PDA

View Full Version : June Cover and Solict for BoP #119

Alexx1
03-17-2008, 03:02 PM
http://images.comicbookresources.com/solicits/dccomics/200806/dcu/BOP-Cv119_solicit.jpg

Written by Tony Bedard
Art by Nicola Scott & Doug Hazlewood
Cover by Stephane Roux

Huntress is sent by Oracle to spy on the situation of an old friend…leading Black Canary to send a clear message to her old teammates: Back off!
On sale June 18 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

I was hoping we'd get to see Black Canary again. I didn't have this in mind. Tony, I'm looking foward to you and Nicola Scott's run and I have to admit, I'm intrigued by the brief synopsis.

Is this a one time appearance by Black Canary or is there a chance she'll show up a few times in the near future?

I'm a big Huntress fan and I hope you'll let her kick some ass and bring the pain like only Huntress can. The fill in you did for #110 was one of my favorite BoP issues and I felt like you had Huntress's independent streek and personality down pact. I also enjoyed the Babs/Helena dynamic you had going and felt like you had a good grasp on their relationship at the time. I was also wondering if you'll be exploring the ladies personal friendships/relationships more as oppose to just their work relationship? That's something thats been missing a little lately, IMO and I was just wondering if you'd be bringing that aspect of the book back? Anyway, I'm glad you're the new writer and best of luck.

Tony Bedard
03-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Actually, issue 119 begins with a cool Huntress scene, and I consider her the Bird's principal ass-kicker at the moment. We'll also see some more of Helena's day-job as my run gets underway.

Johnny_Luck
03-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Actually, issue 119 begins with a cool Huntress scene, and I consider her the Bird's principal ass-kicker at the moment. We'll also see some more of Helena's day-job as my run gets underway.

:) :) :) :) --insert 11 more smilies they won't let me use) --Me Happy Me Happy

then again Manhunter on the cover means she sticking around and honestly it just feels like shes there to not be in limbo til the issues with her title is fixed. She ever add much at all to the book and takes up time I give to plenty of more valuable women out there that be good for the team.

Alexx1
03-20-2008, 06:54 PM

Dude that sounds AWESOME, especially the day-job aspect which I assume means her teaching.

Huntress is SO kick-ass. That's beautiful, man!Yo, I can't wait for your run to begin.

And I share your happiness and excitement too, Johnny Luck!

David Atkins
03-20-2008, 11:28 PM
I get to read BoP again, Yay. :)

Pixie_Solanas
03-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Sounds good! All I can ask for is more Zinda, less Misfit!

Please?

Anyway, i'm stoked.

Johnny_Luck
03-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Sounds good! All I can ask for is more Zinda, less Misfit!

Please?

Anyway, i'm stoked.

I rather less zinda more anyone.

Pixie_Solanas
03-24-2008, 10:29 AM
I rather less zinda more anyone.

Ergh, why?

Zinda best embodies the feminine spirit as espoused by BoP.

And she's got killer gams and the best damn costume out there. Pilot hat, short skirt, tall boots. Sweeet.

And you do not want more Misfit. She's the Sam of Diffrent Strokes. The annoying little character brought onboard to add "youthful flavor" to the mix, and generally annoys the core audience to no end.

Johnny_Luck
03-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Zinda is a pretty Bland character and until recently has added very little to the group. Even with this latest arc she isn't that impressive as a character.

Misfit on the other hand started out annoying and has grown on not just me but a lot of people to become a likable character, shes a lot more interesting to date than Zinda has been.

P.S. Huntress Costume is the best and Zinda's is okay as best.

Pixie_Solanas
03-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Zinda is a pretty Bland character and until recently has added very little to the group. Even with this latest arc she isn't that impressive as a character.

Misfit on the other hand started out annoying and has grown on not just me but a lot of people to become a likable character, shes a lot more interesting to date than Zinda has been.

P.S. Huntress Costume is the best and Zinda's is okay as best.

Huntress' costume with the goofy facemask? Zuh?

Zinda bland? The girl's over retirement age and still looks like a million bucks. She can also fly and kick serious arse.

That being said, it looks like we'll never agree, esp. on Misfit. I tend not to find screechy adolescent brats "likeable". Hope Black Alice gives her a good kick in her tookus.

Johnny_Luck
03-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Huntress mask is hardly goofy and is easily the coolest thing for superhero costume at the moment. Huntress Mask>Every costume and every mask out in the DC universe. Plus her body costume is brilliant as well.

Also I really don't think Misfit been bratty for a long while now. I got past that she was to begin with and I honestly hope she destroys Black Alice whom is the real annoying bratty one.

and Zinda's Personality overall other than Tony's one shot is pretty horrid.

David Atkins
03-24-2008, 01:09 PM
I like all of the above mentioned characters.

< Jedi Mind Trick > There is room for all of them, and they are all awesome. < /Jedi Mind Trick.>

Sgt. Fuzzy
04-04-2008, 03:41 AM
And you do not want more Misfit. She's the Sam of Diffrent Strokes. The annoying little character brought onboard to add "youthful flavor" to the mix, and generally annoys the core audience to no end.

Wow, and here I thought I was all alone.

I knew I couldn't be the only one that hit something extremely hard every time I saw the words "Dark vengeance" followed by a really stupid hiss. And, well, every other time Misfit appeared on-panel.

I'm really psyched about this, in any case. :D

And geez, our smilies are offensively bad now.

Tony Bedard
04-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Okay, "Dark Vengeance" is a catchphrase that can wear out it's welcome quickly if you're not careful, so I'm trying to go sparingly. But I think Misfit iss actually exactly what the BoP are all about. They take in slightly damaged heroines and build them into full fledged first-stringers. Give her time to grow.