PDA

View Full Version : Heroes with the highest body count

The Thunderbird
08-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Which heroic characters in fiction have killed the most people in their own free will? When I mean "in their own free will", I am talking about heroes who killed the most people without being corrupted or mind controlled like Dark Phoenix and Parallax.

The Once And Forever
08-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Punisher would be my first guess.

bushboy
08-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Wolverine? I know it's the most obvious one, after Punisher.

Guy1
08-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Which heroic characters in fiction have killed the most people in their own free will? When I mean "in their own free will", I am talking about heroes who killed the most people without being corrupted or mind controlled like Dark Phoenix and Parallax.

Captain Hero.

Also, if you count them, then the Power Rangers have a long history of killing monsters/aliens/demons/mutants.

FalconX2000
08-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Does Silver Surfer leading Galactus to populated worlds count?

The Once And Forever
08-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Does Silver Surfer leading Galactus to populated worlds count?

He's not really doing it of true free will considering he's:

1) Not entirely right in the head(Big G took his remorse away)

2) Only started doing it to save his planet, not cause he really wanted to.

FalconX2000
08-17-2008, 09:50 AM
He's not really doing it of true free will considering he's:

1) Not entirely right in the head(Big G took his remorse away)

2) Only started doing it to save his planet, not cause he really wanted to.

Depends on how the OP defines free will.

Mr Blinky
08-17-2008, 09:50 AM
The Doctor. Wiped out virtually all of the Daleks and Time Lords during the Time War. Don't know exactly how many people that is (assuming you include Daleks as people), but in the episode Dalek, the Doc reveals that ten million Dalek ships were wiped out...

Laurence
08-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Yup, the Doctor is genocidal on a level Adolf Hitler used to have wetdreams about.

Wjowski
08-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Yup, the Doctor is genocidal on a level Adolf Hitler used to have wetdreams about.

To be fair...well...they are Daleks.

Radioactive Zombie
08-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Lobo?

@Wjow - and also, most of them are evil beings threatening to cause grevious harm to innocents.

Also, the Power Rangers.

Farealmer
08-17-2008, 06:56 PM
The Authority

Black Vespa
08-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Homelander

Neorama
08-17-2008, 07:04 PM
I would have to say Wolverine too. I mean the guy has been alive for centuries and has fought in just about every major war since the American Civil War (maybe others before that too, my Wolverine history is a little rusty). The Punisher is also another obvious choice since, once he starts killing, he's like the Energizer Bunny.

Mr Blinky
08-17-2008, 07:10 PM
To be fair...well...they are Daleks.

Your evil-phobia sickens me! :evilangry:

:tongue:

Wjowski
08-17-2008, 07:26 PM
@Wjow - and also, most of them are evil beings threatening to cause grevious harm to innocents.

I figured that went without saying.

The Immortal Watch Dog
08-17-2008, 07:34 PM
I would have to say Wolverine too. I mean the guy has been alive for centuries and has fought in just about every major war since the American Civil War (maybe others before that too, my Wolverine history is a little rusty). The Punisher is also another obvious choice since, once he starts killing, he's like the Energizer Bunny.

err no no he has not

he's a hundred and thirty or so]

and dude lived in canada..not the us never was a blue or gray coat

i dont even think he fought in ww1

Neorama
08-17-2008, 07:40 PM
err no no he has not

he's a hundred and thirty or so]

and dude lived in canada..not the us never was a blue or gray coat

i dont even think he fought in ww1

Really? I could have swore there was a mini in which he and Sabertooth fought together back in the civil war? Oh, well. I stand corrected then.

Ptrvc
08-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Really? I could have swore there was a mini in which he and Sabertooth fought together back in the civil war? Oh, well. I stand corrected then.

I think there was a series of comics set in the Civil War, with various modern characters.

There has to be some cosmic equivalent of the Punisher out there.

Lord Foul
08-17-2008, 08:04 PM
If we are discounting Who my best guest would be Japanese heroes. Its standard fair to kill your villains. Some have pretty big kill lists.

Captain Avenger
08-17-2008, 10:27 PM
I wonder how many people Luke Skywalker killed when he blew up the first Death Star.

Floyd The Barber
08-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Out of people I consider "heroes" acting of "free will" Punisher and Wolverine seem to be the first ones that come to mind.

Hmmmm... can't think of any DC characters that are considered "heroes" that even come close. Seems like Marvel cornered the market on lovable murderers.

Floyd The Barber
08-17-2008, 10:36 PM
I wonder how many people Luke Skywalker killed when he blew up the first Death Star.

A crap-ton no doubt. But they were all Imperial fascists so that's OK by me. :evilsmile:

FalconX2000
08-17-2008, 10:36 PM
How is the Doctor so much more powerful than the Timelords and Daleks? I thought he was a Timelord himself?

The Drunkard Kid
08-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Honestly, everytime someone goes mach 500 or Thunderclaps within a populated area, they should kill at least twenty people.

OTOH, Hulk rarely ever kills anyone, regardless an insanely long history of him randomly throwing buildings, trees, cars, trucks, tanks, airplanes and a various assortment of heroes and villains at anything nearby.

The Immortal Watch Dog
08-17-2008, 10:40 PM

i think there was a million or so in there

could be wrong on the numbers though

mailedbypostman1
08-17-2008, 10:41 PM
OTOH, Hulk rarely ever kills anyone, regardless an insanely long history of him randomly throwing buildings, trees, cars, trucks, tanks, airplanes and a various assortment of heroes and villains at anything nearby.

Apparently thats his second superpower. Area effect nullifier!

Wavemaninawe
08-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Captain Falcon?

Enterprise E
08-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Some video game characters have pretty high body counts. Think of all the enemies that Mario, Link, and Samus have killed. And Samus has blown up planets full of Space Pirates, Metroids, X-Parasites, etc. Mario has killed countless Goombas, Koopas, and other assorted enemies when he blew up various castles, airships, and other fortresses. In almost every Mario game, entire armies of enemies are killed when he saves the day. Heck, he, along with E. Gadd, destroyed the remnants of an entire race of people. As for Link, think of all the Moblins and undead creatures he has slain in order to save Hyrule. In addition to those, I'd say that Master Chief has killed a lot of enemies in his time, as have several 2D platformer protagonists.

Guy1
08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Some video game characters have pretty high body counts. Think of all the enemies that Mario, Link, and Samus have killed. And Samus has blown up planets full of Space Pirates, Metroids, X-Parasites, etc. Mario has killed countless Goombas, Koopas, and other assorted enemies when he blew up various castles, airships, and other fortresses. In almost every Mario game, entire armies of enemies are killed when he saves the day. Heck, he, along with E. Gadd, destroyed the remnants of an entire race of people. As for Link, think of all the Moblins and undead creatures he has slain in order to save Hyrule. In addition to those, I'd say that Master Chief has killed a lot of enemies in his time, as have several 2D platformer protagonists.

Do the undead really count?

Enterprise E
08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Do the undead really count?

I don't really know. Link's killed enough normal guys in his games to have a pretty high body count, nowhere on the level of Mario or Samus, but still, it's not insignificant. Still you do bring up a good point:

Question to the OP - should the undead actually count in a hero's body count?

The Thunderbird
08-18-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't really know. Link's killed enough normal guys in his games to have a pretty high body count, nowhere on the level of Mario or Samus, but still, it's not insignificant. Still you do bring up a good point:

Question to the OP - should the undead actually count in a hero's body count?
If they act like living creatures, like vampires, then yes. But if they are simply animated bodies, like zombies, then no.