PDA

View Full Version : The 600 for WW #600

americanwonder
09-06-2009, 04:03 PM
DiDio remarked that Gail Simone is telling epic stories in “Wonder Woman,” and mentioned that DC is looking at renumbering the upcoming “Wonder Woman” #45, scheduled for next June, to #600.

“It would give her the same level of attention [in 2010] as Superman and Batman,” said DiDio. Both “Superman” and “Batman” will reach #700 in 2010. “My concern was, I wanted to keep ‘Wonder Woman’ as accessible as possible and as young as possible. That’s one of the reasons I didn’t want people to be overwhelmed by the numbering. But if we feel the numbering is important to the fans, then we’ll make that adjustment.”

He said he needs 600 postcards for a 600th issue and right now he has 55.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22745

OK fellow Wonder-Fans, Diana and the gang will reach a historic milestone next year, one no other comic female can claim: the big #600. And we want to celebrate! :biggrin:

Unfortunately, the Anit-moniter seems to have eaten a large chunk of her history homework and it's wonderful accomplishments, and then Supermanchild punched away another large chunk. :mad:

However, YOU can help Wonder Woman recover it. So, shine your bracelets and straighten those tiaras, then spin around and create a magic postcard of truth. With 600 magic postcards, the Evil(ish) Editor of the East will be forced to recall the true history and restore Wonder Woman her rightful place. WW #600 can be ours!

She's a wonder, she's the best, but she can't do it alone. So, grab a pen, tell a friend, and send in your postcards today:

Dan DiDio
DC Comics
1700 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

olympichero62
09-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I'll send one on tuesday!:wink:

And I'll have my brother send one too just for the heck of it. Numbering is important to me.

CarolStrick
09-06-2009, 04:40 PM
If you want an artistic way to arrange your message, do it as shown at
http://www.carolastrickland.com/comics/wwcentral/index.html

shanejayell
09-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Can someone get his email? *lol*

hippie_hunter
09-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Is Dan actually serious about considering renumbering Wonder Woman to 600? Because if he is, I will totally participate.

americanwonder
09-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Olympichero62 - Thank you (and your brother) for your efforts in this worthy cause. :smile:

Hippie_hunter - Well, obviously, I can't speak for Mr. DiDio, but I do plan on holding him to it. This was the first time I've seen him talk about WW #600 and sound like he was actually considering it.

Also, of note to all, I read somewhere (never was good at remembering sources) that they've been taping the post cards to Mr. DiDio's office door. So, break out your best pen and practice your best pen(wo)manship and nail your #600 theses to his door that all might hear the 600 valiant amazons and their magic postcards of truth.

Now, how do we convince Ms. Simone to join our ranks? Hmm...

ScottyQuick
09-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Mail it, guys!

supermandy77
09-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Also, of note to all, I read somewhere (never was good at remembering sources) that they've been taping the post cards to Mr. DiDio's office door. So, break out your best pen and practice your best pen(wo)manship and nail your #600 theses to his door that all might hear the 600 valiant amazons and their magic postcards of truth.

Now, how do we convince Ms. Simone to join our ranks? Hmm...

Well, Ian Sattler (Senior Story Editor at DC) mentioned at Chicago Comic-Con that Dan had a bunch of postcards lobbying for the renumbering of Wonder Woman taped to his door. And at the time, he only had 15, so a few people certainly have started sending them in since that time.

Personally, I could go either way since I only recently started reading comics. I do like what they're doing with Adventure Comics though, which is offering a variant cover with the original numbering continued. That way, readers get the best of both worlds.

Mart
09-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Nice to see you here, Mandy*. Variants aren't the answer, though, as by their nature they're tough to find, and more expensive when you do see them. Diana deserves big numbers, no equivocation.

* Mandy has a fun column, Life in the Gutter, at the home of the Raging Bullets podcast: http://www.ragingbullets.com/ or, more directly, http://www.ragingbullets.com/columns.htm

RealWonderman
09-07-2009, 08:50 AM
I sent my first about a month or so ago...and I'll just keep sending them! But really? Only 55? I demand a recount!!!!

supermandy77
09-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Nice to see you here, Mandy*. Variants aren't the answer, though, as by their nature they're tough to find, and more expensive when you do see them. Diana deserves big numbers, no equivocation.

* Mandy has a fun column, Life in the Gutter, at the home of the Raging Bullets podcast: http://www.ragingbullets.com/ or, more directly, http://www.ragingbullets.com/columns.htm

Thanks for the plug, Mart. I always feel weird doing self-promotion.

