PDA

View Full Version : Boston Legal Internet Dating Question.

mr.brighteyes
12-10-2008, 06:38 PM
I am watching the reruns of BL on ION and the episode that just aired is the one where Denny meets a woman that he talked to on line and finds out she is (ahem) "vertically" challenged.

Should she have been required to inform him before hand she was so and is it un-kosher to refer to her as a midget in a crowded room when he is caught by surprise.

section 8
12-10-2008, 06:40 PM
I think both of them could have used a little more tact.

JTPencils
12-10-2008, 07:05 PM
In most "dating" "trolling for dates" scenario's online... no one is ugly, fat, poor, or vertically challenged. So nah, they both pretty much got what they deserved... Denny got a midget date, and she got a guy in the first stages of Alzheimer's for her trouble. Sounds like a wash to me!

I'll miss this show. It was good solid writing (for the most part, no show has perfect seasons every episode). But at least it was intelligent, humorous, and some darn good performances from actors... not just this weeks "hot thing" walking around shirtless because their acting chops are in their abs.

mr.brighteyes
12-10-2008, 07:20 PM
You forgot the mad cow disease

JTPencils
12-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Nope, I included it.

section 8
12-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I'll miss this show. It was good solid writing (for the most part, no show has perfect seasons every episode). But at least it was intelligent, humorous, and some darn good performances from actors... not just this weeks "hot thing" walking around shirtless because their acting chops are in their abs.

It is still on the air y'know

Mermaid
12-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I've never seen it. I'm not sure why...must be on a weird time or something

kingdom2000
12-10-2008, 09:14 PM
It was on the air, last episode of the series aired last night.

As for full disclosure, I think most of them have height questions, most may not require the user to answer them. Also the reality is height is far less important to men then women. If don't believe check out the dating sites that have a woman fill out her basic preferences for her man. Years ago, I surfed them and its amazing how they will leave every field as blank or choose "doesn't matter", but the height one (not required field) was nearly filled out 90+% of the time.

mr.brighteyes
12-10-2008, 09:43 PM
In most "dating" "trolling for dates" scenario's online... no one is ugly, fat, poor, or vertically challenged. So nah, they both pretty much got what they deserved... Denny got a midget date, and she got a guy in the first stages of Alzheimer's for her trouble. Sounds like a wash to me!

there is no mention of mad cow here just the akzheimer's it was determined in the show he had both.

JTPencils
12-10-2008, 10:01 PM
It is still on the air y'know

This weeks episode was the series finale. No more new episodes, kaput. They ended it nicely enough... strange evolution of a plot 'til the end.

So if it's on again, it'll only ever be a repeat. Or as they like to call them nowadays "encore performances".

JTPencils
12-10-2008, 10:04 PM
there is no mention of mad cow here just the akzheimer's it was determined in the show he had both.
Actually... he (Denny) preferred to think of it as mad cow after they took a case with a beef farmer. He played off his illness as "mad cow"... instead of facing up to what it really was. It became a bit of a running joke from that ep onward.

section 8
12-10-2008, 10:32 PM
This weeks episode was the series finale. No more new episodes, kaput. They ended it nicely enough... strange evolution of a plot 'til the end.

So if it's on again, it'll only ever be a repeat. Or as they like to call them nowadays "encore performances".

No shit?

Well lucky me missed a few when I lived without a tv.

mr.brighteyes
12-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Actually... he (Denny) preferred to think of it as mad cow after they took a case with a beef farmer. He played off his illness as "mad cow"... instead of facing up to what it really was. It became a bit of a running joke from that ep onward.

No they actually had an episode where they found out he had both I swear. I'll look it up and post the title.

Spiffy
12-11-2008, 04:41 AM
I think both of them could have used a little more tact.
On a show based on Shatner being over the top and crude? Tact didn't exactly fall into viewer expectations for his character.