PDA

View Full Version : MIDOHIOCON... will it continue...?

Stuart Sayger
01-22-2008, 10:42 AM
HELLO ALL!..
I thought that I should forward this message that I received from Roger Price, promoter of the MidOhioCon. It seems that Roger will no longer be promoting the convention and that it's continues existance is now in question.... I've cut and pasted the message in it's entirety...

After 27 years, the time has come for me to announce my retirement as the promoter of Mid-Ohio-Con.

The difficult decision to take this action is based solely on personal reasons, including a desire to pursue several new professional opportunities.

The show itself remains viable, and it is my sincere hope that Mid-Ohio-Con will continue under new ownership. To that end, R.A.P. Promotions will entertain offers from seriously interested parties starting immediately. Those wishing to obtain additional information and submit an offer are asked to first contact me in writing either via e-mail at info@midohiocon.com, or at PO Box 3831, Mansfield, Ohio 44907.

Since creating Mid-Ohio-Con in 1980, I have had the unique opportunity to watch a small, local gathering of comic book fans and collectors grow into one of the most popular events of its kind in America. During that time I have been blessed with more wonderful life experiences and treasured friendships than I could have ever imagined.

Special thanks must go to my inner circle of family and friends who have given so much to support me and Mid-Ohio-Con. The success and popularity of Mid-Ohio-Con is a testament to all of you.

My sincere thanks to all of the retailers, exhibitors, industry professionals and media personalities who have participated in and supported Mid-Ohio-Con over the years. It has been an honor to work with every one of you.

Finally, to all the thousands of fans and collectors who have become such an important part of the Mid-Ohio-Con family, thank you for allowing me the privilege of entertaining you over the years. I hope we will see each other again in the very near future.

Sincerely,
Roger A. Price
R.A.P. Promotions

Billy Cooper
01-23-2008, 08:13 AM
i hope someone steps up and takes it over. midohiocon was my first bigger show and my favorite every year.

Stuart Sayger
01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
I think that I heard you talking about putting on a convention of your own, Billy... maybe YOU should be the guy to continue the MOC...?!

Billy Cooper
01-23-2008, 03:10 PM
...in indianapolis. i've been doing some research.:evilsmile

mid indiana con has a nice ring to it.

Stuart Sayger
01-24-2008, 03:14 AM
Hey.. Billy.. when am i coming to sign at this shop of yours..? gimme the low-down!

Billy Cooper
01-24-2008, 06:17 AM
saturday, may 3rd 2008?:D

Stuart Sayger
01-24-2008, 12:44 PM
guhh.. I would love to.. but i can't.. I'm going to be at the childrens museum doing something for them on that day.. ( you know.. this free comics day thing is pretty great, but it also drives me nuts as every comic shop in america asks for that day.. and that day only.. it's crazy!)

Billy Cooper
01-24-2008, 06:59 PM
totally understand sir. i'm just always looking for max traffic. we'll get something worked out soon i'm sure.

billy