PDA

View Full Version : X-Force #11 (Summary, Spoilers and Some Selene)

Pages : 1 [2]

RickyD410
02-02-2009, 09:31 AM
But if that is Blink, who is standing next to her? Someone in a suit by the looks of things, Wisdom? Isn't he in Captain Britain and MI13?

I dont see a suit. I see a trench coat. That to me, says Wither. And besides, plenty of people wear suits. Not just Wisdom.

Valeria Kementari
02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
I could understand if Blink 616 would be next to Selene, she wasn't truly lost, but Blink 295??? Why??

podmark
02-02-2009, 09:50 AM
I dont see a suit. I see a trench coat. That to me, says Wither. And besides, plenty of people wear suits. Not just Wisdom.

Yeah I've been thinking the same.

worstblogever
02-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I could understand if Blink 616 would be next to Selene, she wasn't truly lost, but Blink 295??? Why??

Maybe this is just a one-panel trick to build hype for the upcoming Exiles relaunch?

BulletSpeed
02-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Awesome issue , a really nice change of pace. Im still wondering what happened to the 3 members of the Choir that ran off during the first arc?

RickyD410
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Maybe this is just a one-panel trick to build hype for the upcoming Exiles relaunch?

Do they do that??

Valeria Kementari
02-02-2009, 11:26 AM

I hope so because the last thing this book needs is to venture into alternate universes too. Oh and Sage would so kick ass in this book

jarrod
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Sage is afraid of Selene, I don't think she'd be of much use.

X-Force needs Rachel Howlett.

Bingo!
02-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Sage is afraid of Selene, I don't think she'd be of much use.

X-Force needs Rachel Howlett.

hahah. Rachel Howlett is saving the universe from Gabby. Rachel is tired of hatred from primadonna men.

Anyhow.

I'd love to see a Selene / Rachel face off. It's long over do, don't you agree, Kyle+Yost?

AcesX1X
02-02-2009, 01:09 PM
I'd love to see a Selene / Rachel face off. It's long over do, don't you agree, Kyle+Yost?

oh, that would be great! actually, that's the only time i want to see rachel ever again. i want her to fry selene's brain or something.

and then, i want her to punch wolverine in the stomach with something sharp and pointy for being a hypocrite to her.

and then...i want her to go away.

darknessatnoon
02-02-2009, 01:11 PM
oh, that would be great! actually, that's the only time i want to see rachel ever again. i want her to fry selene's brain or something.

and then, i want her to punch wolverine in the stomach with something sharp and pointy for being a hypocrite to her.

Wolverine takes enough abuse from his bastard children. The last thing he needs is Rachel showing her face again.

Bingo!
02-02-2009, 01:14 PM

Actually, I think Selene's experience would give her the upper hand against Rachel. Selene has centuries of experience dealing with youthful power.

darknessatnoon
02-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Actually, I think Selene's experience would give her the upper hand against Rachel. Selene has centuries of experience dealing with youthful power.

Yes, but Mother Askani is as decrepit as Selene.

If Selene does bring Stryfe back from the dead, then she's assuming Rachel's role as Stryfe's "mother." That's an act of war.

jarrod
02-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Would X-23 try to fill in as Rachel's mother or father figure?

I think X-23, Flex, Rachel and Daken should all hit a bar some time. They could plan Dad's 150th birthday party and go all in on a suitable present.

Bingo!
02-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Yes, but Mother Askani is as decrepit as Selene.

If Selene does bring Stryfe back from the dead, then she's assuming Rachel's role as Stryfe's "mother." That's an act of war.

I think Rachel's role as Mother Askani never happened. Some confusing mess with Rachel being lost in the timestream before she re-emerged and went to college.

Eli will bring Stryfe back, not Selene.

jarrod
02-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Selene would be Stryfe's grandmother figure then. I bet she'll flourish in the role.

Rachel never became Mother Askani, but for some reason she retained fractured bits of her memories from that period. If Sage helped her sort it out, I'm sure the two would be more than a match for the Black Grandmother.

SayOcean
02-02-2009, 03:56 PM
wasnt there already a selene vs. Sage

on a boat right....i know Madelyne was in the book and she was having bad dreams about the xmen or something

Anna
02-02-2009, 08:09 PM

I think X-23, Flex, Rachel and Daken should all hit a bar some time. They could plan Dad's 150th birthday party and go all in on a suitable present.

Like a death he can't come back from? :biggrin:

Valeria Kementari
02-03-2009, 06:00 AM
wasnt there already a selene vs. Sage

on a boat right....i know Madelyne was in the book and she was having bad dreams about the xmen or something

That's Sage vs Fake MaddiePryor

Bingo!
02-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Selene would be Stryfe's grandmother figure then. I bet she'll flourish in the role.

Rachel never became Mother Askani, but for some reason she retained fractured bits of her memories from that period. If Sage helped her sort it out, I'm sure the two would be more than a match for the Black Grandmother.

Stryfe is a puppet now. All around Selene are her puppets.

Jack Flash
02-04-2009, 05:40 AM

I am contractually obligated to quote any comment with Flex mentioned in it.

Also, How awesome sauce would it be if Vincente was on Selene's team. Chris Yost would have finally heard my pleas.

CDogg79
02-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Loved this issue. I thought it did a great job of setting up for what could be something really great.

Imraith Nimphais
02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the X-threads CDogg79...and especially to the wonderfully depicted world of mayhem, misery (with some blood thrown in for added colour), that is X-Force!

jarrod
02-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I am contractually obligated to quote any comment with Flex mentioned in it.

Also, How awesome sauce would it be if Vincente was on Selene's team. Chris Yost would have finally heard my pleas.
I could endorse Vincente with Selene's Children. He should replace Blink (Bizarf!). Throw in Emplate and the other GenX Hellions and we're set.

Jed, how do you think Ray and Flex would get along? Would they bond over the paternal revelation?

Dusty.
02-04-2009, 06:19 PM
This issue had one of the funniest lines I've ever read in a comic, because it's exactly what I was thinking. After Proudstar's longwinded story got to about page 5, Wolverine interrupts with a "For the love of God, Proudstar, please tell me this is going somewhere." He read my mind! It was a decent setup issue, but I want Crain on art, not a "flashback artist" drawing most of the sequences.

7/10

Bingo!
02-06-2009, 04:06 PM
This issue had one of the funniest lines I've ever read in a comic, because it's exactly what I was thinking. After Proudstar's longwinded story got to about page 5, Wolverine interrupts with a "For the love of God, Proudstar, please tell me this is going somewhere." He read my mind! It was a decent setup issue, but I want Crain on art, not a "flashback artist" drawing most of the sequences.

7/10
Because I love Selene unconditionally, her back story with Eli was a fantastic piece of history. 10/10 With Crain's art: 12/10.

Wow WBE, you are right. Nice spot. There is no way that's coincidence.

http://x2c.xanga.com/299f051663233231341757/w182388068.jpg

From NYCC: The X-Men Panel
Is the Blink in the upcoming "Exiles" the same from previous "Exiles" series? McCann: "Next question."

Discuss.

dacosta
02-18-2009, 05:48 AM
Whilst this new X force arc seems like something from any of these three Anne Rice novels, Pandora, The Vampire Lestat and Bold and Gold, I canít wait to see where Christopher Yost & Craig Kyle take it. I have loved and appreciated their work in X force. Their character development of Warpath and Angel, two characters that have often been relegated to the background is inspiring. Both characters are now more interesting than at any other time that I can remember. Warpath isnít just the stereotypical boring strong man any more but a vicious killer who is also deeply conflicted. Agonizing over the lives he has taken in his quest for revenge for Caliban and now for the desecration of his murdered people but unable to deviate from the war path (no pun intended). Angel is now both Angel/Archangel. A dichotomy that creates internal and external struggle within the character; makes him useful in a fight and pays homage to his biblical name. Special thanks to Yost in particular for his X-Men: Worlds Apart and for bringing Storm home. The real Storm. Intelligent, powerful, strong, creative with her powers and kick ass. Ps Can both of you please work your X-Force magic on The New Warriors if they bring it back and make the book great once more. Sprinkle a bit on Beast, Sunspot and Dani Moonstar and make them exciting and interesting again and bring back the New X-Men or something else with these characters (I canít believe Marvel cancelled it for Young X-Men. What were they smoking?)

FieryCajunforPolaris
02-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Because I love Selene unconditionally, her back story with Eli was a fantastic piece of history. 10/10 With Crain's art: 12/10.

From NYCC: The X-Men Panel
Is the Blink in the upcoming "Exiles" the same from previous "Exiles" series? McCann: "Next question."

Discuss.

We definitely know that is Blink, so I am excited for next issue! X-force 11 was awesome, Eli's story was well told! Anyone else love the purple version of Selene? She was hotter than Psylocke! Its stories like these we need more of, mixing Ancient Rome with Cajun Vampire stories, I am all for it! :cool:

SynthesisNY
02-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Was it ever clarified whether Kyle and Yost opted to instead write X-Force and stop writing New X-Men, or were they offered the opportunity to write both books, and if so, would they have done so?

Craig Kyle
02-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Was it ever clarified whether Kyle and Yost opted to instead write X-Force and stop writing New X-Men, or were they offered the opportunity to write both books, and if so, would they have done so?

Hey Guys,

Just to clear things up. Chris and I knew well in advance that after Messiah Complex the X-Universe was going to go through some massive changes. We loved New X-Men and all the kids (that survived) but understood where the title was headed long before we got there.

We also knew that there were plans for a new and different version of the title moving forward. The Young X-Men book was a different kind of New X-Men title so it made sense for a new creative team to take the reigns.

During the M.C. X-Summit the core X-Force team was created by all of the talented writers and editors in the room. Chris and I immediately saw how @#$%ing awesome this team could be and jumped on it.

So we were planning for the end of our run for a while and then fought like hell to keep our stories alive in X-Force. Thankfully the X-Office let us take Selene, X-23, Elixir and a couple of other characters with us so we could finish telling the stories we stated in New X-Men.

I hope that clears things up.

Talk soon.

Best,

Craig

Imraith Nimphais
02-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Thank you Mr. Kyle for clearing things up.

AN0LE
02-19-2009, 11:09 AM
:biggrin:
Hey Guys,

Just to clear things up. Chris and I knew well in advance that after Messiah Complex the X-Universe was going to go through some massive changes. We loved New X-Men and all the kids (that survived) but understood where the title was headed long before we got there.

We also knew that there were plans for a new and different version of the title moving forward. The Young X-Men book was a different kind of New X-Men title so it made sense for a new creative team to take the reigns.

During the M.C. X-Summit the core X-Force team was created by all of the talented writers and editors in the room. Chris and I immediately saw how @#$%ing awesome this team could be and jumped on it.

So we were planning for the end of our run for a while and then fought like hell to keep our stories alive in X-Force. Thankfully the X-Office let us take Selene, X-23, Elixir and a couple of other characters with us so we could finish telling the stories we stated in New X-Men.

I hope that clears things up.

Talk soon.

Best,

Craig

Craig... in just one issue you did a stellar job of writing Selene. She has been one of my favourite X-villains since I first started reading comics! Great job! I eagerly look forward to the continuation of this story!!