PDA

View Full Version : Who will give Daken first beatdown?

spiderwire
06-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Since daddy is reluctant to give him a real spanking somebody else will. I'm not talking about superhero slap boxing. A real left for dead laying in a puddle of your own liquids Alabama beatdown. In the Marvel U Daredevil or Bucky would be happy to give him what he wants but when (not if) Osborn have GG flashback he might not want to be around. Wolverine villains Gorgon or Mister X will get a chance. A run in with the Marauders could be his last. Daken vs Gambit is a classic in the making. X-23 won't hold back but I think Cyclops is the man for the job after the sword thing.

Majinoaw
06-29-2009, 10:43 AM
I thought it was Spider-Man. He got the upper hand on those phermones and knocked Daken out...

Dagger
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM
As long as he learns something from it, and makes him an actual bad ass, then I'm all for it. But I loves me some Daken.

darknessatnoon
06-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Ms. Sinister already beat him into the ground.

DarienA
06-29-2009, 12:14 PM
I thought it was Spider-Man. He got the upper hand on those phermones and knocked Daken out...

That wasn't really the type of beatdown the OP is talking about though.

chickrockguitar
06-29-2009, 12:21 PM
X-23 will beat him up nice and good. :biggrin:

Blaise
06-29-2009, 12:28 PM
I was kind of hoping that during the crossover, Daken would try to get stroppy with Namor and immediately get punted straight across San Francisco. Which would be glorious, but I think it'll probably be Wolverine after he stops holding back one day, and wins. Maybe losing to a few other people before that, some of the interviews sounded like he'll be finding himself outclassed over summer.

Dave13
06-29-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm confused haven't like a handfull of people already done just that?

CMBMOOL
06-29-2009, 12:41 PM
X-23 will beat him up nice and good. :biggrin:

Agreed. :tongue:

worstblogever
06-29-2009, 12:45 PM

Ms. Sinister already beat him into the ground.

Correct on both counts, but I must also point out that the Winter Soldier, pre-becoming Cap, put a bullet in his head so well, it made him forget who he was for awhile.

That was his first "non-win" in a fight, getting sniped.

Grapeweasel
06-29-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm guessing the rapidly declining sales numbers...

Demondaze
06-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm more curious as to whether his name is pronounced like "Taken" or "D'Ken"

infernohara
06-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Daken won't get beat unless he has use of the beatdown. If it will get him somewhere, then he'll allow it.

Winter soldier got a cheap shot on Daken. That was totally unwolverine like. I doubt it'll happen again.:evilsmile:

Miss Sinister only beat him off not up....she doesn't count. Not to mention he gutted her anyway.

Poor X-23 fans....If only ya'll knew................

Monty_Cristo
06-29-2009, 01:34 PM

"Daw-ken" ..............

and, yeah, i can almost guarantee that it will be X-23; not that i'm looking forward to that. Northstar could probably give him a workout as well.

Demondaze
06-29-2009, 01:36 PM
"Daw-ken" ..............

That's LAME.

I'd much prefer if it sounded like the mad ex-Shi'Ar emperor rather than 6/7s of a famous atheist's name.

Monty_Cristo
06-29-2009, 01:37 PM
That's LAME.

I'd much prefer if it sounded like the mad ex-Shi'Ar emperor rather than 6/7s of a famous atheist's name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dokken

Demondaze
06-29-2009, 01:41 PM
I still favour D'Ken....

Azure
06-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Shortpack.

SayOcean
06-29-2009, 01:48 PM
It should probably be Xforce....him vs domino would be good as a lucky shot makes her win

Filthy Mutie
06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dokken

I was just going to say...

Mississippienne
06-29-2009, 04:07 PM
In Japanese, the 'a' is pronounced close to the 'ah' in 'father'. So his name would be pronounced 'Dah-ken', with even stress on both syllables (Japanese doesn't stress one syllable over the other, so it's not DAH-ken or d'-KEN).

Shaid O Gray
06-29-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm getting a little tired of X-23 beating everyone. In that sense, she's the new Wolverine already: so invincible it's getting a little boring.

I would love for Gambit to take Daken down. It could actually be very interesting as both guys are very sneaky thinkers and probably immune to each other's 'charm' powers. (If Gambit's 'charm' is even considered a power these days. It keeps changing so who can keep track. it shouldn't be a power, but sometimes a writer writes it so anyways)

Namor bouncing Daken through a building would be funny too, but kinda short.

