PDA

View Full Version : Lex Luthor stealing forty cakes vs. the Joker stealing a kid's report card

OverMaster
08-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I figure we all have seen these events by now, so I won't post scans yet unless someone says he/she missed them.

Which one of these despicable acts was the absolute worst of the worst? :D

The MunchKING
08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I figure we all have seen these events by now, so I won't post scans yet unless someone says he/she missed them.

Which one of these despicable acts was the absolute worst of the worst? :D

The Baker can make more cakes, That poor kid's dad is NEVER going to beleave he got an A.

Joker's a heartless SUmmabitch.

Vakanai
08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Joker...Joker...

Jammin
08-27-2007, 03:32 PM
I saw the Luther scan already, never heard of Joker stealing a kid's report card though.

When did that happen? :D

Sharpandpointies
08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Luthor was worse. The Joker probably did that poor kid a favour.

SwordChucksMaster78
08-27-2007, 03:39 PM

How so?
*characterlimit*

KingEli
08-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Luthor. Not he stole 40 cakes which equals to 4 Tens he also said that they were pies.

Not only did he steal, he lied.

And That's Terrible.

Captain Morgan
08-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Despite the larger scale of Luthor's plot, Joker's was just sick. And I think we need scans. My old scan expired or something.

Not really.

Mr Blinky
08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Luthor's crime was forgivable. The man just loves pastry. Pastry and power.

On the other hand, the sole purpose for the Joker's crime was to break the spirit of a tiny child.

Plus, what you don't see is that later on he uses the report card to snort Spoiler's ashes...

Sharpandpointies
08-27-2007, 04:01 PM
How so?
*characterlimit*

Maybe the kid was lying about the A's. :) This way he could tell anyone anything. "Yeah, I had straight A's! But the Joker stole my card!"

I don't trust kids. :)

a. non
08-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Let's see...
http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/6705/theflyingfuck2rg.jpg
Joker deprives a child of character-building praise from his parents, leading him to a life of crime

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/potatomattus2/lex.jpg
Lex just saved (let's see, approx 6 slices per cake) 240 people's lives, preventing diabetes, heart disease, ect. For once, Lex is a hero.

Clearly, Joker is the eviler bastard

Angel_Of_Cheese
08-27-2007, 08:49 PM
It is a little know fact the pies Luthor stole where intended for sick orphans, and he didn't even eat them but used them is some hopeless "Pie Superman plot" thus wasting them completely.:D

Truly evil.

As for the kid, his parents probably wouldn't have believed him - "what, you've gone from D's to A's like that? Go to your room for falsifying your report card."

And couldn't he have just, I don't know, asked his teacher to write a note saying what he got, or something?

The Zapper
08-27-2007, 08:53 PM
On one hand, someone isn't getting cake tonight. On the other hand, someone is going to get beat by their father. I think Joker was more evil in this case...as in most cases.

JCAll
08-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Joker is evil. That poor kid had his jaw broken by his abusive father, who obviously didn't believe that the Joker stole his report card.

But Lex is still eviler. Cause he stole those 40 cakes just so he could leave them in that poor kid's hospital room, where he couldn't eat them due to the broken jaw.

The Zapper
08-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Good one JCAll

Nik Hasta
08-28-2007, 04:03 AM
Joker wins purely for his parting line;

"Ha ha! I've made someone cry!"

I'm surprised he didn't run back and lick up the boys tears in his evil glee.

The Dog
08-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Lex Luthor just stole pastries. A pretty poor showing on Lex's part.

Now The Joker didn't just steal a kid's report card. He set out to make the kid cry and shatter his fucking spirit. And I bet later on the bastard made it look like he was going to return it, only to set it on fire and shove it down the kid's shirt.

Because the Joker really is that goddamn evil.

Captain Morgan
08-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Man, you know what? Joker is the most evil villain ever. Its just too cool that the single most evil act committed by villain was preformed in a children's coloring book.

The Zapper
08-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Man, you know what? Joker is the most evil villain ever. Its just too cool that the single most evil act committed by villain was preformed in a children's coloring book.

LOL. You're right. Sometimes it's the simple things in life.

Caswin
08-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Lex Luthor just stole pastries. A pretty poor showing on Lex's part.

Now The Joker didn't just steal a kid's report card. He set out to make the kid cry and shatter his fucking spirit. And I bet later on the bastard made it look like he was going to return it, only to set it on fire and shove it down the kid's shirt.

Because the Joker really is that goddamn evil.That is exactly how I've always felt about these two incidents (and I like to consider them both canon, albeit for very different reasons). It looks petty at first, but for all the murders he's committed, this is something that genuinely shows how just plain NASTY he is.

Don't imagine it in a silly voice or something. Try Mark Hamill at his most evil: [Laughs] "I've made someone cry!" [Continues laughing, maniacal]

Iron_twister
08-28-2007, 02:39 PM
now the cake stealing was awful but the report card stealing takes the cake (yeah, that's right. a pun :p ) here.

GoGo Yubari
08-28-2007, 03:48 PM
So this is the best thread on this board in months. I just felt like noting this.

And my vote goes to Joker because we have direct canon evidence of the repercussions of his evil feat. You Luthor supporters are just preaching fanon and you know it. >(

literally exaggerated
08-28-2007, 03:59 PM
On the one hand, back in the day Luthor was making some ridiculously crazy stuff out of everyday items, so I'm sure that those 40 cakes went to powering some sort of massive anti-Superman apocalypse machine, which in the end was only thwarted because Luthor himself couldn't resist and ate one of the delicious cakes.

On the other, that kid's easily like 12, maybe 13. No kid that age cries in public after losing a report card unless they've got nutty parents who beat them when they don't get an A. And, since the kid was obviously smart enough to get an A, he would have had to have known to run if he saw the Joker, which means the Joker ambushed him to steal that report card. The only way that would happen is if Joker knew beforehand that the kid would, in fact, shortly thereafter have "I am worthless" beaten into him in morse code by a coke-addled father wielding a sock fill with nickels. This is why, in the end, he says he "made someone" cry, not "made you cry" despite clearly being close to the kid- he is referring not just to the boy, but to his father's eventual tears of remorse as he is unable to face himself in the mirror the next morning and feels his self-loathing and guilt increase ever more, as well as the child's children down the line, almost certainly the victims of a dangerous cycle of violence.

The Dog
08-28-2007, 04:16 PM
On the one hand, back in the day Luthor was making some ridiculously crazy stuff out of everyday items, so I'm sure that those 40 cakes went to powering some sort of massive anti-Superman apocalypse machine, which in the end was only thwarted because Luthor himself couldn't resist and ate one of the delicious cakes.

On the other, that kid's easily like 12, maybe 13. No kid that age cries in public after losing a report card unless they've got nutty parents who beat them when they don't get an A. And, since the kid was obviously smart enough to get an A, he would have had to have known to run if he saw the Joker, which means the Joker ambushed him to steal that report card. The only way that would happen is if Joker knew beforehand that the kid would, in fact, shortly thereafter have "I am worthless" beaten into him in morse code by a coke-addled father wielding a sock fill with nickels. This is why, in the end, he says he "made someone" cry, not "made you cry" despite clearly being close to the kid- he is referring not just to the boy, but to his father's eventual tears of remorse as he is unable to face himself in the mirror the next morning and feels his self-loathing and guilt increase ever more, as well as the child's children down the line, almost certainly the victims of a dangerous cycle of violence.

Wow, that's a completely twisted way of thinking about it... And is in character for The Joker. Which means that Joker's not just fucking over ONE generation of this kid's family, but SEVERAL. Just by stealing a single report card.

And that's terrible.

Caswin
08-28-2007, 04:19 PM
On the other, that kid's easily like 12, maybe 13. No kid that age cries in public after losing a report card unless they've got nutty parents who beat them when they don't get an A.He looks more like 10 to me. Anyway, he could be crying for another reason - still probably traceable back to his parents, though, not beating him, but themselves already on the verge of the tears you describe over their seemingly completely unmotivated and socially doomed son. He knows the effect this will have on his parents, and sympathetic young boy that he is, is already crying, the image of his despondent parents already well burned into his mind.

Interesting theory about Luthor, though.

DABishop
08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
If memory served me correctly, those are cakes from Metropolis' ill-fated "Cakes for the Orphans" campaign. On the eve of the distribution of the cakes, Lex Luthor stole 40 of them, which in turn caused 40 orphans to die of shattered hope.

Therefore, Lex wins.

The Real Nemo
08-28-2007, 05:05 PM
now the cake stealing was awful but the report card stealing takes the cake (yeah, that's right. a pun :p ) here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxiJBKxOFi8

mailedbypostman1
11-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Wow, that's a completely twisted way of thinking about it... And is in character for The Joker. Which means that Joker's not just fucking over ONE generation of this kid's family, but SEVERAL. Just by stealing a single report card.

And that's terrible.

Great, he's making me cry now. :frown:

Lasko8734
11-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Mr. Kerr takes this

Farealmer
11-06-2009, 08:47 PM
The report card, to me it's just how personal it is. This isn't like the other things Joker does where he's trying to get attention from Batman or the public and increase his fearful image. Likey nobody outside him and the kid is ever going to know he did it. He did it just to screw with this kid of which he never met before and likey will never meet again.

I just find that action so shocking yet so perfect for the Joker. Random crime at it's most pure.

It looks petty at first, but for all the murders he's committed, this is something that genuinely shows how just plain NASTY he is.

Ditto