PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Woman #16 (spoilers)

4PointOh
01-23-2008, 11:22 AM
“They’ve given the dragon a name.”

There is something lyrical and ancient about the “What You Do Not Know Yet” preludes at the beginning of each issue of “The Circle,” and part three, “The Wellspring of All Vengeance,” is no different.

The issue begins with Alkyone attempting to persuade Queen Hippolyta not to bring “evil,” a child, into their midst. Hippolyta insists that the child will be a blessing, their salvation (salvation from what exactly has yet to be revealed). When Hippolyta leaves to participate in the events we have come to know as Diana’s birth (events that Hippolyta believes might kill her), we discover Alkyone’s own “weakness” is her own desire for a child (she reveals a Whittle-Baby pendant around her neck, but crushes it when she deems her desires a disease). Alkyone again references this idea of the Amazons as “barren.”

Barren perhaps takes on a different meaning for the Amazons. It might not mean that they are incapable of having children as much as it indicates that they do not have the means; there are no men on Themyscira after all. One could imagine an Amazon offering herself up to Zeus, Ares, Poseidon, Hades or any number of the whorish gods of Olympus if she was so inclined—or even not-so-inclined; long-time WONDER WOMAN readers will remember that Zeus attempted to rape Diana when she refused his advances (WONDER WOMAN #10, volume 2). Though I imagine Athena and Artemis, in particular, were aware of just such possibilities and had a failsafe in effect to help the Olympian dogs keep it in their pants.

The Circle comments on the presence of both a Hunter’s Moon (Artemis’ sign?) and lightning (Zeus’ sign) in the sky at the time and interpret it as the gods’ fear of what is about to transpire. Whether The Circle are simply deluding themselves, misinterpreting the gifts given to Diana as she is born as ill portent, or if the gods truly fear Diana in some way (the Olympians are given to being fickle, devious, and ironic), I do not know. But Alkyone’s observation does not seem entirely untrue.

It was interesting to witness glimpses of Diana’s birth here, seemingly an amalgam of George Perez’s darker, more realistic vision and the whimsical silver-age retelling: Hippolyta’s hands are calloused, bloody, worn, tired, but active and precise; the figure of the infant is standing like in WONDER WOMAN #105, volume one, not prostrate in the sand like in the Perez version.

But the infant is unmoving, and when Hippolyta returns to the city, the other Amazons wonder if the child is still-born. When Hippolyta uncovers the bundle and touches its forehead, the child springs to life and wails. The Circle observes from the brush and bramble, preparing to take the life of the child before it has a chance to take root.

When we return to the present story, The Nazis are destroying Themyscira, taking special pleasure in eradicating Amazonian art and literature. Apparently, sculptures of warrior women and democratic, feminist essays and plays have no place in the “Fatherland.” One Nazi, a woman, questions the necessity for destroying the treasures, but the female opinion also has no place in the Fatherland.

Hippolyta, meanwhile, is making short work of a Nazi scout team and tells the survivors that they should deliver a message to their leader:

“Tell him that my daughter will come for me.”

It is chilling enough to give you Goosebumps.

And so her daughter comes—on a large, floating seashell no less—armed with sword, shield, bow and arrows, an axe, as well as her traditional, mystic weaponry. Ever the warrior, Diana gives the Nazis an opportunity to surrender. The Nazi woman tells her, “You can’t possibly be serious. We are ALL at your strength level, and we are an armed multitude.” The look on Diana’s face at this revelation is priceless. It says, “Sweetie, I will wear you and your Nazi brethren OUT. Try me if you want to.” And at that Diana, along with Tolifhar and his simian soldiers, begin their fight.

“And then the time for words was done.”

Diana destroys a tank with her axe. She cracks a helmeted Nazi skull with her foot. They launch a bomb/missile at her. She pulls out her bow and arrow, and not only shoots the bomb through its handle, but does so at just such an angle that it is returned from whence it came, and explodes when it reaches its destination. Diana is FIERCE! I am so glad that I get to see an intelligent, thinking, competent Diana in these pages; I do not get to see her anywhere else. In JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, she’s typically given the default “wrong answer” position:

WONDER WOMAN: Bruce, Kal, I think we should turn left.

BATMAN: You’re wrong, Diana. I think we should turn right.

SUPERMAN: I agree with Bruce.

