock's granddaughter will probably be up for the role. The problem with a Wonder Woman movie is much like the problem that Peter David faced when he took over writing She-Hulk. There are fans who wanted a savage She-Hulk, a wry satirical She-Hulk and even more variations. You can't satisfy them all and with a Wonder Woman movie it will be the same problem. You are never going to satisfy a fan base that wants a Xena-style Wonder Woman, a Lynda Carter style Wonder Woman... it's just never going to be done.

Mark_S