I'll admit Daken is slowly growing on me but still needs to be fleshed out way more. I do like how they show him to be dangerous in terms of how he plans and thinks rather than just the claws/justlikehisdad-stuff. (Romulus however, still smells like the biggest mistake Marvel has made in years)

Quinnhop
06-29-2009, 04:44 PM
"Daw-ken" ..............

and, yeah, i can almost guarantee that it will be X-23; not that i'm looking forward to that. Northstar could probably give him a workout as well.

Nah, it's pronounced more like "Dah-ken". The name is Japanese and is actually a slur, translating to "mongrel" or "cur".

You'd think Daniel Way would research a name before he gave it to a character. As is, though, it's pretty effing racist. Cur? Really. That's his name?

Terrible.

Mississippienne
06-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Nah, it's pronounced more like "Dah-ken". The name is Japanese and is actually a slur, translating to "mongrel" or "cur".

You'd think Daniel Way would research a name before he gave it to a character. As is, though, it's pretty effing racist. Cur? Really. That's his name?

Terrible.

Wow, you have never read Wolverine: Origins, have you? Or even looked at Daken's wikipedia entry?

His given name is NOT Daken. The name his adoptive parents gave him is Akihiro, which is a perfectly respectable name. Other people called him 'daken' as a child because of his obvious mixed heritage (remember he grew up shortly after WW2, after the Americans had dropped two atomic bombs on Japan. Everyone probably assumed his father was a white soldier who impregnated a young Japanese girl who abandoned him at birth). No Japanese person would ever name their child 'mongrel'.

Quinnhop
06-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Wow, you have never read Wolverine: Origins, have you? Or even looked at Daken's wikipedia entry?

His given name is NOT Daken. The name his adoptive parents gave him is Akihiro, which is a perfectly respectable name. Other people called him 'daken' as a child because of his obvious mixed heritage (remember he grew up shortly after WW2, after the Americans had dropped two atomic bombs on Japan. Everyone probably assumed his father was a white soldier who impregnated a young Japanese girl who abandoned him at birth). No Japanese person would ever name their child 'mongrel'.

No, I hadn't actually. Never cared enough for the character or Way's writing to do so. But that makes a lot more sense.

Thanks for letting me know.

Monty_Cristo
06-29-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm getting a little tired of X-23 beating everyone. In that sense, she's the new Wolverine already: so invincible it's getting a little boring.

I would love for Gambit to take Daken down. It could actually be very interesting as both guys are very sneaky thinkers and probably immune to each other's 'charm' powers. (If Gambit's 'charm' is even considered a power these days. It keeps changing so who can keep track. it shouldn't be a power, but sometimes a writer writes it so anyways)

Namor bouncing Daken through a building would be funny too, but kinda short.

I'll admit Daken is slowly growing on me but still needs to be fleshed out way more. I do like how they show him to be dangerous in terms of how he plans and thinks rather than just the claws/justlikehisdad-stuff. (Romulus however, still smells like the biggest mistake Marvel has made in years)

yeah, Romulus blows; big time. as awful as it'd be i'd almost be for the big reveal that "Romulus" is just Victor Creed in disguise; playing one more mindf*ck w/ Logan. he's the kind of guy i could imagine ripping a child out of a womb. he would have a motive for twisting Logan's kid. plus it's just less messy to have Sabretooth and Wolverine be related, since they've already done it in the movie.

anyways, i would love to see a fight between Daken and Gambit.

CrimsonComedian
06-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Deadpool hopefully

Perfection/Emma 2
06-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Rogue, but it's most likely Emma. I can see it now...

Emma behind Daken's back, chocking him with her right hand and punching him on top of his head with her left in Diamond Form

Emma: Look here furball as long as I give the writers hard ons, I'll be a unstoppable killing machine and that hair of yours makes you look low class and lost in the 70's

Daken: This is some BS, this bitch got me bleeding and broke five of my teeth am I suppose to be stronger than her...oh yeah Fraction is doing to me what he did to Lady Mastermind

Emma: Traitor, I hope you learned something for this beating that you will most likely receive in our next fight for no other reason than the writers love me

P.S. Still not over Regan losing to Emma:evilangry:

spiderwire
06-29-2009, 08:23 PM
yeah, Romulus blows; big time. as awful as it'd be i'd almost be for the big reveal that "Romulus" is just Victor Creed in disguise; playing one more mindf*ck w/ Logan. he's the kind of guy i could imagine ripping a child out of a womb. he would have a motive for twisting Logan's kid. plus it's just less messy to have Sabretooth and Wolverine be related, since they've already done it in the movie.