*Yawn* I have no interest whatsoever in the character that appears in JLA. She looks like Wonder Woman, but to me, she is really just a cipher composed of someone’s insecurities about women—in Wonder Woman drag. Thank you, but no thank you. The character that appears in WONDER WOMAN comes across as a character that was given a serious amount of thought and respect and, in turn, I feel thought of and respected. It is as simple as that.

A sub-plot with Etta Candy introduces us to a new (?) villain, as Etta breaks into Diana Prince’s apartment and is greeted by a man who looks like the Angle Man (in plain clothing) but whose eyes glow red like Ares’. Could this be the new Duke of Deception?

When we return to Themyscira, Diana suggests a change in strategy, and she and her allies head for the jungle. We discover that Hippolyta has been wounded and her steed murdered. Two Nazi scouts talk about how they wish they had the opportunity to meet Diana because they’d “know how to make good use of her.” One of them says, “Exactly. I mean, I’d be all, ‘Oh great Princess Hardbody, won’t you please oh please tie me up with your golden bondage rope,’ and she’d be all…” He never got to finish his sentence because he received his wish. Diana leaps from the bushes and shows him The Truth. The Lasso is no joke. You should see the fear in that Nazi’s eyes once he sees it up close and personal. Suddenly, all traces of sexual desire vanish. Given how Wonder Woman has been depicted in other media, I cannot tell you how much I appreciated this scene.

Meanwhile, The Circle, in Nazi captivity, have broken free and killed their captors. They believe Hippolyta to be dead and blame Diana. Diana, meanwhile, is told by the Nazi sexist where Hippolyta is. Hippolyta, wounded but undaunted, collapses in Diana’s arms.

The Dodsons’ art, particularly in the final panel, is beautiful. They get an art assist by Ron Randall in this issue. And while stylistically different, Randall’s Diana is strong, capable, and confident as well.

I am eagerly awaiting the final chapter in this story which promises to be anything but pretty when Diana discovers the truth about her birth and finally confronts The Circle.

This was an entirely entertaining and energetic read.

Spiffy
01-23-2008, 02:48 PM
If the entire topic is labeled for Spoilers I don't think the spoiler tagging is necessary...

CarolStrick
01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
"New villain?" You didn't recognize Simon Williams, aka Wonder Man???!

"I'm not supposed to be here," he says. HAH!

Miss Kitty Fantastico
01-24-2008, 07:48 PM
"New villain?" You didn't recognize Simon Williams, aka Wonder Man???!
Heh, that was my first thought as well. Green suit over yellow turtleneck though - I never thought I'd say this, but dude, go back to the leisure suit jacket. I'm still not much of a fan of the DMA side of the book, but at least it's moving somewhere rather than just spinning its wheels while Diana's off elsewhere.

Speaking of Diana, you can't deny Gail Simone gets her. The storytelling is modern, rational - but there's a mythological feel to her that puts her in the company of Odysseus and Hercules (the real one). When she showed up on the beach, alone, decked out in all her weapons, I really believed the super-Nazis' fear of her - even without remembering she'd have gorilla backup, I truly believed she was going to kick their arses all over the island. Simone makes Wonder Woman more than just another superhero - she's legendary.

Continuing from last issue, I like how she uses the lasso too - I'm not well-versed enough in earlier Wonder Woman to know if what she's doing with it has been done before, but it really works for me. It's not just a goofy gimmick, it's a weapon, and if you're facing it, you fear it.

I really liked the humanity of the story as well - it's not just about a hero beating up villains because that's how comics go, it's a daughter knowing her mother is in danger, and coming to help her, be there hell or high water in her way. Just like old myths, Diana may be made from clay, brought to life by the gods, and nothing like an ordinary person, but she's pure humanity.

Bored at 3:00AM
01-25-2008, 12:07 AM
I've never subscribed to the theory that a woman was better suited to writing WW than men anymore than men, but Gail's take on the comic has given me cause to reconsider this a bit.

I am shocked that nobody prior to this had thought of the idea that, on an island full of women unable to bear children, the creation of a newborn baby would lead to violence. It's a fascinating and compelling idea to explore.

I hope the female perspective Gail has brought to the book continues to breed ideas as interesting as this one. And the protagonist remains as compelling as she's been since Gail's come on board.

