PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Event 2009/2010

Juggernaut_lover
04-27-2008, 02:16 PM
What would you like to be the events of 2009/2010.

For me, 2009 shouldn't be a huge event, perhpas a smaller scale one like WWH, or something like the "Decimation" of Secret Invasion. i mean SI is a huge event in itself, having it end right before summer next year leaves no time for character development from SI, so a smaller scale event like Decimation would go well there.

No idea for 2010

DaeJi
04-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I think there's a magic event coming up, which would probably be on a smaller scale. Adam Warlock gave a cryptic warning of another threat to the cosmos, so that may end up being an event, maybe one that covers the Earthbound heroes as well.

wonderland
04-27-2008, 02:29 PM
we'll probably get :
A) 'magic event' problems with magic have been mentioned in several books...

B)'cosmic event,' Vulcan and the Shi'ar seem the obvious choice as the antagonists...

C)'Messiah Complex2' the x-writers have said the first one was just the begining of something they were building toward.

D)'Avengers event' Doom's dealings with various people have to be building toward something, dont they?

The next full scale MU crossover event, i hope it's the fallout from Apocalypse's dealings with the Celestials.

Diablito
04-27-2008, 03:34 PM
I want no events, for once. Just let the titles put out what they want for like a year or two.

Expletive Deleted
04-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I want no events, for once. Just let the titles put out what they want for like a year or two.I'd agree, but Marvel does seem to be leaving participation up to the writers. Millar doesn't want FF tied in, so Marvel leaves the title be and puts out a SI: FF mini-series instead.

Come To Deathstrike
04-27-2008, 06:37 PM
I think you've got The Vulcan stuff to tie upm with the shiar.
Probably the next annihalation though?

Then theres the magic thing that's going down.

And I don't know why, but I think something's going to happen that'll be phoenix related.
With a skrullphoenix in SI and the Blatant red herrings about jean messiah baby.
I think it's going somewhere.
2010?

HeckBoy
04-27-2008, 06:57 PM
I want no events, for once. Just let the titles put out what they want for like a year or two.Same. I'm just feeling some event fatigue here. Since I came back to comics, I've gone thru the likes of: House of M (I actually came back in the middle of it, so not knowing what was up, I decided to sit it out), Civil War, Annihilation, Conquest, WWH, Messiah CompleX, and now Secret Invasion. And out of all of those (SI aside), I only really enjoyed Annihilation and CompleX, the rest were kinda meh. Anyway, I'd prefer it if Marvel would just let their titles have a break and follow up on their own stories for awhile. At the very least, like Expletive said, let the monthlies stay on track and just have side-mini's tie into the events.

TotalWorldDomination
04-27-2008, 07:04 PM
I'd put nothing on the plate for 2009, just let the MU rest for a bit... but 2010?

Victor Von Doom Vs. The Marvel Universe in... Civil Invasion!

Brian M.
04-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I think next year will be a smaller event. WWH small.

Alex Smith
04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
That sort of seems to be the pattern.

Big event one year
cool down event the next
big event
smaller event

I'd imagine it's going to continue that way.

CyberHubbs
04-27-2008, 07:37 PM
2009: Year of the Machines. This time, the internet cracks Bendis in half.

Weapon Ick
04-27-2008, 07:40 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Dan Slott got the go ahead for his Reckoning War. I think it will be 2009 or 2010. It's supposed to take place two years marvel time from the early She-Hulk issues of the current series.

Brian M.
04-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I think it'd be interesting to finally see the war between humans and mutants. I know there are so few left, but what if something started triggering the empowerment of the depowered mutants? That could strike fear again into a portion of the human race, which could lead to something which leads to something else which leads to there finally be a war. The Avengers caught in the middle, all the other superhero teams who have ignored the discrimination and treatment of mutants in the past could finally be put to the test, which side would they stand on. The struggle of mutants and the pov of human race which is come face to face again with their replacements. I'd read it.

Alex Smith
04-27-2008, 08:06 PM
That could be a decent story, but as a guy who doesn't read any X-books I worry about how easy it will be for a person like me to get into. I'm not much of a marvel guy period at this point, but I can still read the Avengers titles and still be pretty much up on what's going on with the MU.

If you make this the event then I'm forced to pick up the loads of different X-titles or not read it at all, and I know odds are I'd just back out of Marvel until it passed.

Admittedly it does sound like a fun story for those of you already reading the X-books though.

rescura
04-27-2008, 08:33 PM
I think it'd be interesting to finally see the war between humans and mutants. I know there are so few left, but what if something started triggering the empowerment of the depowered mutants? That could strike fear again into a portion of the human race, which could lead to something which leads to something else which leads to there finally be a war. The Avengers caught in the middle, all the other superhero teams who have ignored the discrimination and treatment of mutants in the past could finally be put to the test, which side would they stand on. The struggle of mutants and the pov of human race which is come face to face again with their replacements. I'd read it.