I totally agree that Diana deserves the big numbers. I'm sure there are all kinds of meetings and discussions that go in to making these kinds of decisions. I know I wouldn't want to be the person deciding whether or not to change the numbering, simply because the editors can't please everyone. If they change the numbers, people will be upset. If they don't, people will be upset.

americanwonder
09-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Well, Ian Sattler (Senior Story Editor at DC) mentioned at Chicago Comic-Con that Dan had a bunch of postcards lobbying for the renumbering of Wonder Woman taped to his door. And at the time, he only had 15, so a few people certainly have started sending them in since that time.

Ah, yes, that's were I read it. Thanks, Super Mandy. :smile:

Personally, I could go either way since I only recently started reading comics. I do like what they're doing with Adventure Comics though, which is offering a variant cover with the original numbering continued. That way, readers get the best of both worlds.

Well, if I'm being totally honest here, I'm kind of torn, too. I can see why DiDio and others would prefer the current numbering. However, imo, #600 is a big milestone and should, at the very least, be acknowledged and celebrated with something special (eg, a double-sized issue with a big "600" or something). No other female lead from DC or Marvel even comes close.

So, join the party, bring family and friends*, and let's make #600 happen.

(* yes, my own family and friends gave me some strange looks as I tried to explain it - but were still happy to help. A simple "Let's celebrate #600 for Wonder Woman" isn't too much to ask, I say.)

Kyle Sing
09-07-2009, 08:54 PM
If they can offer variants of ADVENTURE COMICS #1 with issue #501 they most certainly can offer a variant of WONDER WOMAN #600.

Peace,

Kyle

bc33
09-08-2009, 03:43 PM
i sent 2 postcards last thursday or friday, my friend let me put his name on it. i still have 2 left, which i intend to send. btw, can we get some links for the postcards?

here is a couple i found.
http://forgotpassword.deviantart.com/art/Wonder-Woman-600-Postcard-127868398

http://forgotpassword.deviantart.com/art/Anything-But-Boring-WW-136046478

what i did was printed them off and turned them over to get it on both sides. (you guys may have already known that, but i didn't at first so i thought i would say.)

Nevermore999
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I'll send one as soon as I can! I have some free time Thursday...maybe then!

Alex Smith
09-08-2009, 04:31 PM
I've never quite understood the reasoning beyond renumbering stories. Marvel seems to be doing it a lot right now. Any reason you lot are interested in WW getting renumbered? Maybe there is a legit reason I'm not thinking of.

ScottyQuick
09-08-2009, 06:27 PM
I've never quite understood the reasoning beyond renumbering stories. Marvel seems to be doing it a lot right now. Any reason you lot are interested in WW getting renumbered? Maybe there is a legit reason I'm not thinking of.

Because she's Wonder Woman. When you look on the stands and see an issue of her comic, it should be massive and epic like her.

Flâneur
09-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I actually hate that the Pre-Crisis issues are included in the numbering of books like Detective. It confuses me when I go for back issues of the book and end up with something wonky. So I don't feel too keen on the 600.

BnL
09-08-2009, 07:09 PM
I actually hate that the Pre-Crisis issues are included in the numbering of books like Detective. It confuses me when I go for back issues of the book and end up with something wonky. So I don't feel too keen on the 600.

Really? I would think the re-numbering would make it more confusing, since there are now three different "Wonder Woman #27"'s in existence.

Flâneur
09-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Really? I would think the re-numbering would make it more confusing, since there are now three different "Wonder Woman #27"'s in existence.

Not really, the huge numbering implies that it's continuous so if you randomly pick things up because the cover looks cool (I did this for the New Mutants back issues when I was a kid) or because (like so many do) you want to start from the beginning, then it makes a mess of things. So you have to actually look up stuff, which can be annoying, I know that I don't really know which issue of Detective or Titans was Pre-Crisis or Post-Crisis at some points as wikipedia doesn't tell me so I have to guess by the year. Messy.

It was so much easier with Wonder Woman, just go from the second volume and you're sweet. The third volume does make it annoying, but still, the second volume puts a clean point on where to start so it's not so bad. Plus, when you pick up the #27 of Vol. 1 and the #27 of Vol. 3, it's really easy to tell which one fits.

empty_handed
09-10-2009, 12:16 AM
http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/news/?cat=5877

Bump...

seriously this thread should be a sticky :)

everyone PLEASE, participate in the campaign :)

AndyMangels
09-10-2009, 03:43 AM
Here's the DC Nation ad in the back of this week's comics.
I'd say it's "put up or shut up" time...

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4756/dcnation09102009.jpg