PDA

View Full Version : The Long Halloween *spoilers*

Gotham
08-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Page 72
Middle panel

I NEVER noticed that my first time reading it! If you look closely you'll see it and understand.

Is that Alberto?

Superbeast
08-31-2007, 06:51 PM
No picture = no point of reference = > thread.

Gotham
08-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Page 72 middle panel?

Superbeast
08-31-2007, 06:57 PM
I know the one you mean, I'm just saying those of us who doin't have either the series or somewhat overpriced graphic novel won't be able to appreciate your comment.

Greg Anderson
08-31-2007, 07:27 PM
HAHA! I never noticed that!!

the goddamn batman
08-31-2007, 11:51 PM
I don't see it. Please explain.

The Zapper
08-31-2007, 11:52 PM
without a pic I can't tell you. I have the original issues, so if you can tell me what issue and page and panel it is in there, then I could take a look.

the goddamn batman
09-01-2007, 01:34 AM
It's the black panel in the middle of page (I think) 14.

And it's not the middle panel you should be looking at, it's the panels on either side of it. Look at the cop.

I always saw that, but talking about the middle panel, I thought I missed something.

Trey
09-01-2007, 07:30 PM
the cop on the left panel is Loeb on the right its Sale.

caboose
10-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Read this again today for the first time in ages. Some thoughts...

Its actually nowhere near as good as I remember it being. People round here and on other boards used to slate it and I never got why, but now I do. If you take away the art its actually a very shallow story which makes Batman and Jim Gordon look like idiots.

The revelation to the mystery doesn't explain everything and while that may have been the intention of Loeb/Sale, what you do get isn't even satisfying. Sure the first time you read through its a shocking twist but its like a M. Night Shyamalan film, it just doesn't hold up over time and detracts from the overall experience.

Sale's art is still amazing to look at even if his Batman is OTT and very inconsistently drawn.

When I first read Long Halloween and Dark Victory back to back, Dark Victory was the better of the two in my opinion. I guess i'll read it tomorrow and see...

Liberty Belle Fan
10-23-2007, 01:51 PM
I finally read The Long Halloween a few months back, and I enjoyed the story. If you read Year One the Long Halloween is a nice book to finish up shortly afterwards. I loved the whole Falcone family mystery and how it worked. Overall, the fact that Long Halloween read much more like a detective story than some of the others, really helped enchance that aspect of the Batman mythos.

wordnerd
10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
caboose - i'm a total tim sale fan so i'm rather biased when it comes to his version of batman. sure, there are plenty of flaws in TLH but it's always going to be one of my favourites. when i look at TLH, i see the development of an artist and i really like that.

if nothing else, he draws a damn sexy selina kyle.

Maresk
10-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I met Tim Sale last week and was amazed to see that he looks like Dr. House with an earring.

wordnerd
10-29-2007, 05:18 PM
I met Tim Sale last week and was amazed to see that he looks like Dr. House with an earring.
heheheheheh. he totally knows it too! ;) he's just missing the sexy british accent.

Sean Whitmore
10-30-2007, 04:15 AM
While we're at it, check out Detective Comics #686, third page, bottom left panel. That's King Snake, right?

SEAN