PDA

View Full Version : STORM WEEK: The "Storm is VERY Friendly" Thread

Hi-Fi
10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Storm is basically everyone's best friend (except the White Queen). This thread's purpose is to discuss Storm's friendship with the other X-Men and to post scans of your favorite moments.

http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine85.jpg
http://www.susansizemore.com/WolverineConvergence/X-MenTheEndStorm-2.jpg

Mikl C
10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Storm and Gambit's friendship was always lovely.

Hi-Fi
10-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Storm and Gambit's friendship was always lovely.

http://www.just-marvel-x-men.com/image-files/uncanny-x-men-gambit-4-20k.jpg
http://goldendahlia.com/images/OroroRemy001.jpg

Nevets F
10-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Until your poll, I never realize how close she was with so many people. I voted for almost every option, lol.

eurazn
10-27-2008, 12:03 PM
There needs to be an "other" for Dazzler :tongue:

Dagger
10-27-2008, 12:03 PM
i voted for everyone except Cable and Sage. The rest of her friendships, I quite enjoyed.

Yogaflame
10-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Now that Gambit is apparently back to normal as of the recent X-Men Legacy story, I would love for him to visit Wakanda. He and Storm had the most amazing friendship and it would add a nice little tension to bring out the best and worse in T'Challa.

jarrod
10-27-2008, 12:06 PM
There needs to be an "other" for Dazzler :tongue:
Ro totally subbed her after she lost her celeb status. Even Rachel Grey was closer with Storm. :P

I'd like to see Gambit hang out in Wakanda awhile.

Deus ex Chris
10-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Even though I find Gambit and Psylocke conceptually offensive, I voted for all of them. Storm makes everyone better.

Greg Anderson
10-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Bishop. I'm sure she can get into his damn head about wtf he's been up to.

Bingo!
10-27-2008, 12:09 PM
i voted for everyone except Cable and Sage. The rest of her friendships, I quite enjoyed.
L-O-V-E your avatar.

Now that Gambit is apparently back to normal as of the recent X-Men Legends story, I would love for him to visit Wakanda. He and Storm had the most amazing friendship and it would add a nice little tension to bring out the best and worse in T'Challa.

Gambit's saving grace is that he surrounds himself with amazing female mutants. Saving child Ororo gave him huge amounts of love from me.

Swashbuckler
10-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Storm is kind to all the X-Men, but I remember when all the X-Chix called her ugly and made her get a make-over.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4226/161013-130874-storm_super.jpg

eurazn
10-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Ro totally subbed her after she lost her celeb status. Even Rachel Grey was closer with Storm. :P

I'd like to see Gambit hang out in Wakanda awhile.

Rachel Grey was only close to Storm (and Kitty, for that matter) because the latter has an affinity for reptiles.

She wasn't so much a friend as she was a "pet."

lockerogue
10-27-2008, 01:52 PM
I voted for everyone but Cable. Don't judge me.

jarrod
10-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Rachel Grey was only close to Storm (and Kitty, for that matter) because the latter has an affinity for reptiles.

She wasn't so much a friend as she was a "pet."
Rachel and Storm shared "the ultimate intimacy". Sort of like intergalactic movie star Longshot and intergalactic backup singer The Dazzler.

eurazn
10-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Rachel and Storm shared "the ultimate intimacy". Sort of like intergalactic movie star Longshot and intergalactic backup singer The Dazzler.

I think you're confused; Rachel and Longshot shared the "ultimate mullet." The only thing Storm and Dazzler shared with either of them was pity :tongue:

jarrod
10-27-2008, 01:58 PM
I think you're confused; Rachel and Longshot shared the "ultimate mullet." The only thing Storm and Dazzler shared with either of them was pity :tongue:
No, pity was when Wisdom banged Adam. With Longshot, she wanted to carry his unholy child and contemplated suicide when he himboed on her.

Besides, Longshit's mullet was pretty tame compared to Rachel or Warren's. Now there's some kindred hair. :biggrin:

Psycwave
10-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Storm and Bety are great friends.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/Bedlam_2008/183-1.jpg

eurazn
10-27-2008, 02:00 PM
No, pity was when Wisdom banged Adam. With Longshot, she wanted to carry his unholy child and contemplated suicide when he himboed on her.

