PDA

View Full Version : Van Deadpool?

section 8
01-03-2009, 10:53 AM
What do you think YAB-bots?
So Van Wilder as DP?

personally i think they coulda done worse, but Seann William Scott (Bulletproof Monk, the Rundown) would have been a better choice. Reynolds' style of humor is more cheeky and charming than Scott who has done some pretty random bat-shit crazy shit, which seems more fitting of Wade Wilson. Scott has also proven that he can do action films as well, without losing that humorous touch.
But RR probably wont entirely screw it up.

In other news:
I saw the "Wolverine: Origins" trailer, and didn't see any scars on Reynolds' face during his brief part.:mad:

Lester C.
01-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I understand the actor is excited about the role and has lobbied for years to get it.He definitely looks the part and on paper casting him should be a home run. The problem is that he can't act worth a damn.

Here is another question. How big is his part in Wolverine. I understand why some are thinking spin-off but for all we know he has a big cameo.Like Robert Downey Junior in Hulk.

jhota
01-03-2009, 07:49 PM
i find Deadpool cheeky and charming.

Sally Sensational
01-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Anyone who has seen Blade: Trinity (forgettable as it was) knows that Reynolds has both the muscles and the mouth to pull off Wade. Youtube it sometime.

In fact, he's the only actor I would cast as 'Pool and the only reason I'll see Origins.

scout1279
01-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm not all that up on my Deadpool, but from what I've seen of him and Ryan Reynolds, they're a good fit for eachother. Plus, he seems to be a fan, and really wanted the role. That's usually a good sign.

In other news:
I saw the "Wolverine: Origins" trailer, and didn't see any scars on Reynolds' face during his brief part.:mad:
I'm hoping that's just because it's him before he gets the scars, and that he will get them during the movie. The movie is set during the Weapon X program, so I think that's a safe bet.

section 8
01-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Anyone who has seen Blade: Trinity (forgettable as it was) knows that Reynolds has both the muscles and the mouth to pull off Wade. Youtube it sometime.

In fact, he's the only actor I would cast as 'Pool and the only reason I'll see Origins.

I've seen it, his humor struck me as snarky with more of a 'spiderman' flavor (except for the line about "Garlic Farts")

Not a bad fit, certainly better than Keanu Reeves as John Constantine.
But I still believe Seann William Scott would be better.

Youtube "the Rundown" sometime......and remind me to start a thread about whether or not Dwayne Johnson would make a good Cable.

stealthwise
01-03-2009, 09:40 PM
I've seen it, his humor struck me as snarky with more of a 'spiderman' flavor (except for the line about "Garlic Farts")

Not a bad fit, certainly better than Keanu Reeves as John Constantine.
But I still believe Seann William Scott would be better.

Youtube "the Rundown" sometime......and remind me to start a thread about whether or not Dwayne Johnson would make a good Cable.

I don't know if Sean William Scott would be any better than Reynolds, but I don't like either of them as Deadpool.

Deadpool is hilarious, but really dark inside, and has this gravitas to him that neither actor has really demonstrated in their work. I would vastly prefer, since we shouldn't see his real face anyways, someone like Gary Oldman to go into chameleon mode and go really nuts with the role. He may seem old, but it doesn't matter, makeup does the majority of the facial stuff, and Oldman's proven he can both ham it up and be really crazed as well (The Fifth Element and Hannibal, respectively).

And I don't want to see Cable in any media, ever again, really, but I think that the Rock would be a ballsy choice for Superman. We'd never see it, and I probably lost the respect of a dozen people by saying that, but I think it would be pretty interesting. Or hell, at least Captain Marvel.

section 8
01-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Deadpool is hilarious, but really dark inside, and has this gravitas to him that neither actor has really demonstrated in their work. I would vastly prefer, since we shouldn't see his real face anyways, someone like Gary Oldman to go into chameleon mode and go really nuts with the role. He may seem old, but it doesn't matter, makeup does the majority of the facial stuff, and Oldman's proven he can both ham it up and be really crazed as well (The Fifth Element and Hannibal, respectively).

