PDA

View Full Version : B&TO: Can it be brought back full circle?

khuxford
06-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Any chance that, after Dixon replacing you on the book, you might be named the permanent replacement after Tieri's fill-in arc?

Nothing against Frank or his work, of course. Just interested to see a bit of what your take would have been on the characters.

Johnny_Luck
06-13-2008, 03:20 AM
The team needs a cast reboot to begin with anyways of the current team Grace and Thunder are the only ones that should be there.

Alexx1
06-13-2008, 01:30 PM
I dropped BATO an issue or so after Catwoman and MM were written out. Upon hearing the news Dixon was off BATO, that's the first place my mind went as well. Would DC give the book back to Tony. If you wanted it, I'm in the corner that would like to see your take. It's initially why I was interested in getting the title in the first place. You and team books are just a win win situation for everyone involved.

Tony Bedard
06-13-2008, 03:37 PM
There's been no talk of handing me the book, and there probably shouldn't be. Better just to find someone to come to it fresh and give it their best. While, frankly, I'm happy to write almost anything at DC, I doubt seriously that DC Editorial is thinking of me for the book. In fact, I hope Tieri knocks it out of the park and gets the gig. I've never hung out with Frank, but he is close friends with close friends of mine, and they always speak highly of him.

BTW, I really REALLY enjoyed what Chuck did with the book -- especially picking it up on the fly like he did. His Batman is tops. I've been re-reading some of his BIRDS OF PREY issues lately and I'm humbled by his talent. It's a lot to live up to.

jerrymcl89
06-13-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't doubt Tony could write this book well, but I think it would be redundant to have the same writer on B&TO and BOP at the same time. Better to have two different takes on the superhero covert teams.

Captain Jim
06-13-2008, 09:16 PM
I dropped BATO an issue or so after Catwoman and MM were written out.

I hope you know that wasn't Chuck's idea. It was dictated to him by TPTB, so they could send those two characters off to Salvation Run.

Alexx1
06-14-2008, 04:08 AM
I hope you know that wasn't Chuck's idea. It was dictated to him by TPTB, so they could send those two characters off to Salvation Run.

Yeah, I know it wasn't Chuck's idea! I just lost taste for it after Catwoman left. I did stick around for a couple more though just to give it a go. I just never could get into the teams chemistry.