PDA

View Full Version : Superboy Prime retcon punches the Marvel Universe

The Thunderbird
07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Due to a dimensional rift in the space-time continuum, Superboy-Prime is transported from the walls of the DC Universe just before he is about to punch them and lands at the walls of the Marvel Universe, which he shatters. Because of the properties of the rift, Superboy's reality punches have been amplified to the point that even the Living Tribunal is affected and the reality will be changed to your vision. In other words, you get to retcon everything about the Marvel Universe, from the daily lives of superheroes and civilians to the nature of cosmic entities such as Galactus, Eternity, and the Phoenix Force. What happens to the Marvel Universe?

The Drunkard Kid
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Due to a dimensional rift in the space-time continuum, Superboy-Prime is transported from the walls of the DC Universe just before he is about to punch them and lands at the walls of the Marvel Universe, which he shatters. Because of the properties of the rift, Superboy's reality punches have been amplified to the point that even the Living Tribunal is affected and the reality will be changed to your vision. In other words, you get to retcon everything about the Marvel Universe, from the daily lives of superheroes and civilians to the nature of cosmic entities such as Galactus, Eternity, and the Phoenix Force. What happens to the Marvel Universe?
Claremont never left Wolverine during his first run, and his original vision shapes the character. Also, I guess he abandons his quest for an unkillable redhead or asian woman and "settles" for the former weather Goddess.

Sorry Black Panther, but I was a Ororo/Logan 'shipper long before I got interested in your life.

Radioactive Zombie
07-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I shrug and make the Secret Invasion thing more interesting. Maybe have more Nextwave incompetence, and remove bits and pieces of backstory I don't like. Oh, and make sure the disaster never happened to spark Civil War, just to save lives.

MaxofSteel
07-22-2008, 11:50 AM
I'd probably do something silly like retcon Peter Parker and MJ's wedding.

OH WAIT.

Frostbite883
07-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Have Alex Wilder's dad sacrifice his life for his son instead of letting the
Gibborim killed him.

Have Capt. America die during the final Civil War battle with him and the others
stopping the berserk Clor from destroying everything and everyone
in it's path and after the heroes and heroines defeated Clor they save
lives, but while doing that Cap. A save Tony Stark/Iron Man from a
disaster that would've killed him. Cap dies and Tony Stark mourns
for his friend's death. Later, Tony Stark would use his both
his philosophy and Cap's to do better at enforcing the SHRA
and somehow making it a little bit better for superhumans (if nothing else).

There would be more mainstream continuity-based characters
of different skin tone in the MU besides a few.

Most X-Men storylines that havn't been resolved already are no
longer apart of the main Marvel continuity.

Well, that's that.

Oh, and I wouldn't have Spider-Man join the Post-CW New Avengers team, but
have Hybrid (Scott washington) join the team instead while Spidey in his
One More Day/Brand New Day 'pocket universe' of a sort.

Froggy
07-22-2008, 05:24 PM
I'd probably do something silly like retcon Peter Parker and MJ's wedding.

OH WAIT.LMAO

I would've had Mantis and Silver Surfer raise the cosmicmessiah or osmething, and have a storyline where HE comes together to unite the universe, and the kree and skrull hunt him down

I would've made the kree skrull war more entertaining

Mr Blinky
07-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I'd get rid of the PIS that prevents Stark/Richards/Pym from turning Marvel Earth into a technological utopia.

Sentry dies. No, scratch that; he just never existed. :smile:

Wolverine is gay. Yeah, Mr bad-ass, stone-cold killer likes the men folk now. He's still hoping Scott and Jean break up, just for a different reason...

Oh, and if someone could be held legally accountable for Clor blasting Bill Foster's guts out through his back, that'd be super.

The Thunderbird
07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
I would get rid of Quesada's blunders such as Decimation, Civil War, and One More Day. All mutants will keep their powers, the SHRA would have never been signed into law, and Spidey would not lose 20 years of his history. Other bad storylines such as the Clone Saga cease to exist. Humanity would still be nervous about mutantkind, but they wouldn't necessarily hate them. A malevolent yet weak entity would be revealed as the reason why superhumans don't try to make the world a utopia. It would make them constantly forget to help people with their technology.

But my favorite character Jean Grey would be affected the most. Instead of being replaced by a copy, Jean would be given her vast amounts of power by the Phoenix Force on the shuttle and use that power to create a new body for herself. She would transfer her mind to her new body like Dr. Doom and create a healing pod for her old body. She then places her body in the healing pod. She names herself Phoenix after the Phoenix Force. Everything would go on as normal until she turns into Dark Phoenix, which is just Jean's Phoenix-given powers gone sentient and evil. The Dark Phoenix uses Jean's body as a puppet until she regains control briefly and kills herself. Her death causes her powers to lose sentience. Then Jean's spirit uses her vast psionic powera to rejoin her old body and she gives back her powers to the Phoenix Force. She loses her memories as Phoenix as a side effect of giving away her borrowed power. She still comes out of the healing pod. After that, things go on as it did except Jean does not become Phoenix again and she never dies again.

In short, Jean was the Phoenix in an artifical body borrowed from a cosmic force and Dark Phoenix was a sentient entity based off her powers. It recaptures the drama of the Dark Phoenix Saga by portraying Jean struggling against a vast internal evil (her sentient powers) and makes her innocent of the destruction of D'Bari. She comes back to life, but does not die again. Is this retcon still as convoluted as Marvels? Keep in mind that this is the result of Superboy-Prime punching reality so all evidence against this retcon such as Classic X-Men and Endsong is erased.

The rest of the Marvel Universe remains untouched.