Besides, Longshit's mullet was pretty tame compared to Rachel or Warren's. Now there's some kindred hair. :biggrin:

NEX Dazzler was a skrull. Anything "she" did is not canon.

jarrod
10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
NEX Dazzler was a skrull. Anything "she" did is not canon.
That could be true. Given The Dazzler's junkie problem and baglady aspirations, it's entirely possible she was just strung out in some back alley trading head for heroin for the past year or so.

I guess she's got "Pixie" now though.

eurazn
10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
That could be true. Given The Dazzler's junkie problem and baglady aspirations, it's entirely possible she was just strung out in some back alley trading head for heroin for the past year or so.

I guess she's got "Pixie" now though.

Like any true star, Dazzler has a wealth of life experience to draw from for her award-winning performances and work.

At least she aspired to having some semblance of her own life instead of prototyping herself after Jean Grey. Mommy did "Phoenix" and "Marvel Girl" better, honey, and with better non-dinosaur hair.

Alphaxman
10-27-2008, 02:28 PM
I always found it a testament to her character that she was friends with so many members while I found that Scott is only close with the other original four and now Emma. I canít remember Scott hanging out with the guys other then Warren and Hank. Even Bobby seemed more like a little brother then a good friend. Logan usually is punching him or making fun of him than sharing a beer and cutting the breeze like he does with Kurt and Peter.

eurazn
10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I always found it a testament to her character that she was friends with so many members while I found that Scott is only close with the other original four and now Emma. I canít remember Scott hanging out with the guys other then Warren and Hank. Even Bobby seemed more like a little brother then a good friend. Logan usually is punching him or making fun of him than sharing a beer and cutting the breeze like he does with Kurt and Peter.

You're right. It also underscores the differences in their leadership styles, which is why comparisons between the two tend to get so ... heated. :biggrin:

Justin K.
10-27-2008, 03:16 PM
I enjoyed Storm and Colossus
I enjoyed how she called him "little brother", and that they were close without being in a relationship, they were almost like brother and sister.
I liked when Storm called Colossus "little brother". Whatever happened to their friendship? :confused::frown:
(will get scans later)

Beni
10-27-2008, 03:21 PM
She needs to revisit her relationship with Kitty :biggrin:

MarvelGirlBoy
10-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Storm + Cyclops plz. He's the only person with whom there's really no mutual attraction. And they still have tension.

I enjoyed how she called him "little brother", and that they were close without being in a relationship, they were almost like brother and sister.
I liked when Storm called Colossus "little brother". Whatever happened to their friendship? :confused::frown:
(will get scans later)

Well, he died.

And she got married on another continent. People grow apart.

eurazn
10-27-2008, 03:30 PM
(will get scans later)

Storm was put off by pervy Colossus's salaciousness and decided to abandon her sisterly duties.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/wairata/adoration.jpg

Quinnhop
10-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Wolverine + Storm: I see Wolverine and Storm as two old buddies that would kind of bond over the changing direction of the X-Men. They're like two of the most seniors members, and probably the second most consistently active next to Cyclops (maybe even more so). Their relationship, either romantically, or platonically, needs to be revisited.

Storm + Colossus: They have a big sister, little brother relationship that hasn't been dealt with in a while. I would like to see it come into play over the next few years, especially with the mutual loss of Kitty. Hell, throw Wolverine into the mix and I would love to see the three of them go on some kind of adventure together.

Storm + Cable: My dream pairing.

jarrod
10-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Like any true star, Dazzler has a wealth of life experience to draw from for her award-winning performances and work.
Right. Changing and feeding X-Babies really makes for compelling songwriting.

I did enjoy how she replaced Ray as the tough dyke with bad hair in fetish gear for Excalibur V2. Reinvention!

At least she aspired to having some semblance of her own life instead of prototyping herself after Jean Grey. Mommy did "Phoenix" and "Marvel Girl" better, honey, and with better non-dinosaur hair.
Ray had it tough, of course she's going to have parent issues. I mean beyond "rebelling" with sparkle and rollerskates because her mean daddy wants her going into law.

And to her great, she managed not to commit mass murder as Phoenix (barely but still).