Good IDEA!!! I had Never thought of that !!!!
Maybe not Oldman himself but someone just as "Chameleon-like"

And I don't want to see Cable in any media, ever again, really, but I think that the Rock would be a ballsy choice for Superman. We'd never see it, and I probably lost the respect of a dozen people by saying that, but I think it would be pretty interesting. Or hell, at least Captain Marvel.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as Conan either (in like a REAL Conan film, none of the shit that Arnold did)

stealthwise
01-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Good IDEA!!! I had Never thought of that !!!!
Maybe not Oldman himself but someone just as "Chameleon-like"

Yeah, it makes no real sense to cast a marketable pretty boy (ok, I'm being a bit harsh on those guys, but that's how Hollywood sees them) as a scarred, morbid mercenary when you could get an actor who could do a much better job. How about Sam Rockwell? He's not as good an actor as Oldman, but I could see him doing a good job.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as Conan either (in like a REAL Conan film, none of the shit that Arnold did)

That first Conan movie was pretty good... for about 15 minutes (or however long it was before Arnold appeared in it).

mailedbypostman1
01-03-2009, 09:54 PM

Personally I thought he wasn't that bad. Funnily enough, though, I never seem to have finished the first one.

I don't know if Sean William Scott would be any better than Reynolds, but I don't like either of them as Deadpool.

I agree. He's got, I dunno. Dark stuff inside. And I never finished Fifth Element either.

section 8
01-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Personally I thought he wasn't that bad. Funnily enough, though, I never seem to have finished the first one.

Arnold was not bad...the films were!!!

the first was watchable...the second, so bad I think it gave me cancer

mailedbypostman1
01-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Arnold was not bad...the films were!!!

the first was watchable...the second, so bad I think it gave me cancer

Oh, that I can agree with. It started out good, but started getting bogged down and...bad. I stopped sometime after they killed the giant snake and the female companion became interested in Arnie for no reason.

section 8
01-03-2009, 10:00 PM
I stopped sometime after they killed the giant snake and the female companion became interested in Arnie for no reason.

Because he had money

stealthwise
01-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Oh, that I can agree with. It started out good, but started getting bogged down and...bad. I stopped sometime after they killed the giant snake and the female companion became interested in Arnie for no reason.

Yeah, that second one is all kinds of terrible.

mailedbypostman1
01-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Because he had money

Knowing this does not improve the movie. I will give credit for the usage of "What is greatest in life: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Tobias March
01-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Yeah, it makes no real sense to cast a marketable pretty boy (ok, I'm being a bit harsh on those guys, but that's how Hollywood sees them) as a scarred, morbid mercenary when you could get an actor who could do a much better job. How about Sam Rockwell? He's not as good an actor as Oldman, but I could see him doing a good job.

That's a great suggestion. But then I love Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

section 8
01-04-2009, 08:24 PM
If Jack Nicholson were not so old he'd be perfect to play DeadPool.

MacQuarrie
01-04-2009, 10:26 PM
The few snippets of stuff I've seen Seann William Scott in, he's been horrible. He's a no-talent unfunny hack actor with no sense of timing and he mistakes mugging for emoting.

I don't think I've seen Ryan Reynolds in anything, but it's a moot point; the film is already cast and in production. Done deal.

Lester C.
01-05-2009, 03:17 AM
The few snippets of stuff I've seen Seann William Scott in, he's been horrible. He's a no-talent unfunny hack actor with no sense of timing and he mistakes mugging for emoting.

I don't think I've seen Ryan Reynolds in anything, but it's a moot point; the film is already cast and in production. Done deal.

It's not a done deal. In the first X-men movie Tyler Mane played Sabertooth. In the new movie the role is played by Liev Schreiber. Just Reynolds has the role in this film doesn't mean that he will have it should there ever be a spin-off film.

section 8
01-05-2009, 11:43 AM

But you gotta admit, he smells nice.

You think he uses Irish Spring?
I think he uses Irish Spring.

Alan Lynch
01-05-2009, 01:23 PM
My gayness for Ryan Reynolds is well-known amongst my circle of friends. I think he's got great comic timing, and as soon as he bulked up for that weak Blade movie he was the only choice to play Deadpool. I just hope I'm not made to look stupid after saying it for years.