The Immortal Watch Dog
07-22-2008, 09:01 PM

thank you..thank you

phoenix never exists ever or i have odin recton the mutliverse so that she dosnt need to be at all

wolverine gets toned down

gladiator becomes a really potent threat

i make sure the sentry grows some balls

odin stays top mystic power house...

oh..and some one kills superboy prime

bushboy
07-22-2008, 09:07 PM
I'd have all the changes made under Quesada exaggerated and give them more prominent, noticeable, and permanent changes. That whole illusion of change thing no longer applies...... What?

The Immortal Watch Dog
07-22-2008, 09:08 PM
top things ot change?

civil war...caps side wins...

i would keep house of m too many mutants...sorry but they where more fun when they where rare and un common

Sentry becomes a comsic hero leaivng earth to the earthlings

guy teams up with gladiator..and beta ray bill who becomes the head of the shiar empire

i;d havge a major story line where a the shiar kree and skrulls get into a massive massive war

while its revealed shuma gorath hasd been behind..the secret invasion and the anhilaiton wave to stir up chaos and the current war

i'll have him destroy the celestials and break space power and have him head for earth

and hopefully have him recton some of the disasters that have been done to the mu over the past ten or twenty years by wrtiers

and since wwh needs to make sense

it turns out wwh was really empowered and manipulated by shuma

Radical
07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Everything from Civil War to Secret Invasion never happens. (It's like Marvel's trying too hard to be dark and cynical these days.)

I also retcon the Clone Saga into nonexistence. I gave up reading Spider-Man comics for a while after it happened because I felt cheated.

Ptrvc
07-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I'd just get rid of the Sentry, or at least have him as a new character, and not pretend he has been there the entire time.

I'd fix WWH by having both Namor and Dr. Strange not want to launch him into space, and furthermore that's how he gets back. Strange finds him and brings him back after the explosion, which was entirely random, his Warbound are the only ones who come with him, not an entire fricken army.

Also Strange fixes the the whole House of M thing, and sends the Scarlet Witch to a mystic prison till he figures out what to do with her. It will be revealed that why he didn't do this sooner was he was to busy dealing with Dormammu or something.

Also if Spidey wants a divorce he now has to file for it just like everybody else.

The Immortal Watch Dog
07-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I
Also if Spidey wants a divorce he now has to file for it just like everybody else.

or make mephisto very powerful

because that made no sense

for him to perform such a massive reality warp

Kusanagi
07-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Bucky randomly dies again Cap Zombie screams no to the heavens

Dark Soul # 7
07-23-2008, 02:16 AM
One More Day never happens. Instead May dies peacefully, while Dr.Strange gives Peter a chance to talk to her one last time, and Spider-man and MJ live with the New Avengers.

Thor shows up at the end of WWH instead of Sentry and whoops Hulk's ass.

Dr.Doom is never brought to prison by the Mighty Avengers.

Sally Floyd ends up right in front of Venom as he is going crazy in the Thunderbolts mountain.

The Drunkard Kid
07-23-2008, 05:27 AM
Wolverine is gay. Yeah, Mr bad-ass, stone-cold killer likes the men folk now. He's still hoping Scott and Jean break up, just for a different reason...Well, he still likes him them redheads in your universe, it seems. (Eh, well, under the glow of his visor, his hair takes on a mahogany tinge, IIRC.)

The Thunderbird
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
oh..and some one kills superboy prime
Who kills him?

Ptrvc
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
or make mephisto very powerful

because that made no sense

for him to perform such a massive reality warp

I'm hoping they reveal he has absorbed the other hell dimensions, the ones ruled by the other various devil-like dictators, which would give him a powerful boost.

Chris Heide
07-23-2008, 04:13 PM
You know, aside from the obvious stuff, it would be nice if he punched the "Strikeforce: Morituri w/ mutants and pop culture parody" idea out of Milligan's head long enough for U-Go Girl, Orphan, and Anarchist to still be alive and kicking in the Marvel U...

WyldCard4
07-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Instead of Decimation I have the final Cure for being a Mutant, I dislike the whole subculture thing with millions of mutants, but wouldn't depower all of the many and interesting characters.

Seems more elegent to me.

Froggy
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
i'd have the Loners back

and in a actual series :(

heretic
07-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Jean was Phoenix. Period. And was a lot harder to kill than she thought. When Rachel came into her power Jean subconciously pulled herself together without knowing why, she keeps her powers locked down but is too fearful of what would happen if she tried to kill herself again so she lives in hiding until Rachel decides to hund down Selene and finds out that they can both stregthen themselves by draning the other's might (it takes effort to not be in equalibrium). They establish mental contact but part without getting near one another so the X-Men (esp. Scott, who has another life Jean will not destroy) are no wiser... for now.

Oh yeah, the Dragon of the Moon is supressed without most of the Defenders killing themselves off. When Hodge makes his play a very chastised Moondragon (Nate's nanny, she does not trust herself any farther) spots the scam and he is sent packing... however the idea of using media to find mutants and keep them away from the undesireable influences the X-Men have fallen under bears fruit in the form of an ad campaign along the lines of "Are you different? Are your children? We can help." with Warren's oh-so-photogenic mug and wings.

That should keep the X-verse on the rails more or less....

HTG

OverMaster
07-24-2008, 09:09 AM
The 616 Universe becomes the hentai 6969 Universe. :biggrin:

MaxofSteel
07-24-2008, 09:14 AM
The 616 Universe becomes the hentai 6969 Universe. :biggrin:

This must happen. IT MUST.

heretic
07-24-2008, 10:33 AM
The 616 Universe becomes the hentai 6969 Universe. :biggrin:That could work too.... if nothing else the hints Claremont dropped in the X-Men and New Mutants could come to further development....

HTG