That would be so cool! I would love it, but under the condition that it doesn't change the X-books publicated AGAIN... C'mon, we hardly reach the #50 now and boom, crisis, new status-quo for the mutants, new books,all new! That sucks...
And also, no Bendis or Millar on it... Maybe Ed Bru... :rolleyes:

Wild Card13
04-27-2008, 10:02 PM
I had also heard that Slott's Reckoning War story was going ahead, which will be interesting to see. It's been germinating almost as long as Bendis has been building Secret Invasion; he claims that there have been plot hooks for it in almost everything he's written for the past few years.

That said, we also seem to have some mystical event building up, what with the fall of Dr. Strange, the resurgence of Doom as a magical power, and of course the Mystic Arcana series. I think it's a given that we'll continue to get X-events and cosmic events. I'm actually a little sad about X-Men events becoming segregated again; I was rather hoping that their prominence in House of M would start to make the rest of the Marvel universe more concerned about mutant affairs. That way, the Marauders would have to deal with more than just the X-Men...

In any case, my bet is on Reckoning War. I figure it'll be smaller and shorter, as others have said, but again it would seem that Marvel won't let their newly stirred pot sit for even one year...

Mr.EZ
04-27-2008, 10:44 PM
All the heroes turn evil and the villains have to protect the normals from their former protectors.

nicktem
04-28-2008, 06:17 AM
I had also heard that Slott's Reckoning War story was going ahead, which will be interesting to see. It's been germinating almost as long as Bendis has been building Secret Invasion; he claims that there have been plot hooks for it in almost everything he's written for the past few years.

That said, we also seem to have some mystical event building up, what with the fall of Dr. Strange, the resurgence of Doom as a magical power, and of course the Mystic Arcana series. I think it's a given that we'll continue to get X-events and cosmic events. I'm actually a little sad about X-Men events becoming segregated again; I was rather hoping that their prominence in House of M would start to make the rest of the Marvel universe more concerned about mutant affairs. That way, the Marauders would have to deal with more than just the X-Men...

In any case, my bet is on Reckoning War. I figure it'll be smaller and shorter, as others have said, but again it would seem that Marvel won't let their newly stirred pot sit for even one year...

I agree that there will always be X-events and Cosmic events running parallel to the main Marvel event but the way i see it is, if the Reckoning War starts in space then it would have to tie Marvel-earth with Marvel-space, which might be the next big War since the Infinity Gauntlet. Which if done right, could be very cool. However, i doubt Dan Slott has the ability to weave a grand cosmic space opera in the same scale as Starlin's Infinity saga or Giffen's Annihilation.

That said, i dont believe the next big event will be a magic one, it might be but i cant see Doom leading the charge or anything like that. And other then Strange there isn't anyone else at the moment powerful in magic on Earth (Adam Warlock obviously excluded) to save the day, obviously they will building up Noh-varr to be a lead charachter, however this will probably take place in SI...then again they might do what they did with Wraith in Conquest....nothing!

I think the next big event will be something in the vein of Atlantis Attacks. As Marvel have said Namor will be on the rise in 2008/2009 and with the conclusion of his mini, with the entire Atlantenean population taking root as a massive sleeper cell around the world, i think this will be a nice springboard for them to do something with Namor. And maybe Doom will help....maybe with magic. And seeing as a theme of trust has been running through CW and SI, "cant trust your friends", "who do you trust", etc, something like "cant trust my neighbours because they could be angry fishmen that want to kill me, or maybe a left over skrull from the Invasion that wants to be me or an unregistered superhero who the goverment says i should be scared of" sounds like a plan to me!
As the big events are made to bring back interest in unpopular charachters, or charachters who have potential but that dont pick the readers interest and Marvel are good at being nostalgic, something like a Atlantis Attacks 2 would be right up their alley.

Mr. Earl Brooks
04-28-2008, 08:10 AM
In 2009 the Marvel Zombies will invade the Marvel Apes Universe.

In 2010 the Marvel Zombie Apes will invade the 616 Universe. That's when the **** hits the fan.

hawkeye comeback
04-28-2008, 08:48 AM
i would prefer for no events until 2011
i think event's should work like this:
1. event
2. half a year to a year of storys about fallout of big event
3. 2 years of story's maybe some build up to event
4. build up half a year to...
5. event

i guess something to do with wanda maximoff would be pretty cool and I think a story where there is a big group of villains trying to take over marvel earth would be sweet.

what's the reckoning war about?

PaxHouse
04-28-2008, 09:31 AM
....Although we'll learn what Marvel's planning for 2009/2010; there's one thing that I personally care about for '09.....

And that's the year in which the {original} POWER PACK made their debut into the MU 25 years ago.....:cool: :biggrin: