PDA

View Full Version : Desolation Jones

Mister Jerusalem
03-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Anyone know what ever happened to that book? Did it just go the way of Planetary?

Stony
03-31-2009, 10:06 PM
I think it went more the way of Jack Cross...

FunkyGreenJerusalem
03-31-2009, 10:29 PM
But Desolation Jones was one of the better books he's written in years!

Mister Jerusalem
04-01-2009, 06:59 AM
I think it went more the way of Jack Cross...

Sorry I don't get the reference..what happened to Jack Cross?

FanboyStranger
04-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Sorry I don't get the reference..what happened to Jack Cross?

The story I've read-- and this may not be accurate-- was that Ellis was upset with the way DC handled Jack Cross (turning it into one mini rather than a series of minis?), and decided to pull out of further Desolation Jones, which is why the second arc with the Daniel Zezjel art remanins unfinished.

Chad Nevett
04-01-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm going from memory and may not be 100% right, but: the book was put on hold temporarily to shift from bi-mothly to monthly and during that time, Ellis's computer died and he lost a lot of work and scripts, including some for Desolation Jones. Since then, he hasn't managed to rewrite everything he's lost.

Stony
04-01-2009, 06:05 PM
The story I've read-- and this may not be accurate-- was that Ellis was upset with the way DC handled Jack Cross (turning it into one mini rather than a series of minis?), and decided to pull out of further Desolation Jones, which is why the second arc with the Daniel Zezjel art remanins unfinished.

I was actually thinking more get one storyarc out and then go into limbo, but I hadn't heard it was over disputes.

FunkyGreenJerusalem
04-01-2009, 06:06 PM
No Jones, no fell.... what exactly is he writing all day?

Expletive Deleted
04-01-2009, 07:18 PM
No Jones, no fell.... what exactly is he writing all day?Mostly twitter posts, apparently.

Comics-wise, though, he's writing Doktor Sleepless, Freakangels, Ignition City, Astonishing X-Men, Anna Mercury, Gravel, No Hero . . . I'm probably forgetting some.

FunkyGreenJerusalem
04-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Doing his best to avoid the interesting books then?

earl
04-01-2009, 08:59 PM
It is kind of sad this book ended up in the dead letter office. The second arc was really set up well and I would have loved to see how the whole PK Dick angle would have played out. Jones was such a damaged character and the setting was interesting.

Ryan Day
04-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Doing his best to avoid the interesting books then?

Freakangels and Doctor Sleepless are quite good. (Sleepless started off a bit slow, admittedly)

citizentim
04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I thought they were bulking up on this so that it could go monthly...

Bummer if it's true that Ellis lost scripts...man, vol.2 was looking like it was going to be amazing.

Mister Jerusalem
04-07-2009, 07:45 AM
I thought they were bulking up on this so that it could go monthly...

Bummer if it's true that Ellis lost scripts...man, vol.2 was looking like it was going to be amazing.

Yeah, I was really digging the second arc and was quite interested in where it was going. The whole setting he had going was rather neat too.

Seraku
04-07-2009, 08:07 AM
does AXM really even count with the schedule it's on?

chrisgiff
04-16-2009, 09:10 AM
does anyone read Astonishing X-men and if so, how is it?

I gave up after a couple issues becuase I am not a big fan of Bianchi's art, but I am missing reading Ellis' stuff regularly...