PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Luthor's hand?

BruceLeeroy
02-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Can someone explain the story behind Lex Luthor's "robot" hand? When did he get it and is he still suppose to have it? Thanks in advance.

The Batman
02-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Does he have one again?

He used to have one, back in the very late 1980s or early 1990s (well before the Death of Superman at any rate) because the Kryptonite ring (Kryptonite Bling?) he wore caused cancerous tumours to develop. It cost him his hand, it was replaced by a robotic one, and eventually, his first body which was replaced by a younger cloned body. He used that one to convice Metroplis that he was actually his own son, Lex Luthor II, and to have all the sex with Supergirl.

At least I think that's how it went down. It's been awhile.

eggie
02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Does he have one again?

He used to have one, back in the very late 1980s or early 1990s (well before the Death of Superman at any rate) because the Kryptonite ring (Kryptonite Bling?) he wore caused cancerous tumours to develop. It cost him his hand, it was replaced by a robotic one, and eventually, his first body which was replaced by a younger cloned body. He used that one to convice Metroplis that he was actually his own son, Lex Luthor II, and to have all the sex with Supergirl.

Sound right to me...that's pretty much how I remember it too.

Raptor
02-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Does he have one again?

Totally worth it imo.

Though, it kinda makes me sick.

I mean, I know it's not heroic and that Superman or Supergirl would never kill him.... Yet, Superman did take Darkseid tot he End of the Universe for messing with Supergirl. I'd be kinda shocked if the punishment for not-quite-rape wouldn't get Luthor dead or the "Darkseid Treatment", espeically from Supergirl.

marshal99
02-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Considering that "supergirl" is a protoplasma lifeform who had previously been wearing the form of superman , that's some kinky sex that Luthor is having while dreaming of superman. :wink: :eek:

Sean Whitmore
02-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Considering that "supergirl" is a protoplasma lifeform who had previously been wearing the form of superman , that's some kinky sex that Luthor is having while dreaming of superman. :wink: :eek:

Between that and all the sex he probably had with Parasite-disguised-as-Lois, Lex could start his own website.

SEAN

Raptor
02-01-2009, 09:50 PM
So not the same Supergirl from Krypton ...Kara is it?

I'll be honest, I'm a Superman fan, but...I only read trades that catch my eye. I liked the one that seems to be titled "Superman Batman Supergirl".

I didn;t know about the parasite thing at all. That's really creepy.:eek:

I know it's thread derailment, and I feel bad, but any other intersting bits of information you can bestow?

I need to get back into comics better than I have been.

celticguy
02-02-2009, 07:37 AM
I don't think he has the fake hand anymore either Steel has one for some reason but I think luthor is too white to be a cyborg.

WorstThingUS
02-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Totally worth it imo.

Though, it kinda makes me sick.

I mean, I know it's not heroic and that Superman or Supergirl would never kill him.... Yet, Superman did take Darkseid tot he End of the Universe for messing with Supergirl. I'd be kinda shocked if the punishment for not-quite-rape wouldn't get Luthor dead or the "Darkseid Treatment", espeically from Supergirl.

Lying to and deceiving a naive young person to have sex with them is not rape. It if were, millions of men and women are raping someone every day. And that Supergirl has been wiped from continuity, no? So it never happened.

Zero Hunter
02-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Didn't Luthor sell his soul to Neron to get his health back after his cloned body started failing on him? I seem to remember that happening in the Underworld Unleashed mini series.

The Batman
02-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Yup, and he passed off everything he did (which included a pretty thorough attempt at destroying Metropolis) on one of his other clone bodies.

celticguy
02-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Lying to and deceiving a naive young person to have sex with them is not rape. It if were, millions of men and women are raping someone every day. And that Supergirl has been wiped from continuity, no? So it never happened.

was she even a person? wasn't see some kind of blob that turned changed her shape into Supergirl? Also I am not sure she is out of continuity unless that is a result of the infinite crisis and i missed it.

Mat001
02-02-2009, 10:43 AM
So not the same Supergirl from Krypton ...Kara is it?