If people can put up with Apocalypse, Selene,Exodus and Sinister another 1000 year old mutant is more the merrier. The thing with Romulus is where has he been? Several of Logan's associate claims they know him but it seems like the forgot to tell him he came by. I agree Creed was killed of for far less of a reason than what he has done in the past. For almost 3 years origins has been setting the stage for this guy. He better deliver.

Shaid O Gray
06-29-2009, 08:36 PM

Yeah I think Sabretooth being the older sibling would be perfect. I never knew why Marvel didn't go that way. The similarities between them both phyisical and in terms of personality are enormous, and they already have this brotherly feud thing going. When they wrote the Dog character into Origin, it seemed perfect! The bitterness of Sabes being the 'lowly born', how he'll always see Logan as the little twerp, because that's how they started out..... And then they don't actually go there, and Dog winds up being just a pointless Sabretooth rip-off!

Romulus being Sabretooth could work although it seems a little elaborate for Creed's style. Or do you mean Sabes would actually be thousands of years old then?

Yeah since they have some things in common. But Daken is so full of himself, and I love Gambit as 'the guy they don't see coming', because they underestimate him. (Like how he took down Bishop in X-Treme)

And Remy could use a victory by now I'd say. All he gets to do lately is beat up some henchmen here and there, then get rescued when some real stuff happens.

CrimsonComedian
06-29-2009, 09:14 PM
What about Sabretooth? Now that would be something!

ChaZ X
06-30-2009, 12:23 AM
I personally would love to see an X-23 vs Daken Fight! While he probably wouldn't act worried I could see her as one of the few other characters he might see as a real threat. Unless his powers can simulate her "trigger scent" on someone else then things could get really interesting... Also she's kind of this straight forward killing machine while he's more of a manipulator. I like her better but seeing the stats, especially with his anti healing factor claws, he very well could win, though I imagine like Elixir gettin to her before she dies and then in the rematch she like pulls those claws out with pliers, like was done to her...hmm

pariah-1972
06-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Squirrel Girl.

Zomling
06-30-2009, 02:29 AM

When did this happen?

Bolebeau
06-30-2009, 02:31 AM
Spider-Woman needs to give Daken a taste of his own pheremone medicine, then kick his ass.

Zomling
06-30-2009, 02:34 AM
Yeah I think Sabretooth being the older sibling would be perfect. I never knew why Marvel didn't go that way. The similarities between them both phyisical and in terms of personality are enormous, and they already have this brotherly feud thing going. When they wrote the Dog character into Origin, it seemed perfect! The bitterness of Sabes being the 'lowly born', how he'll always see Logan as the little twerp, because that's how they started out..... And then they don't actually go there, and Dog winds up being just a pointless Sabretooth rip-off!

Romulus being Sabretooth could work although it seems a little elaborate for Creed's style. Or do you mean Sabes would actually be thousands of years old then?

Agreed, but I don't think Creed is thousands of years old, maybe it's a hoax.

I don't like the idea of Gambit bein the one to take him down, but that's just a bias on my part.

Personally Daken is one of my favourite new Marvel characters and as long as he wins more than he loses and keeps an ongoing title I will read it.

Zomling
06-30-2009, 02:37 AM
What about Sabretooth? Now that would be something!

Sadly, unless he does turn out to be Romulus, he will need to regrow his head first.

Shame, it would be a good fight.

Waterlily
06-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Sadly, unless he does turn out to be Romulus, he will need to regrow his head first.

Shame, it would be a good fight.

All the wolves that ate Sabretooth's remains would either have to a)vomit him up or b) be mutated by his healing factor and combine together

I would like to see a Sabretooth vs Daken fight. Before that, I want to see Miss Sinister give Daken his first major beatdown.

wolvie616
06-30-2009, 09:11 AM

actaully, i believe its pronounced dAken (a sounds like short o)

pariah-1972
06-30-2009, 11:46 AM
When did this happen?Like two Spider-man issues ago .

CPN73
06-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Romulus could very well be John Howlett III , think about it , Romulus and Remus were brothers in Ancient Roman mythos.

Blaise
06-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Daken's probably going to lose badly against the Punisher (http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8570.Making_the_List~colon~_Rick_Reme nder). I hope Frank manages to outdo running Wolverine over with a steam roller.

Bamf25
06-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Joe Q, when he decides the character needs to be put in limbo after DR.