Psy J
10-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Well, obviously not Rachel. She'd have to be pretty desperate to waste her time with a whiny brat who, despite being one of the most powerful and well-established characters in the X-Verse, remains completely unknown outside of hardcore comic fans.

Canemacar
10-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Wolverine: They have an interesting chemistry. Storm's normally calm and peaceful nature compliment's Logan's aggression and restlessness. And when she does cut loose: she has a wrath that can keep up with the worst of his rages.

Jean Grey: Jean's the friend Storm hangs out with so she will look cooler by comparison. Kinda like the Ugly friend.

Colossus: I don't think they have much of a rapport apart from a vaugue big sister/little brother kind of thing.

Shadowcat: I've always liked how Storm became a surrogate mother for Kitty after she left home. I don't know if this one would work anymore, since Kitty grew up.

Rogue: I've never thought these two were especially close. Rogue seemed to make friends with the younger crowd like Iceman and Longshot.

Gambit: Apart from a handful of stories in the early 90's their friendship is pretty much non-existent. I don't think they've said more than two words to each other in the last 5 years. Don't remember him at her wedding either.

Psylocke: I didn't know she was even a candidate.

Cable: Logan has the same chemisrty, but does it better.

Sage: Not a lot of chemistry in the issues of X-treme I read.

eurazn
10-27-2008, 07:50 PM

Those x-babies were forced upon her by Mulletshot, who turned out to be a deadbeat dad, anyway. "Amnesia," I'm so sure! If Dazzler wanted to do country, she'd have plenty of material with just that!

I did enjoy how she replaced Ray as the tough dyke with bad hair in fetish gear for Excalibur V2. Reinvention!

As you and I just established above, NEX Dazz was a skrull. Rachel has no such excuse as she was willfully a dyke with bad hair in fetish gear.

Ray had it tough, of course she's going to have parent issues. I mean beyond "rebelling" with sparkle and rollerskates because her mean daddy wants her going into law.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w213/jarrodand/rachel/IMG_0012.jpg

Yes, thank you for showing us just how tragic her parent issues are with the post above, lol.

Rachel had it EASY. She had absent parents! And considering who her supposed parents are, that's a blessing! Who would want a planet-eater for a mom and a guy who shagged on his dead wife's grave for a dad? Besides, who is she rebelling against, the professional hairstyling industry? :tongue:

eurazn
10-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I think Storm needs to reunite with her girlfriends (Dazzler, Rogue/Carol Danvers, and Psylocke) from the Aussie days:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/wairata/dazz-shades.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/wairata/dazz-club.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/wairata/storm-club.jpg

FeminineMystique
10-29-2008, 08:30 AM

Even on the threads all about celebrating a characters warm relationships with others, the idiots still show up. Here's a news flash moron. "Dyke" hasn't been an acceptable way to refer to lesbians. Ever. Maybe in the trailer park you grew up in, but not in the real world

Rachel has no such excuse as she was willfully a dyke with bad hair in fetish gear.

Oh yes, god forbid. Seriously, why is it that these boards seem so full of bigotry? This thread, apart from those two posts, has been okay, but comic boards in general seem to be the hiding place of hate mongers.

Okay, having vented: I have to say that to me Storm and Kitty were adorable. Would love to see them together again to see how things have changed between them now that both of them have changed. Kitty has grown up (Physically and emotionally) and Storm has become Queen of Wakanda.

jarrod
10-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Those x-babies were forced upon her by Mulletshot, who turned out to be a deadbeat dad, anyway. "Amnesia," I'm so sure! If Dazzler wanted to do country, she'd have plenty of material with just that!
Explains the chaps.

As you and I just established above, NEX Dazz was a skrull. Rachel has no such excuse as she was willfully a dyke with bad hair in fetish gear.
Hence why she's infinitely cooler than The Dazzler. Rachel is daring, while Dazzler tries appealing to the lowest common denominator and it took a Skrull impersonator to even approach changing that. I mean, she is a failed, middle aged popstar after all...

Yes, thank you for showing us just how tragic her parent issues are with the post above, lol.

