PDA

View Full Version : Uh...did you want fries with that?

TomStillwell
06-19-2009, 05:03 AM
DENVER (CBS4) ―

A Denver police officer has been suspended after allegedly brandishing his gun at a McDonald's restaurant in Aurora after his order took too long to fill.

http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/denver.police.suspension.2.1049330.html

scout1279
06-19-2009, 06:44 AM
DENVER (CBS4) ―

A Denver police officer has been suspended after allegedly brandishing his gun at a McDonald's restaurant in Aurora after his order took too long to fill.

http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/denver.police.suspension.2.1049330.html

We've all been there. I know I get a might bit testy when I don't get my McRib promptly. Who knows what I would do if I happened to have a gun on me?

Infra-Man
06-19-2009, 06:47 AM
Fuck. If he was waiting at the Shake Shack, there would be 5 dead and 28 injured.

Romero
06-19-2009, 06:55 AM
They should have just called 911 like everyone else.

Solaris
06-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Good Gods, what *is* it with some of the cops these days? First the guy in TX with the dying mother-in-law, then the guy in OK pulling over the ambulance mid-run, and now this.

Sheesh.

I know a lot of it is just that it's easier, nowadays, to hear about the bad eggs in the bunch... what I want to know is, are PD's and State Trooper administrations looking at this stuff and implementing it into their training as a "what NOT to do"???

I would hope so.

Flying Saucers Over Oz
06-20-2009, 02:43 PM
"Respect Mah Authoritah!!!"

Nate Grey
06-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Good Gods, what *is* it with some of the cops these days? First the guy in TX with the dying mother-in-law, then the guy in OK pulling over the ambulance mid-run, and now this.

I hadn't heard about the mother in law one.

But yeah, sounds like these officers are letting the pressure of their job get to them (or frustration over not getting paid what they think they should, or both) and finding these "outlets" for their frustration.

Sarah Beach
06-20-2009, 10:11 PM
I hadn't heard about the mother in law one.

I believe the driver was in fact a Dallas Cowboys football player -- but he wisely did not try to pull the celebrity card when the cop turned heavy.

The details were that he and his wife were on their way to the hospital after being informed that her mother WAS DYING (literally!). They had been at an intersection, he had his hazard lights on, they were like a block or so from the emergency entrance to the hospital. The other cars at the intersection actually waved him through -- but the cop saw the guy just as going through a stop sign. He turned on his flashers. The driver continued to the emergency entrance of the hospital (rather than pulling over immediately) -- apparently that further pissed the officer off.

The wife tried to head into the hospital immediately, while the husband was going to talk with the cop. The cop started to prevent her -- and staff AND security guards from the hospital came out to try and tell the cop that really, truly, her mother was DYING.

She was allowed to go. Her husband was detained (and mind you, he was apparently very fond of his mother-in-law). The cop would NOT allow him to go, in spite of what the staff were saying. The driver was not even trying to evade any ticket -- he was trying to say "just let me go in now, before she dies! Give me the ticket after!" The cop wasn't hearing any of that, and continued to detain the driver.

So... the driver missed his mother-in-law's last moments.

Samurai
06-21-2009, 12:01 AM
First thing that came to my mind: Officer Farva from Super Troopers, and the incident at the fast food restaurant...

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/farva.jpg

"Does this look like spit to you?"

Cam63
06-21-2009, 12:28 AM
"Respect Mah Authoritah!!!"

That's my take on it too.

...Have a nice day, Officer Nojob.

Lester C.
06-21-2009, 08:47 AM
To be fair to the cops I'm not reading anything that proves they did this.

Michael P
06-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Fuck. If he was waiting at the Shake Shack, there would be 5 dead and 28 injured.

And that's just when they told him how much it cost.

Nate Grey
06-21-2009, 11:02 AM
I believe the driver was in fact a Dallas Cowboys football player -- but he wisely did not try to pull the celebrity card when the cop turned heavy.

The details were that he and his wife were on their way to the hospital after being informed that her mother WAS DYING (literally!). They had been at an intersection, he had his hazard lights on, they were like a block or so from the emergency entrance to the hospital. The other cars at the intersection actually waved him through -- but the cop saw the guy just as going through a stop sign. He turned on his flashers. The driver continued to the emergency entrance of the hospital (rather than pulling over immediately) -- apparently that further pissed the officer off.

The wife tried to head into the hospital immediately, while the husband was going to talk with the cop. The cop started to prevent her -- and staff AND security guards from the hospital came out to try and tell the cop that really, truly, her mother was DYING.

She was allowed to go. Her husband was detained (and mind you, he was apparently very fond of his mother-in-law). The cop would NOT allow him to go, in spite of what the staff were saying. The driver was not even trying to evade any ticket -- he was trying to say "just let me go in now, before she dies! Give me the ticket after!" The cop wasn't hearing any of that, and continued to detain the driver.

So... the driver missed his mother-in-law's last moments.

Oh, okay, apparently I have heard of that case. Its been a few months so it didn't ring any bells right away. :redface:

In the face of extenuating circumstances, it kinda bothers me cops will "do their job" to the letter without any deviation. A cop who doesn't think or change with the situation is, well, downright scary. This is a prime example of that. Everyone and their mama (even the hospital staff!) was telling the cop the situation. I hope he got in trouble for that in some way.

Alan2099
06-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Oh, okay, apparently I have heard of that case. Its been a few months so it didn't ring any bells right away. :redface:

In the face of extenuating circumstances, it kinda bothers me cops will "do their job" to the letter without any deviation. A cop who doesn't think or change with the situation is, well, downright scary. This is a prime example of that. Everyone and their mama (even the hospital staff!) was telling the cop the situation. I hope he got in trouble for that in some way.

You just hope he got trouble in some way? hell, as far as I'm concerned they could drag the go out in the street and beat for three days and brun down his house and it still wouldn't be enough.