Shame about the Dodson's not being able to complete the whole issue though. It was extremely jarring to have the art switch up like that. Unless I'm mistaken, that was Ron Randal filling in. I've never been particularly fond of his work.

IamtheRock3
01-25-2008, 04:42 AM
if they went with the futurerama amazon method this whole promblem could be solve

titanfan
01-25-2008, 01:05 PM
I am shocked that nobody prior to this had thought of the idea that, on an island full of women unable to bear children, the creation of a newborn baby would lead to violence. It's a fascinating and compelling idea to explore.

I never even knew that all of the Amazon women were unable to bear children...isn't that new?

Powerboy
01-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Your post summed it up for me.

drwho
01-25-2008, 03:39 PM
How does this fit with Granny Goodnesses amazons? Are they on their own island? Is Hypolyta still crazy?

TROUBLEZ
01-25-2008, 05:02 PM
I thought it was Superboy-Prime. Anyway, I liked the issue but considering the Dodsons are leaving in a couple issues it would be nice if they would have done the whole issue or put Randals name on the cover credits.

Good story, but I'm already disappointed that my favorite artists are leaving my new favorite title AND the comic wasn't entirely drawn by them.

IamtheRock3
01-25-2008, 05:05 PM
How does this fit with Granny Goodnesses amazons? Are they on their own island? Is Hypolyta still crazy?

I think Gail trying to ignore that as much as possible without reconning it

Samuraixsithlord
01-25-2008, 11:30 PM

Granny and her amazons havn't taken over yet i believe.

But seriously are they going to let Diana's mom get away with war crimes?

Sean Whitmore
01-26-2008, 12:54 AM

I don't even know what it is she's supposed to be ignoring, so more power to her.

I liked the issue a lot. My one complaint would be that's it's a bit too soon to be teasing the possibility of Hippolyta's death. She was JUST resurrected, for pete's sake.

SEAN

Chiroptera
01-26-2008, 08:17 AM
I never even knew that all of the Amazon women were unable to bear children...isn't that new?

By Gail's on statement it's not that amazon's CAN'T bear children. Barren doesn't mean to them what it means to us.
Barren to them most likely means the Island Barren of a necessary ingredient to make said children (I.E. Men).

I loved this issue, particularly Wondy's turning the lasso on the sexist neo-nazi soldier. That was hilarious after so many years of peoples fantasizing. :D

Knightmare10880
01-26-2008, 09:39 AM
This is what I hate about buying monthly titles and why I switched to trades for the big 2 and buy singles for the smaller guys.

Just when everything is hating up the issue comes to an end. I want just wait for the trade but Gail's writing just keeps bringing me back for more. I think Gail writes the best version of Wonder Woman I've ever read and I can't wait to see what she has up her sleve next. I know that for me personally I can't wait to "hear" how Donna and Cassie "sound" with Gail handling them and I hope that Gail bring the Wonder Family back together again sometime in the future.

Chiroptera
01-26-2008, 01:15 PM
This is what I hate about buying monthly titles and why I switched to trades for the big 2 and buy singles for the smaller guys.

Just when everything is hating up the issue comes to an end. I want just wait for the trade but Gail's writing just keeps bringing me back for more. I think Gail writes the best version of Wonder Woman I've ever read and I can't wait to see what she has up her sleve next. I know that for me personally I can't wait to "hear" how Donna and Cassie "sound" with Gail handling them and I hope that Gail bring the Wonder Family back together again sometime in the future.

You're not the only one, Knight! I REALLY wanna see Gail work on Cassie and Donna some and see if she can rekindle my interest in them as characters.

4thHorseman
01-26-2008, 01:20 PM
I liked the issue a lot. My one complaint would be that's it's a bit too soon to be teasing the possibility of Hippolyta's death. She was JUST resurrected, for pete's sake.

SEAN

That was the only problem I had too. I doubt she'll die, but still, even hinting at it seems a bit cheap.

Knightmare10880
01-26-2008, 04:02 PM
You're not the only one, Knight! I REALLY wanna see Gail work on Cassie and Donna some and see if she can rekindle my interest in them as characters.

trust me when I say that if anyone can fix the mess that is Cassie and make her the character we all know and love it's Gail. I hope that some time after these bigger story arcs she can do a day in the life type story to focus on Diana and her relationships with Hippolyta, Donna and Cassie. Personally I think any reconnection between the characters has to involve Donna, she's the rock of that family and it seems to me that she is one of the most loved and respected characters in the DC Universe. I just Donna get a chance to shine as something other then "den mother" supreme.

ForEverAncien
01-26-2008, 11:49 PM
While Gail invoke the charm of Healing to the WW's book.

I am not surprised, that no one has spoken about, the current mini-series being held for Wonder girl, possibility finished by now.

mgs
01-27-2008, 04:06 PM
This was a great read. I like how Gail and co. and handling things.

Kage Kisaragi
01-27-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm loving the story so far, but im getting tired of the underline agenda of the writer and her need to keep force feeding us scenes where female characters seem to be neutral or bystanders to the evil male dominate regime. Example in this issue a female soldier for those nazi's is making comments on how a statue looks great, and almost roman except for the pose and the male captain is like. "Destroy it!"... then goes on to talk about how they found this impressive library of arts and literature, male response is to "Burn it." ... yeah this wasn't the first time I've noticed this, it was peppered in the previous two issues as well.

Hawkman
01-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I kind of have to agree, Kage. I love Gail's work on pretty much everything she does, but I'd imaging Nazis are Nazis. Seems like I'm almost supposed to feel sympathetic towards some of the lady Nazis in this sometimes, however. I realize women are generally gentler and more nurturing by nature, but the contrast to their male counterparts just felt a tad blatant to me in this issue.

Nevertheless, though, Wonder Woman is finally and unequivocally awesome now. The scene where she came up onto of the beach was quite simply spectacular. Been waiting for a moment like that since the relaunch. Better still, McKeever has picked up the slack almost flawlessly over in Birds, so my fear of trading one great book in for another hasn't even managed to come to fruition. Instead, I'm left with two great books to look forward to each month. How can you beat that?

Magneto_X
01-27-2008, 09:24 PM
My impression of that scene was that Tabitha (IIRC) could have wanted the knowledge to reuse for their own organisation.

Imagine what damage they'd do with a reverse engineered Purple Ray! :eek:

They could even add Amazonian magic to their arsenal.

This doesn't make her less evil then her male boss. I'd say it makes her more dangerous.

edit: Sign me up for seeing this female Nazi again after The Circle.

Sean Whitmore
01-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Imagine what damage they'd do with a reverse engineeed Purple Ray! :eek:

Didn't they do the Purple Death Ray in Infinite Crisis? Or am I misremembering?

SEAN

Magneto_X
01-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Didn't they do the Purple Death Ray in Infinite Crisis? Or am I misremembering?

SEAN

That doesn't matter.

Everything gets recycled in super-hero comics.

Gail Simone
01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm loving the story so far, but im getting tired of the underline agenda of the writer and her need to keep force feeding us scenes where female characters seem to be neutral or bystanders to the evil male dominate regime. Example in this issue a female soldier for those nazi's is making comments on how a statue looks great, and almost roman except for the pose and the male captain is like. "Destroy it!"... then goes on to talk about how they found this impressive library of arts and literature, male response is to "Burn it." ... yeah this wasn't the first time I've noticed this, it was peppered in the previous two issues as well.

Heh.

I don't think so, frankly, and a HUGELY awful female villain is coming.

The truth about Tabitha is, all the Nazis were looking sort of similar in their helmets and I needed someone to definitely look different from the team leader. No agenda at all except clarity. And she is also the last true believer, as will be seen shortly.

I like guys. :)

Gail

Wonder Watcher
01-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Of course the Nazi's were historically great appreciators of ancient art, particularly when it belonged to someone else. They certainly looted enough from Italy and elsewhere in the war. But one could easily argue that this particular individual took it upon himself that art produced by the Amazons was 'unworthy', as Gail has.

I do wonder how Nazi's square 'master race' with the power of the Amazons, you'd think that might upset their paradigm a bit. All the more reason to eliminate them one suspects.

#16 was a very good read, I must admit I'm still not a fan in principle of a darkening of Diana's origin but it's creating a great story. And Hippolyta is simply brilliant.

The reference to La Venere di Botticelli was a very nice touch, Diana being the physical embodiment of Venus as she is.

Another issue too where the power of the lasso is shown and how petrified people with evil in their souls (rightly) are of it.

