PDA

View Full Version : Since when does Helena throw a 2 year old hissy on a mission?

Johnny_Luck
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Just finished BOP 110 and seeing Helena go from a smart, mature woman who does what she has to in order to save people to a 2 year old throwing a hissy fit when oracle asked her to run a mission.

I understand they wanted to do a try-out of others thing, be devaluing a character and giving her charateistics and actions she has never and would never have is ridculous. and insults the integrity of said character.

Other than that the story was solid and nicola is a good artist whom just rubs me the wrong way with her huntress to the point were I like it less and less with each issue. (which is said cause back in 106 it looks like she might be improving on that aspect)

Like i said good story, bad way about going and getting it done.

Johnny_Luck
10-07-2007, 05:20 AM
I take it not a lot of birds fans visit tony's section?

Anyways its wierd I loved Tony's Black Canary mini, absolutely hated how he portrayed Kara, but though story wise and in the second half of BOP 110 character wise did an excellent job on birds. I tend to like he birds character tree stuff more than anything.

:Okay just re-read it and wasn't as bad as I rember being the first read through.

Tony Bedard
10-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks for re-reading it, Johnny.

My take on Helena is that she is a pretty irascible character. A loose cannon. A bull in a china shop. Not because she's stupid, but because she is aggressive. I always thought that was one of her main character traits. And she didn't want to break off from that pursuit because a bus load of children were in danger right there in front of her. Surely, Oracle must have someone else to call on for whatever the emergency was. Once she handled her emergency, she took care of Oracle's.

Everybody wins.

saintsaucey
10-19-2007, 12:57 AM
tony don't mind mr. luck he's prety unpopular on gails forum for a reason