PDA

View Full Version : For Gail: Dragon*Con Report

Jae Namkyoung
09-07-2009, 03:28 PM
You'll have to forgive me a moment, I'm a little sad that Dragon*Con is over. Also for YABSters, this will also be posted in our main hangout down in the You'll All Be Sorry section.

So Dragon*Con 2009, Big Science Fiction Tracks! Oh, where are my manners? What is Dragon*Con? Well, it's hard to explain, so, http://www.dragoncon.org, that, will give you all the information that you will ever need on Dragon*Con.

So we had some pretty awesome guests, from Patrick Stewart, William Shatner all the way down to Amanda Conner, Darwyn Cook and Sherrilyn Kenyon.

With over 400 plus guests, and 30 plus fandom tracks, Star Trek, Stargate, Whedonverse, and Comics, just for starters, and yes there were tons of Doctor Who panels and Torchwood.

I had the pleasure of making some of these panels, you have to keep in mind, over 30 thousand con-goers attended, that's a lot of people in downtown Atlanta, GA spread out across four main hotels: Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Sheraton, Hilton and Hyatt.

The first big panel, William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy. Yes, the lines were wrapped around several hotels (apparently this has become normal at Dragon*Con, and I was a Con-Virgin before this).

I got to see this panel live, along with several others, that I will name later on when I've had time to recover.

The con itself was from the 4th of Sept through the 7th, and it was amazing, and at Dragon*Con costumes are amazing, even if someone is running around in nothing but duct tape for under wear. . . Yes, I am serious, but as they say, its Dragon*Con. I even got to hit up the MMORPG Track, yes MMORPG. Massive Multiplayer Online Role Play Game, I stayed in for Sony Online Entertainment's Agency and . . . DCU Online, yeah like I was missing the latter of the two panels.

I had the pleasure of meeting Amanda Conner, today and Darwyn Cook yesterday. Both are very awesome, very sweet, and down to earth. I suspect other Con-goers will put up their experience this past weekend in this thread as well, feel free to Q & A us, but remember what happens at con stays at con. =]