PDA

View Full Version : why is the hulk not involved in secret invasion?

blinkinrogue
07-23-2008, 07:40 AM
It is marvel's way of making it easier for the skrulls to invade earth? the hulk on his own can cause a lot of damage to the skrulls, so i am wondering why he wasn't involved?

CMBMOOL
07-23-2008, 07:45 AM
That and the fact that the Black Bolt he beaten up was a Skrull in disguise. :frown:

Crimson
07-23-2008, 08:11 AM
The easy answer is he's busy. He was in SHIELD custody for a while (I forget how long it stated in Hulk #1) and is running around after the Red Hulk. We don't know where Hulk's timeline is in comparision to Secret Invasion but it can be looked apon at happening close together.

I'd imagine though it's pretty hard to shoe horn Hulk into it. Not only have we just had Hulk crossover into everyone and smash everything, but we are still only 4 issues into his new book. We haven't even finished the first arc yet.

Britannic
07-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Reason I suspect he is absent from SI is the same reason he was shot of Earth to miss Civil war. He is far to powerful in a nutshell. Imagine Civil war with the Hulk on Caps side. Game over before it's begun.

Mike Smash!
07-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Reason I suspect he is absent from SI is the same reason he was shot of Earth to miss Civil war. He is far to powerful in a nutshell. Imagine Civil war with the Hulk on Caps side. Game over before it's begun.I don't think it's because of power levels.

The Sentry and a host of other really powerful characters are taking part in Secret War and did in Civil War, as well.

Seems like an army of Super Skrulls would be a formidable enough threat that the Hulk would come in handy, but not just act as a convenient deus ex machina.

Expletive Deleted
07-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking it's a combination of WWH just having finished and Loeb just getting started. There'd be no plot problem with working Hulk into SI, but the timing isn't right.

IronPalm
07-23-2008, 09:07 AM
It is marvel's way of making it easier for the skrulls to invade earth? the hulk on his own can cause a lot of damage to the skrulls, so i am wondering why he wasn't involved?

Hulk is dealing with the Loeb invasion. That's more punishment than any other hero can handle in 616

PKIronMan
07-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Enough Hulk already.... enough Iron Man while we're at it. We've really saturated a few characters during Civil War, PH, WWH, .. and want to see SI re-invigorate a few people and make an A-lister while killing a few dozen/hundred B-listers.

With that said I can't imagine we won't see a solid Hulk tie soon. Red Hulk as a Super Skrull? Nah...... but something.

Drdmx
07-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Agree with the sentiment that Hulk is just too powerful.

Sure, there's other contenders out there, but what's different there is the Hulk's always an "X-factor". You cant count on him to take your side if you're the heroes. If it's Savage Hulk, he could get pissed just by seeing a Wolverine. If it's Gravage, do you really think he's ready to throw his distain for the Illuminati to help clean up this mess they helped start?

Grapeweasel
07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
He isn't involved for fear that he'll automatically side with the green people....

xarathos
07-23-2008, 02:27 PM
What isn't the Hulk in the Hulk comic book more?:redface: D'oh!:smile:

G. Wayne
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Hulk's status with the heroes after what he did in WWH was still up in the air last I knew, which is a good enough reason for me that they haven't called him up.

"We need help! Call up all the heroes you can find!"
"Uh, what about the Hulk?"
"You mean the guy that, a little bit ago, brought in a bunch of aliens to attack New York and a bunch of the heroes we need him to help now?"
"Uh... good point. Who else we got?"

Ptrvc
07-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Agree with the sentiment that Hulk is just too powerful.

Sure, there's other contenders out there, but what's different there is the Hulk's always an "X-factor". You cant count on him to take your side if you're the heroes. If it's Savage Hulk, he could get pissed just by seeing a Wolverine. If it's Gravage, do you really think he's ready to throw his distain for the Illuminati to help clean up this mess they helped start?

Well usually its smell Wolverine.

Mark_S
07-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Given what Tony and the rest of them did to him why would Hulk want to help them? It's not like Earth has ever treated him very well.

Mark_S

Samuraixsithlord
07-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Given what Tony and the rest of them did to him why would Hulk want to help them? It's not like Earth has ever treated him very well.

Mark_S

exactly. After the Skrulls saw Hulk take on all of Americas greatest heroes and come out on top, they figured any victory they could have against the Hulk would be a Pyrrhic victory.

But if they wanted the hulk to get involved i could see Meik being replaced by a skrull on Sakaar to place the damaged warp core in the Hulks shuttle, so the hulk would go after the Illumanati and weaken their position amongst the people of earth

Drdmx
07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
As much as I love Hulk, I'd rather he not be involved in SI rather than tamper with ANYTHING that happened on Sakaar. The storyline that took place in the book was perfect in my opinion.

