PDA

View Full Version : S.P.D. Power Rangers vs. Dekarangers

Movie-Brat
05-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Attention all Ranger/Sentai fans, this is a 911 S.P.D.-Deka Emergency where in this latest installment of the Power Ranger vs. Super Sentai series, the S.P.D. Power Rangers will go up against (One of my personal favorites) the Dekarangers.

On the Ranger side, specifically the B-Squad side, we have Jack Landors, Sky Tate, Bridge Carson, Elizabeth "Z" Delgado, and Sydney Drew.

On the Dekranger side, we have Ban, Hoji, Sen-chan, Jasmine, and Umeko.

And we have not one, not two not even three but four bonus fights:
Sam, the Omega Ranger vs. Tetsu, otherwise known as DekaBreak

Doggie Cruger, the Shadow Ranger vs. Doggy Kruger, otherwise known as DekaMaster

Dr.Katherine "Kat" Manx, the S.P.D. Kat Ranger vs. Swan-san, otherwise known as DekaSwan

And finally, The Nova Ranger vs. Lisa Teagle, otherwise known as DekaBright.

Now, if there's demand for an A-Squad Power Rangers vs. Dekarangers fight, I'll post that one in a serperate thread.

Now as usual, PIS and CIS are included and as always, may the best Ranger win.

Ant Crown
05-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Attention all Ranger/Sentai fans, this is a 911 S.P.D.-Deka Emergency where in this latest installment of the Power Ranger vs. Super Sentai series, the S.P.D. Power Rangers will go up against (One of my personal favorites) the Dekarangers.

On the Ranger side, specifically the B-Squad side, we have Jack Landors, Sky Tate, Bridge Carson, Elizabeth "Z" Delgado, and Sydney Drew.

Doggie Cruger, the Shadow Ranger vs. Doggy Kruger, otherwise known as DekaMaster

Dr.Katherine "Kat" Manx, the S.P.D. Kat Ranger vs. Swan-san, otherwise known as DekaSwan

Now, if there's demand for an A-Squad Power Rangers vs. Dekarangers fight, I'll post that one in a serperate thread.

Now about the only people not worthy of this stomp is Z, and Bridge so they are left alone and promptly knocked out.

But it's 'Judgement Time' for Jack Landors, Sky Tate and Sydney Drew.

The Charge, Impersonating Dekaranger officers.

Kat wins against Swan... Personal Preference

Dekamaster is overall a better swordsman and has bullet timing to his name.

Was Dekabright the one that insulted the Akza-Tachi?

Movie-Brat
05-02-2008, 11:14 AM

I think so.

Guy1
05-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Now about the only people not worthy of this stomp is Z, and Bridge so they are left alone and promptly knocked out.

Yeah, she was.

Guy1
05-02-2008, 01:28 PM

The Deka's pwn.

Dekamaster wins his fight, but it's a good match.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=Dekamaster&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1

Cat vs Swan is a draw.

Dekabright beats the hell out of Nova Ranger.

Movie-Brat
05-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Cat vs Swan is a draw.

I'm curious, how would that fight be a draw?

Guy1
05-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm curious, how would that fight be a draw?

Neither of them fought for very long when Morphed, and I don't recall either seeming more powerful then the other. Brains likely equals out.
And the fact that it will end in sex.

Movie-Brat
05-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Neither of them fought for very long when Morphed, and I don't recall either seeming more powerful then the other. Brains likely equals out.
And the fact that it will end in sex.

I see. So, would you like a thread decidcated to a fight between the A-Squad S.P.D. Power Rangers vs. the Dekarangers?

Ant Crown
05-02-2008, 04:43 PM
I see. So, would you like a thread decidcated to a fight between the A-Squad S.P.D. Power Rangers vs. the Dekarangers?

Don't even try...A Squad was beaten by SWAT Mode B-Squad...Ban Ban in his Rage Solos them with out the SWAT or Fire Squad upgrades.

Movie-Brat
05-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Don't even try...A Squad was beaten by SWAT Mode B-Squad...Ban Ban in his Rage Solos them with out the SWAT or Fire Squad upgrades.

Good point. I see no need for a thread for that fight.

Say, let me let me ask you this, what's the point of SWAT Mode in Power Rangers S.P.D. anyway?

Ant Crown
05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Good point. I see no need for a thread for that fight.

Say, let me let me ask you this, what's the point of SWAT Mode in Power Rangers S.P.D. anyway?

I just don't know...

They were trying to copy so much...(Really guys is it so hard to NOT use Ban Ban?) That Endings was a good end.

Movie-Brat
05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
I just don't know...

They were trying to copy so much...(Really guys is it so hard to NOT use Ban Ban?) That Endings was a good end.

Well, Bruce Kalish did admit that he loved Dekaranger and just wanted to top it.

Ant Crown
05-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Well, Bruce Kalish did admit that he loved Dekaranger and just wanted to top it.

Notes I've learned from Bruce Kalish:

1. Slow motion

2.American exclusive

and

3. Explosions do not make a good season...If Sentai only used the items like they were and never went for the Battlizers then that's a good sign not to USE THEM.

Cyke
05-02-2008, 06:16 PM
I hated how the writers dumbed down Shadow Ranger in order to make the fights cooler. In DekaRanger, we all saw the legendary DekaMaster Solos 100 Grunts battle. In SPD, Shadow Ranger easily solos about 70 grunts in 40 seconds, then takes about 90 seconds to beat the remaining 30 grunts. Why? So that Shadow could make a few more fancy jumps and more wirework, with more explosions, mind you.

*sigh*

And Christ, how they raped DekaBreak/Omega Ranger. Forgetting the insult that was the ball of light concept, Omega has about a dozen superpowers, yet only uses about two of them over the course of the show. He was getting his ass kicked or getting kidnapped, and he was basically Decoy Ranger.