I think the new villain is the Duke of Deception, whoever it is probably knows Wonder Woman's secret ID.

Kage Kisaragi
01-28-2008, 06:03 PM
First let me just die a little more as what has recently become one of my worst fears has come to pass. A actual well known writer for a comic book to which I read has responded to something I said. :o

Sigh, Anyway. Thank you for setting me straight Gail, I was probably just looking to deeply into the matter and reading something that wasn't there (I tend to do that sometimes.) Thanks for the reply and I look forward to reading the rest of your work on Wonder Woman.

Fatguy
01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I liked the issue quite a bit. I wasnt the biggest fan of the first Gail issue, but man, that's turned around. This is EASILY the most entertaining Wonder Woman title I have ever read. I've tried to like the character so many times, but it never happened. Even the Rucka run, which so many people liked, I never made past 2 issues.

Good stuff.

Gail Simone
01-29-2008, 05:19 AM
First let me just die a little more as what has recently become one of my worst fears has come to pass. A actual well known writer for a comic book to which I read has responded to something I said. :o

Sigh, Anyway. Thank you for setting me straight Gail, I was probably just looking to deeply into the matter and reading something that wasn't there (I tend to do that sometimes.) Thanks for the reply and I look forward to reading the rest of your work on Wonder Woman.

No, no, no, PLEASE don't give it a second thought. I always think it's a bit unfair popping into a perfectly reasonable discussion to 'correct' a reader's perception but in this case I couldn't resist. In fact, Tabitha's lines were actually written verbatim for a male character, but as I said, the Nazis were hard to distinguish from another. It's a perfectly reasonable theory you proposed, it just happens that it wasn't the actual motive for the character's perspective or gender, that's all. No worries at all and please feel free to continue to post your true feelings, that's what CBR is for and I take no offense at all.

And to Wonder Watcher, you're absolutely right about the REAL Nazis appreciation for (and theft of) genuine art treasures, but again, these people are nothing but degraded little twits who have no understanding of history, like the real-life Neo-nazi idiots who exist today.

I'm glad people are having a good time. We're doing some stuff soon that should delight any DC Universe fan, but that's all I'll say for now. ;)

Gail

Gail Simone
01-29-2008, 05:20 AM
I liked the issue quite a bit. I wasnt the biggest fan of the first Gail issue, but man, that's turned around. This is EASILY the most entertaining Wonder Woman title I have ever read. I've tried to like the character so many times, but it never happened. Even the Rucka run, which so many people liked, I never made past 2 issues.

Good stuff.

I think Greg's run was epic and quite rightly hailed as a classic, but I am delighted you're enjoying what we're doing!

Gail

Crenshaw
01-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Semantics are key whenever people are being executed for biological impulses. Acting on those biological impulses and subsequently calling on divine intervention to make them a reality could warrant a coup. So, is there a finer fictional stateswoman than Hippolyta? "I give you your princess." "I give you our daughter." I think not.
You know what's really annoying? When someone (namely Diana) uses "The time for words was done" to begin a very lengthy internal monologue which covers up a great deal of space which could be used to elaborate this most righteous battle. The time for talk, most certainly finished. But what's the point of the line in the first place? Wonder Woman's internal monologue describes a prayer, and it's a prayer I wouldn't want to see go because it's that self-contained explanation of the superhero ethic that she's been laboring under since killing Maxwell Lord. So right, "talk" would be better than "word" but, as I'm holding a comic that's six days off-press, it's kind of a moot point. That said, if the line stands, I get the image of unblemished Dodson art, which is an equally enticing concept.
Also, I'm really crazy about this juxtaposition of Diana with lasso and Alkyone (bald lady) with chain. So yeah. She's close to that place she was in when she killed Maxwell Lord.
Just like this issue and it's proximity to awesomeness.

TROUBLEZ
02-01-2008, 09:22 PM
After forgetting the last page of the issue with Captain Nazi, I was expecting an issue with a bunch of Nazi Soldiers with his power and this big war between Wonder Woman and her few allies and them.
The issue was still good except for the middle lacking the advertised Dodsons but that's what I was expecting. I didn't even see these super strength Nazi's doing anything intimidating or scary. They sounded like goofballs.