When Superman's origin was changed in 1986, one major change was that he was the only Kryptonian survivor. In 1987 and 1988, Superman visited a pocket universe created by the Time Trapper who was planning to use it against the Legion. Superman would revisit this world again to stop General Zod, Faora and Quex-Ul who had been freed by that world's Lex Luthor, by accident. In this world, Lex didn't become a villain. He also created an artificial being made out of protomatter and thus we had a new Supergirl. One who wasn't Kryptonian. She taken by Superman back to his world at the conclusion of that arc. In 1992, Lex was in his new clone body and passing himself off as his son, when he encountered this Supergirl. The two had a relationship based in part of his deception that he was the son of the original Lex and also because he looked like the Lex that she knew on her world. In 1996, she merged with a girl named Linda Danvers and the two became one, with Supergirl gaining a soul. In 2003, Linda retired after going through an ordeal that made it impossible for her to want to continue. The following year, Kara was introduced in the wake of Superman's origin change that occured in Superman #200 and detailed in "Birthright".

I'll be honest, I'm a Superman fan, but...I only read trades that catch my eye. I liked the one that seems to be titled "Superman Batman Supergirl".

I didn;t know about the parasite thing at all. That's really creepy.:eek:

Read "Til Death Do Us Part".

I know it's thread derailment, and I feel bad, but any other intersting bits of information you can bestow?

I need to get back into comics better than I have been.

Nah, don't feel bad. It always helps to ask questions.

And that Supergirl has been wiped from continuity, no? So it never happened.

No, it did. Linda's been appearing in "To Reign In Hell".

was she even a person? wasn't see some kind of blob that turned changed her shape into Supergirl? Also I am not sure she is out of continuity unless that is a result of the infinite crisis and i missed it.

She was a living being, but she did not have a soul until she merged with Linda Danvers.

celticguy
02-02-2009, 11:47 AM
When Superman's origin was changed in 1986, one major change was that he was the only Kryptonian survivor. In 1987 and 1988, Superman visited a pocket universe created by the Time Trapper who was planning to use it against the Legion. Superman would revisit this world again to stop General Zod, Faora and Quex-Ul who had been freed by that world's Lex Luthor, by accident. In this world, Lex didn't become a villain. He also created an artificial being made out of protomatter and thus we had a new Supergirl. One who wasn't Kryptonian. She taken by Superman back to his world at the conclusion of that arc. In 1992, Lex was in his new clone body and passing himself off as his son, when he encountered this Supergirl. The two had a relationship based in part of his deception that he was the son of the original Lex and also because he looked like the Lex that she knew on her world. In 1996, she merged with a girl named Linda Danvers and the two became one, with Supergirl gaining a soul. In 2003, Linda retired after going through an ordeal that made it impossible for her to want to continue. The following year, Kara was introduced in the wake of Superman's origin change that occured in Superman #200 and detailed in "Birthright".

Read "Til Death Do Us Part".

Nah, don't feel bad. It always helps to ask questions.

She was a living being, but she did not have a soul until she merged with Linda Danvers.

so she was not a person like i said.

WorstThingUS
02-02-2009, 12:20 PM

Yeah, but that's not Supergirl per se. According to DiDio, Peter David's run is gone. And considering "Matrix" comes from an Earth created by The Time Trapper to give The Legion a Superboy, because there wasn't one at the time, that's no longer needed per recent retcons where it's E1 Superman who did in fact go have adventures with the Legion. So no Time Trapper earth, no Matrix and no Supergirl.

Super Buddies Forever
02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Considering DiDio changes direction at the same rate other people change their underwear, I wouldn't exactly put any stock in his continuity proclamations. Besides, Matrix's past can be altered without the character being removed from continuity. Hank Henshaw is still around, yet his origin is dependent on the birthing matrix.

The fun thing about Luthor's cloned body is that, technically, he still has it. Neron restored it to full health minus the hair, but it's still the body grown for him back in the early '90s. Though it does make it idiotic that he still exposes himself to Kryptonite, no time more than when he injected it into his veins to fight Superman in a power suit while President.

Mat001
02-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah, but that's not Supergirl per se. According to DiDio, Peter David's run is gone. And considering "Matrix" comes from an Earth created by The Time Trapper to give The Legion a Superboy, because there wasn't one at the time, that's no longer needed per recent retcons where it's E1 Superman who did in fact go have adventures with the Legion. So no Time Trapper earth, no Matrix and no Supergirl.

Somebody better tell Keith Giffen and Geoff Johns that she doesn't exist anymore, because they both say she's still in continuity with the former saying explicitly that it is her and Geoff Johns having the Time Trapper refer to the pocket universe stories. Anyway, DiDio always changes his mind. That is Linda Danvers in "Reign In Hell".