Hulk_Is
07-23-2008, 11:00 PM
The Green Hulk can't be in SI anyway -- cuz Rulk wants him all to himself. Rulk isn't going to allow his quarry to come to harm. That would mean that Rulk would have to destroy all the Skrulls singlehandedly, and then SI would be through. So, if you really think about it, the Skrull invasion is ultimately a fluke because Rulk can shoot them all and smash them all to death. :mad:

Why doesn't Marvel think ahead before printing a story obviously so full of holes?

Drdmx
07-24-2008, 01:59 AM
The simple answer would be that the Red Hulk mystery isn't taking place during Secret Invasion.

If you look at the chain of events, Tony is still head of S.H.I.E.L.D., there's no mention of skrulls anywhere in the book, and quite frankly, the issues are coming out to slow to keep up with Secret Invasion continuity. I saw in the Marvel Solicitations Page that both the writer and artist have other projects they are currently working as well. That could explain the slow pace of these issues. I'm fine with that since I needed to adjust my pull list to keep up with SI anyway. It's just less issues that I need to go back and collect once SI is done. People that are complaining about the slow release rate should look into adjusting their pull list for now, and pick up the Giant Size that is sure to release down the line.

timomcshade
07-29-2008, 12:09 PM
It's simple really...he is kept out of it so Bendis can keep Loeb AWAY from Secret Invasion. Loeb already messed up what remaining credibility the Ultimate Universe had, minus Spidey of course, so why make a bigger mess?

Besides, the Skrulls are in NYC right now and Rulk and Hulk are battlin' in San Fran.

Lupek
07-29-2008, 01:18 PM
What isn't the Hulk in the Hulk comic book more?:redface: D'oh!:smile:

Good question, After the greatness that was Planet Hulk and the goodness that was WWH, I was never so interested in the character and then Marvel has sorta put him on ice. It's a bummer.

But maybe he is not in SI yet because they need someone big to bring in at the end to thwart the Skrulls.

Kevinroc
07-29-2008, 02:05 PM
It's simple really...he is kept out of it so Bendis can keep Loeb AWAY from Secret Invasion. Loeb already messed up what remaining credibility the Ultimate Universe had, minus Spidey of course, so why make a bigger mess?

Besides, the Skrulls are in NYC right now and Rulk and Hulk are battlin' in San Fran.

Somebody forgot to tell the X-Men that they don't have to worry about Skrulls, huh? :wink:

Stormshadow
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
This is exactly why my DC pile has been getting larger and larger.

rick196436
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
when will hulk be in hulks comic for more than a few moments , red hulk cant be stronger than hulk hulk is strongest one there is dang gonnit

Karl Cook
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Green Hulk's not in SI because none of the other writers are prepared to write Hulk as badly as Loeb is right now.:mad:

timomcshade
07-31-2008, 11:23 PM
Somebody forgot to tell the X-Men that they don't have to worry about Skrulls, huh? :wink:

No cause the Super-Skrulls have X-Men powers out their arses, do Skrulls even have arses, so it fits for the X-Men to help. There are no Hulk Skrulls but I will gladly do anything Bendis wants if he makes a Green Hulk Skrull, or any Skrull for that matter, that just trashes Loeb's wuss of a Red Hulk.

mikekerr3
08-01-2008, 11:53 AM
No cause the Super-Skrulls have X-Men powers out their arses, do Skrulls even have arses, so it fits for the X-Men to help. There are no Hulk Skrulls but I will gladly do anything Bendis wants if he makes a Green Hulk Skrull, or any Skrull for that matter, that just trashes Loeb's wuss of a Red Hulk.

We need Squirrel-girl now.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Maestro
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Maybe Green Hulk goes missing or dies in issue 6.

Jonesy47
08-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Maybe Green Hulk goes missing or dies in issue 6.

Can't. It's already been previewed.
Issue 6 = Rulk vs. Hulk...again (and apparently, this issue is supposed to REALLY lay down some big clues, finally, as to who red hulk is).

I just hope it's a better fight than issue 4...so lame...

Also, green hulk and red hulk apparently share the hulk title after 6. I just dont know how that can work correctly without the story feeling spread to thin, though...i mean, the way the red hulk sagas been written so far, it's like 20 pages of pictures, a half-page of real dialogue. With TWO hulks smashing in two seperate storylines in the same book at the same time, i imagine just explosions and "hulk smash" rhetoric...god, i hope im wrong...

Marcus_Maximus
08-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Green Hulk's not in SI because none of the other writers are prepared to write Hulk as badly as Loeb is right now.:mad:

LOL! Now that weas good!