Neal R
02-02-2008, 03:31 PM
I think Greg's run was epic and quite rightly hailed as a classic, but I am delighted you're enjoying what we're doing!

Gail

I'm just now getting back into following single issues after a long hiatus. The last time I picked up a Wonder Woman issue was circa 100 of the last series when John Byrne took over.

Number 13 of this version was the first I've picked up since. For a reader with no understanding of past events, I'm having no trouble following this at all. And I'm sticking around.

I was aware of Greg Rucka's run on this title and I'll have to catch up. Between the novels (which is how I found him) and the comics, he's very hard on the wallet.

d newton
02-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Here's my list of best WW writers other than Gail:
1 - Perez / Rucka [tie].
2 - Jimenez (V2 issues 164 to 188)
3 - Pfiefer / J Torres (V3 issues 5, 11 to 13).
4 - Priest (Legends of the DC Universe 30 to 32).
5 - Heinberg / Picoult (V3 issues 1 to 4 / 6 to 10).

d newton
02-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Trust me when I say that if anyone can fix the mess that is Cassie and make her the character we all know and love, it's Gail.
I wasn't aware that there was a mess which needed to be fixed for Cassie. :confused:

Johnny_Luck
02-03-2008, 06:27 AM
I wasn't aware that there was a mess which needed to be fixed for Cassie. :confused:

Cassie is easily the most awesome, kick ass and enjoyable of the Wonders, but theres a lot of hate for her on things like the dc boards and such which is sad. People say she whines way too much when in reality 52 was a human and understandable reaction in her world and ours to the Death of Her Boyfriend and long time teamate and she really never whined until about TT issue 44 and now mixes whining with as of issue 55 being a complete jerk to her friends and even telling her only true friend she was worthless.

People are also way stuck on Peter David and YJ even though it wasn't as great as they are making it out to be. Geoff took Superboy and made him likable for the first time ever, Made Bart Allen IMHO the only fun flash I have ever seen and made Cassie a kick butt character whom matured over time. Geoff had them grow up and mature a bit and it seems like some people cannot get over the fact that teens do grow and mature as they get older and thus are not the exact same as they were in Davids YJ.

Also Post OYL Titans Cassie used her Anger to make her more powerful, more cool, but that seems to have disappeared, we need that back, the anger was good. However, the whining, crying, and being a jerk thing is not.

Seans doing great on Birds but his first issue of doing Cassie character rather than action wise wasn't even close to being on target. She really needs to just completely get over Conner for good, move on, aplogize to kara and use her strength to become the strongest and coolest titan on the team.

Honestly a Supergirl and Cassie Team Duo Book would be godly if drawn by someone like Churchill, Eddy Barrows, Tony Daniels, or Sean Chen because other than that one character wrecking moment in AA supergirl and WG are always amazing and entertaining when on the same page teaming together.

I really don't think it be that hard to correct the little things that have made Cassie annoying and unlikable as of late. However, it just seems like no writer wants to do it or will get it done. Honestly I really don't think Gail would be the answer, the answer would be the one to do it over time, but as quickly as possible and most likely in the TT title. The Reason Gail probably wouldn't be the one to do it is because I don't think connecting cassie and Diana closer together is going to help the overall picture or be good for the character of Cassie. Thats not really the problem at the moment. Plus Diana has kind of shunned Cassie pretty bad as of recent years, so why would Cassie want to be closer to WW?

and Honestly with all the Unwarrented hate I see for her on the dc boards and a few others it worries me that she might be the next titan to die in Final crisis and she definately shouldn't.

P.S. I just picked up WW16 and probably won't have a chance to read it for a while.

Stanlos
02-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm just now getting back into following single issues after a long hiatus. The last time I picked up a Wonder Woman issue was circa 100 of the last series when John Byrne took over.

Number 13 of this version was the first I've picked up since. For a reader with no understanding of past events, I'm having no trouble following this at all. And I'm sticking around.

I was aware of Greg Rucka's run on this title and I'll have to catch up. Between the novels (which is how I found him) and the comics, he's very hard on the wallet.

Boy am I jealous of you! You are reading Rucka's WONDER WOMAN for the FIRST TIME! And you are totally sidestepping that 30 day wait between issues because you are reading it in TRADE!!!!

WOW!

princesa
02-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Gail is really weaving a terrific tale. Mythic in scope.