PDA

View Full Version : An Unusual suggestion

stealthwise
01-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Would it be worth considering the creation of a forum (or several subforums) where the discussion is focused primarily on trade paperbacks/compilations/collections? I find that the discussion is often focused on the single issues, which is fine, and that people tend to discuss certain comics within the first week or two of release, but that discussion of the collections are few and far between, either because many people have already read the entire arc in singles format, so the discussion has been "worn out" (that's my theory for why many don't start new threads on, say, Ultimate Spider-Man volume X) or because trades aren't often a "must have" purchase on their release day, due to their longer shelf life and the prevalence of online stores that make it more convenient to pick up a particular volume whenever one feels like it.

Whew, that above sentence is LONG.

Anyways, an idea worth considering?

mattbib
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
I don't know that a forum devoted to trades would generate any more discussion than a thread devoted to said trade on the appropriate forum.

I personally think someone wanting to discuss an Avengers trade would want to do so on the Avengers forum (and they're free to) instead of going to another forum altogether.

COMIC GEEK
01-20-2008, 04:07 AM
folks are still waiting on forums on certain titles still. :)