That said, the Dekas win this quite handily. Heck, it looked like SPD started demorphing more often and more easily once they got SWAT mode.

Movie-Brat
05-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Notes I've learned from Bruce Kalish:

1. Slow motion

2.American exclusive

and

3. Explosions do not make a good season...If Sentai only used the items like they were and never went for the Battlizers then that's a good sign not to USE THEM.

Yeah, those kind of ideas he went way overboard with them.

I hated how the writers dumbed down Shadow Ranger in order to make the fights cooler. In DekaRanger, we all saw the legendary DekaMaster Solos 100 Grunts battle. In SPD, Shadow Ranger easily solos about 70 grunts in 40 seconds, then takes about 90 seconds to beat the remaining 30 grunts. Why? So that Shadow could make a few more fancy jumps and more wirework, with more explosions, mind you.

That's the problem with SPD, it tried too hard to be the best and wanted to top Dekaranger which is not a good idea to do.

Movie-Brat
05-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey guys, the actor who plays Ban Ban actually made a cameo in Power Rangers S.P.D.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkINdr_iFwo

He's there at the 2:56-3:11 mark.

Ant Crown
05-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey guys, the actor who plays Ban Ban actually made a cameo in Power Rangers S.P.D.:

He's there at the 2:56-3:11 mark.

I take it he's the guy who trained the Alien?:confused:

Movie-Brat
05-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I take it he's the guy who trained the Alien?:confused:

Yes, that's him.

Ant Crown
05-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Yes, that's him.

Some one remind me to watch Dekaranger...after I'm through with Masterforce, Hibiki, Kabuto, Magiranger, whatever is updated on TVNihon and Super Link

Movie-Brat
05-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Some one remind me to watch Dekaranger...after I'm through with Masterforce, Hibiki, Kabuto, Magiranger, whatever is updated on TVNihon and Super Link

I'll remind you, if you like.

[]D[]/\/\[]D @ Nite/So-tite
05-21-2008, 04:26 PM

Hey, barring the antics earlier on and in the series finale, Jack is a pretty good leader, and although he's an ass, Sky makes a pretty good cop and field leader as well.

Just curious though, why are Z and Bridge "not deserving of the stomp"? :biggrin:

Also, I'm out of the loop, were the SPD rangers depowered compared to their Deka counterparts?

Guy1
05-21-2008, 04:43 PM
D[]/\/\[]D @ Nite/So-tite;6895435']Hey, barring the antics earlier on and in the series finale, Jack is a pretty good leader, and although he's an ass, Sky makes a pretty good cop and field leader as well.

Just curious though, why are Z and Bridge "not deserving of the stomp"? :biggrin:

Also, I'm out of the loop, were the SPD rangers depowered compared to their Deka counterparts?

http://lego.phpwebhosting.com/~sodders/SPD/
This site should explain a few things.
It should be also noted that several times in Dekaranger, the team either A: Survived against for a good deal of time, B: Out right soaked attacks from and then beat on a bit before morphing, or C: Outright kicked the crap out of, Monsters of the day.
Hoji had a whole dedicated to this, and the whole team was doing it in the final episode.
Dekagreen had a badass showing where he soaked energy blasts from an alienizer that had broken Umeko's heart, and then kicked it around for a bit before morphing.
Umeko knows drunken boxing.
Dekabreak could go lightspeed in bursts, and had many more attacks then Omega.

Cyke
05-21-2008, 04:46 PM
http://lego.phpwebhosting.com/~sodders/SPD/
This site should explain a few things.
It should be also noted that several times in Dekaranger, the team either A: Survived against for a good deal of time, B: Out right soaked attacks from and then beat on a bit before morphing, or C: Outright kicked the crap out of, Monsters of the day.
Hoji had a whole dedicated to this, and the whole team was doing it in the final episode.
Dekagreen had a badass showing where he soaked energy blasts from an alienizer that had broken Umeko's heart, and then kicked it around for a bit before morphing.
Umeko knows drunken boxing.
Dekabreak could go lightspeed in bursts, and had many more attacks then Omega.

I'm of the theory that SPD may not have been depowered compared to the DekaRangers, but I'd posit that they were just pretty bad fighters as a whole. We see some of the same Sentai feats duplicated or even exceeded in PR (a good thing), only to have them conveniently forget their Ranger powers 60% of the time (a very bad thing). A lot of times that means they'll stand around doing little while getting blasted, while any other Ranger team would, y'know, dodge. The result tends to be a lot of demorphing on a frequency not seen for years.

Guy1
05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm of the theory that SPD may not have been depowered compared to the DekaRangers, but I'd posit that they were just pretty bad fighters as a whole. We see some of the same Sentai feats duplicated or even exceeded in PR (a good thing), only to have them conveniently forget their Ranger powers 60% of the time (a very bad thing). A lot of times that means they'll stand around doing little while getting blasted, while any other Ranger team would, y'know, dodge. The result tends to be a lot of demorphing on a frequency not seen for years.

I'd agree.

That said, Umeko's bath scenes>>>>all.

Darkwatch
05-21-2008, 05:42 PM

He's there at the 2:56-3:11 mark.Pretty sure that is just the sentai footage. Ban's ancestor trained the alien and when the alien came back he though Ban was the same guy

Movie-Brat
05-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Pretty sure that is just the sentai footage. Ban's ancestor trained the alien and when the alien came back he though Ban was the same guy

Really? Hmm, I need to catch up on Dekaranger.

Cyke
05-21-2008, 06:55 PM
It's Sentai footage indeed, but I think it still counts as a cameo of sorts.

Still, not since Rita, Scorpina, and random Tokyo citizens posing as random Californians...!