Rachel had it EASY. She had absent parents! And considering who her supposed parents are, that's a blessing! Who would want a planet-eater for a mom and a guy who shagged on his dead wife's grave for a dad? Besides, who is she rebelling against, the professional hairstyling industry? :tongue:
LOL. I guess seeing everyone you knew murdered, being a brainwashed slave and a crosstime refugee is a kinder fate than being Adam Blaire.... you've convinced me! :biggrin:

Even on the threads all about celebrating a characters warm relationships with others, the idiots still show up. Here's a news flash moron. "Dyke" hasn't been an acceptable way to refer to lesbians. Ever. Maybe in the trailer park you grew up in, but not in the real world
Precious! The dykes I know would just eat you up, you cutey-wooty!

Greg Anderson
10-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Why's everyone ignoring Storm and Bishop's friendship? Did it get ret-conned and I missed the memo? :confused:

AcesX1X
10-29-2008, 10:13 AM
storm would not even touch bishop to scratch him.

she doesn't take kindly to traitors.

RolandJP
10-29-2008, 07:05 PM

Oh yeah??

http://romantic-intentions.com/images/OroroRemy001.jpg

eurazn
10-29-2008, 10:49 PM

Oh yes, god forbid. Seriously, why is it that these boards seem so full of bigotry? This thread, apart from those two posts, has been okay, but comic boards in general seem to be the hiding place of hate mongers.

UHM?? Maybe we haven't been posting in the same threads, but just so you know, I'm very much gay :biggrin: . Furthermore, the reappropriation of negative terminology is something our community has been doing for years. Actually, as a "news flash" for you, this entire BOARD is disproportionately gay, so the rampant bigotry you're referring to doesn't really have a home here. If we weren't so strongly represented here, rest assured we wouldn't be using terminology others would mistake as malice. If you're new to these boards, then welcome (minus the misunderstanding). However, if you're an older member who just hasn't posted very often, you might want to get to know your audience more before making negative comments about people in trailer parks (which could be considered offensive in itself).

Precious! The dykes I know would just eat you up, you cutey-wooty!

Tactful as always, Jarrod. You're the Phoenix-lite to my Dazzler *squeezes cheeks*

Yogaflame
10-29-2008, 11:26 PM

Forget that, Bishop was just alienated from the inner circle of Emma, Scott, Xavier, Wolvie and Beast and was turned into some villian by hack writers. Anyone notice that he so happened to 'snap' when Storm left for Wakanda? He totally had a crush on her when he first arrived in the present and she was kind of his tutor/RA/welcome-to-the-past-person.

They were also pretty close in X-Treme. I loved his exchage at the start of Arena: "No, your gonna try to do it all yourself, AND ITS GONNA GET YOU KILLED" or something like that.

metalgorgomon
10-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Storm and Bety are great friends.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/Bedlam_2008/183-1.jpg

Betsy and Ro are definitely great friends. I want them in a team already.
I'd love Carey to have Storm, Psylocke and Rogue in a team post Legacy. It'd be like the reunion of the Aussie X-girls...
Oh.. Dazzler can also join them. She's wasted in Uncanny IMO...

eurazn
10-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Betsy and Ro are definitely great friends. I want them in a team already.
I'd love Carey to have Storm, Psylocke and Rogue in a team post Legacy. It'd be like the reunion of the Aussie X-girls...
Oh.. Dazzler can also join them. She's wasted in Uncanny IMO...

Yes, please! I definitely miss the Aussie X-Women dynamic. With Rogue already popping up in Legacy, it'd be wonderful to see Storm, Dazzler, Psylocke and Rogue reunited over there ... as long as it's POST-Legacy.

tetragene
10-30-2008, 05:14 AM
it's not on the poll list but I really, really want a revisit to the Storm & Dazzler friendship. They were good friends in Dazzler's solo series & frequent phone buddies--Storm was the one Dazz first called about her movie blow-up & public downfall and then Storm was the main reason the other X-Men agreed to let Dazzler train with them. Then...Dazz joins the team & it's as if she & Storm were merely aqaintances with only a passing knowledge of one another. Very disappointing!

pariah-1972
10-30-2008, 06:17 AM
Storm has had a lot of great relationships with a lot of X-men so its hard for me to pick one especially when she has been the closest to a universal mother/sister/bff figure for so many people in the X.