PDA

View Full Version : Are you buying Paperback or Hardbound Harry Potter books?

Kirk G
07-02-2007, 06:05 PM
As the release of the seventh and final book approaches,
we want to know the answer to the question, which version
of binding do you prefer to purchase?

Hardbound
or
Paperback?

Please vote and explain...

Michael P
07-02-2007, 06:06 PM
We *have* a books forum.

And an all-purpose Potter thread upon it.

Chase
07-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I haven't read or bought any of the Harry Potter books, as I'm a rebel like that (I'm just not interested), but, in regards to soft/hardcover preferences, if George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series came out in hardcover editions (instead of just A Game of Thrones) I'd buy them all up. :D

kmeyers
07-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Are you kidding me? There's no way I could wait for the paperback to come out.

Plus I have them all in hardbound, anyway.

Frodo-X
07-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Hardbound. I prefer hardcovers anyway, plus there's the added points of having the first six in hardcover and not wanting to wait a year and have the whole thing spoiled by the time I get it.

JoeK32880
07-02-2007, 11:30 PM
I prefer paperback and have all the others in paperback, but I'll be getting the hardcover of 7 because I can't wait to read it.

scottv
07-08-2007, 12:26 PM
I buy the hardback just because I think they look better and I got the first book as a gift and it was hard back and I have a thing about if I have a series then they have to match.

Deathstroke
07-08-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't actually buy them, but in absence of me purchasing, my mother buys them in hardcover. She also gets the audiotapes.

Julusnc
07-08-2007, 03:41 PM
A good friend of mine bought me the first Harry Potter book in hardback for a gift and he continues to hook me up when the new one is released.It does help he is a manager at a Book a Million.

Hardbacks keep longer from normal reading abuse.I just make sure to store the dust jacket in a safe place while reading.