Hrungr
08-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I remember there was an interview a week or two ago where it was said (it might have been Mark P) that there were other writers who wanted to use Red Hulk but they weren't allowed. Anyone remember which one that was?

stingerman
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Here is why:

The Red Hulk is a Skrull gone Hulk.

Think about it, skrulls are already green, what happens when they get a hulk sized dose of gamma radiation - they become red.

Therefore, whoever was around the Hulk at the time is a skrull impersonator.

worstblogever
08-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Tactically, the Savage Hulk would be a terrible thing to fight Skrulls. The little green buggers would just hide amongst humans, and the big dumb lug would be like.... "GRAH! Green men are puny humans! Hulk show you! Hulk smash you all!"

Millions of casualties later, someone thinks that maybe they should've left Hulk locked up. :wink:

Kutulu
08-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Tactically, the Savage Hulk would be a terrible thing to fight Skrulls. The little green buggers would just hide amongst humans, and the big dumb lug would be like.... "GRAH! Green men are puny humans! Hulk show you! Hulk smash you all!"

Millions of casualties later, someone thinks that maybe they should've left Hulk locked up. :wink:

Hahah best response of the thread. :biggrin:

Jonesy47
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Didnt't you, Kutulu, mention on another thread how hulk can inherently sense where the person that he wants to hit is (maybe it was just another dude with a sentry avatar)? Wouldn't that make it easy for hulk to tell the difference between human and skrull? Just think "Hulk want to hit Skrulls now!" and his body takes over for him, finding the nearest available skrull to squash into paste?

Kutulu
08-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Didnt't you, Kutulu, mention on another thread how hulk can inherently sense where the person that he wants to hit is (maybe it was just another dude with a sentry avatar)? Wouldn't that make it easy for hulk to tell the difference between human and skrull? Just think "Hulk want to hit Skrulls now!" and his body takes over for him, finding the nearest available skrull to squash into paste?

Hulk's mystical detection seems to be a lot more general than that, and plus the skrulls have evaded Reed Richard's and Tony Stark's detection already.

Kevinroc
08-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Hulk's mystical detection seems to be a lot more general than that, and plus the skrulls have evaded Reed Richard's and Tony Stark's detection already.

Hulk's detection has more to do with ghosts/ supernatural things. So it probably wouldn't work... unless the Skrulls hide using supernatural means.

stingerman
08-07-2008, 03:26 PM

I thought Reed figured out how they were doing it right before he was zapped?

Jonesy47
08-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I thought Reed figured out how they were doing it right before he was zapped?

Wow...Secret Invasion sounds so dumb...tell me how it ends, guys:biggrin:

Will.S
08-07-2008, 05:10 PM
The Secret Invasion mini itself isn't covering a lot of other things that would have been nice to see happen in there such as the Captain Britain and X-Men tie ins. The Fantastic Four are in but they were set up in a way that created another mini which, while enjoyable, I would liked to have seen progress within the actual SI mini.

I'd love to see Hulk in there as well just to get more involvement of all of the players in the MU but then again neither are Omega Flight or a host of other Initiative teams or villains. Adding to that Loeb has specific reign over the main Hulk stuff so I guess we'll have to be content with the Hercules stuff right now.

XPac
08-07-2008, 05:18 PM
At this point I'm actually wondering if the Red Hulk storyline isn't taking place after SI.

From what I understand, She-Hulk and the Lady liberators will be showing up both in Hulk and in the She-Hulk book. Since She-Hulk is in the middle of Secret Invasion now, then perhaps the Lady Liberaor stuff occurs after SI.

Of course, I'm just speculating.

dukeofthedance
08-08-2008, 11:19 AM
At this point I'm actually wondering if the Red Hulk storyline isn't taking place after SI.

From what I understand, She-Hulk and the Lady liberators will be showing up both in Hulk and in the She-Hulk book. Since She-Hulk is in the middle of Secret Invasion now, then perhaps the Lady Liberaor stuff occurs after SI.

Of course, I'm just speculating.

You remember the golden rule of Loeb: Screw other people's work...

Next issue of Hulk will not only have the Lady Liberators, but also the entire Initiative Program, Nick Fury's new commandos, all of the Warbound (including Caiera), Peter Parker and MJ (talking about their successful, long lasting marriage), Baron Zemo leading the Thunderbolts, Steve Rogers, The Marvel Zombies, and even this:

http://zevin.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/chuck1.jpg

Yes folks, thats right. Jeph Loeb is diggin into the Marvel Vaults and bringing the greatest Super Team in Marvel Comics HISTORY: Chuck Norris and The KArate Kommandos.

Lets just say you all were wondering why Rulk is so unstoppable... :evilsmile:

steve2275
08-13-2008, 11:22 PM

Of course, I'm just speculating.its not bad speculation:biggrin: