PDA

View Full Version : Darwin vs. Lifegaurd

protogarrett
08-22-2007, 07:59 AM
The fact we didn't see Lifegaurd during the whole Shi'ar arc just seemed odd to me, Darwin and her could have had a very interesting battle to the death.

Any ideas on who would win this one?

Dagger
08-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Darwin. Hands down. He doesn't have a crappy codename, plus he can use his powers offensively, plus he survived being only ambient mental energy. Lifeguard survived being turned into a parakeet.

Karl H
08-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Isn't this more suited to the Rumbles Board?

Valeria Kementari
08-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Lifeguard wins if Claremont's writing the fight :p

Still I find her FAR more interesting than Darwin

jarrod
08-22-2007, 08:10 AM
How about they kill each other simultaneously? :D

RickyD410
08-22-2007, 08:10 AM
I dunno. Lifeguard can only change depending on the situation, but her changes are not as subtle as Darwins. When he jumps off a cliff, he just bounces down, but when Lifeguard simply wants to fly, she grows wings. When she sees a villain, she grows armor. And I like Lifeguard's codename way more than Darwin's.

Jmd211
08-22-2007, 08:11 AM
I loved Lifeguard, I thought the brother and sister team on X-treme were great. Loved when Salvador Larroca (sp?) drew them. Seriously bring them and Thunderbird back.

Valeria Kementari
08-22-2007, 08:17 AM
She also looked great, there aren't many Blonde heroines in the MU... although her look was rather bird-like afterwards...

Brian M.
08-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Darwin's a badass. The way he was attacking those Shi'ar gaurds, so damn feracious. Darwin wins.

DDM
08-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Darwin needs to evolve himself into irrelevency. I'm all for Lifeguard to return to the books.

Brian M.
08-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Darwin needs to evolve himself into irrelevency. I'm all for Lifeguard to return to the books.

The only reason you like Lifegaurd is b/c Claremont used it. Any character that gets touched by Claremont isn't automatically better for it.

Deus ex Chris
08-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Haven't we done this before?

Lifeguard fails at life. Darwin does not.

Nevets F
08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Lifeguard is a much better character than Darwin.

Deus ex Chris
08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Steven, why do you say such things???

Hi-Fi
08-22-2007, 08:57 AM
No, Lifeguard has bigger boobs than Darwin.

Dagger
08-22-2007, 09:00 AM
The only reason you like Lifegaurd is b/c Claremont used it. Any character that gets touched by Claremont isn't automatically better for it.
Cecilia Reyes is a victim of him @#$%ing with a character he should never have gotten his greasy hands on!

Karl H
08-22-2007, 09:07 AM
No, Lifeguard has bigger boobs than Darwin.

but I imagine if Darwin was stuck in the Y- the last man universe, he'd grow some as part of his power...

and they'd be the biggest!!!!!!

MartinRedmond
08-22-2007, 09:24 AM
I say whoever's develloped a vehement hatred obsession over a character that has only appeared in a handful of issues so far should lose.

Jack Flash
08-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I say whoever's develloped a vehement hatred obsession over a character that has only appeared in a handful of issues so far should lose.

so everyone loses?

CmX
08-22-2007, 10:20 AM
I really liked the idea of Lifeguard and her design the golden skin etc., I thought she was beautiful and could've been a good character.

But the name Lifeguard ? Seriously when I first realized that was her codename I thought it was a gag/joke but no.. it wasn't... and she didn't have any type of real personality she was just some generic blonde.

But honestly I wouldn't mind Carey walking her around and giving her a personality and making her interesting ala Lady Mastermind.

And Darwin isn't too bad, he's ok. I'm pretty neutral on him.

Mikl C
08-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Larocca and Claremont made Lifeguard FAIL. She was so generic looks wise

A lifeguard? Like on the Tv show? No really! ahaha! That's great!
Girl! Let's dance! Awesome! Be my queen!
Royal Shi'Ar on deck!

Deus ex Chris
08-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Larocca and Claremont made Lifeguard FAIL. She was so generic looks wise

A lifeguard? Like on the Tv show? No really! ahaha! That's great!
Girl! Let's dance! Awesome! Be my queen!
Royal Shi'Ar on deck!
LOL

Baywatch is plaaayed.

Volk1
08-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Armando Munoz for the win - although I don't like his powers...they're just too easy...

Heather Cameron's story is untold and I'd e willing to hear it - so long as TB III is not ivolved and she gains a better personality from what I remembered. She's Australian - she's gotta have some character!!!@@!:)

But if I'm hanging out with a mutant buxom blonde - it's Outlaw. Any day of the week. ;)

Affinity
08-22-2007, 08:20 PM
When I was 12 and I had gotten my FIRST issue of X-Men, it was a $20 dollar trade for the first arc of X-Treme and it was MAD GLOSSY AND SHINY and my mom made me return it the next day at Barnes and Noble and the guy looked at the spine and said "UHHH THERE'S A CREASE" and wouldn't let us return it.

But I thought Lifeguard was the COOLEST THING EVER and so pretty and cool and dazzling and her powers omgah and the hair and the shiiiny liquid colors ohohoho, I just loved her.

But IM SO MUCH SMARTER NOW and that whole bird thing was retarded. She could have just been normal, everything doesn't need to be a subplot-seventeen-years-in-the-making.

Blade X
08-22-2007, 08:29 PM
I say Random kicks both of their butts, since he came out years before they both appeared and has similar powers to them.

SYBERFOX
08-24-2007, 06:25 PM
I Love Lifeguard And I Want Her And Red Lotus To Return As X-men

She Has So Much Potential As Does Threnody

Diablito
08-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I Love Lifeguard And I Want Her And Red Lotus To Return As X-men

She Has So Much Potential As Does Threnody

Red Lotus is the only one you named that has potential. Lifeguard is almost a bigger turd than Sage. And Threnody is blah.

Flâneur
08-24-2007, 10:46 PM
The fact we didn't see Lifegaurd during the whole Shi'ar arc just seemed odd to me, Darwin and her could have had a very interesting battle to the death.

Any ideas on who would win this one?

Given the recent WWH:X-men issue, Darwin would probably just teleport away from Heather's skanky arse.

KidNewWave
08-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Love both of the characters! Put Darwin in Uncanny, Lifeguard in Careys Book....
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1077/765915330_03eb160a5f_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1119/765068421_f34d785c82_o.jpg

Sean Whitmore
08-25-2007, 12:37 AM

so everyone loses?

Keep trying, Martin, you'll make a cogent point someday.

SEAN

Kalen O.
08-25-2007, 12:39 AM
I only needed to smell shit once to know I didn't like it.

Will.S
09-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Keith Giffen's totally gonna do a Starlord 2 mini series and then use Lifeguard to killer her off.

Giffen - 2
Shi'ar female characters in limbo - 0

jester1436
09-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I get the feeling, if Lifeguard and Darwin fought they'd both end up in a powers turned off coma or as a combined blob.

I'd like a good writer to do something with Lifeguard, Slipstream and Thunderbird. Suck the suck out of them.

Callisto
09-13-2007, 09:00 PM
did they even explain why lifegaurd suddenly became all alienish when she went to space.

DDM
09-14-2007, 06:36 AM
did they even explain why lifegaurd suddenly became all alienish when she went to space.

Lifeguard & Slipstream are half-Shi'ar/half human; as a result of Heather's unstable genome, she reverted back to the Shi'ar's ancient ancestory, farther back than Deathbird's own throwback since Heather's face is more of a bird than mammal.

Yes, Heather's genetics had been brought up constantly by Sage.

MartinRedmond
09-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Oops, it would appear I've already nagged about this. I think both characters are cool. At least their not psychotic, angereeh and or whores.

Jase Q
09-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Heather is by far better. Honestly none of those characters (Vulcan, Sway, etc...) were interesting. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Frank
09-18-2007, 06:03 AM
At first I thought she was Cannonball's sister.

jarrod
09-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Sway and Petra were *amazing*. Bru totally saved the wrong two...

protogarrett
09-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Sway and Petra were *amazing*. Bru totally saved the wrong two...

Not sure how you can say that. Not that I disagree, it's just that they had zero character development. FOr those two it has to be based purely on appearence and powers.

protogarrett
12-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Actually, they might just become so powerful they merge into God.

Come To Deathstrike
12-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Au contraire
Darwin is possibly my favourite character at the moment.
His powers are still a bit unexplained
Lifeguard's were just a big old pile of deus ex.

Darwin'd just become a carrier of bird flu.
WINNER!

DDM
12-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Au contraire
Darwin is possibly my favourite character at the moment.
His powers are still a bit unexplained
Lifeguard's were just a big old pile of deus ex.

Darwin'd just become a carrier of bird flu.
WINNER!

Darwin is based on evolution, a concept science still does not understand. In this sense, he is very much a female version of Lifeguard fresh from the Holocaust since he looks emaciated & has no body hair.

Callisto
12-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Lifeguard & Slipstream are half-Shi'ar/half human; as a result of Heather's unstable genome, she reverted back to the Shi'ar's ancient ancestory, farther back than Deathbird's own throwback since Heather's face is more of a bird than mammal.

Yes, Heather's genetics had been brought up constantly by Sage.

..........so why did they suddenly pop up now? and why did she constantly revert from full out big bird to semi big bird?

jarrod
12-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Not sure how you can say that. Not that I disagree, it's just that they had zero character development. FOr those two it has to be based purely on appearence and powers.
They had decent set ups in the DG backups, it wasn't at all just appearance/powerset. Then again, I quite liked Darwin's setup too... it wasn't until Uncanny that the character was thoroughly ruined, so maybe Sway/Petra wouldn't have fared any better. :/

Callisto
12-18-2007, 09:18 AM
i thought petra was a character he definitely should have saved. vulcan? trash? darwin....um boring? atleast lifegaurd had the cool evolving powers PLUS tha look.

Come To Deathstrike
12-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Darwin is based on evolution, a concept science still does not understand. In this sense, he is very much a female version of Lifeguard fresh from the Holocaust since he looks emaciated & has no body hair.

I love how he looks emaciated and has no body hair.
Him and caliban should have a freaky looking mini series
=]

Kage Kisaragi
12-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Lifeguard wins if Claremont's writing the fight :p

Still I find her FAR more interesting than Darwin

Same, there isn't enough Shi'ar representation on Earth. Especially a half human half shi'ar mutant. :)

protogarrett
12-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Personally, as Lifegaurd is of Shiar royalty heritage/bloodline (hence the birdness) I would like to see her interact with Lilandra and Deathbird.