PDA

View Full Version : Repo #1

MadBastard
06-25-2007, 12:57 PM
I had fun with this. While the first issue doesn't have much new to offer, particularly in the characterizations of the protagonists, it still manages to be a great deal of fun. If you're looking for a good, cyberpunk fix, I would definitely recommend the book. There's also a full review over there (http://madbastard.hypersites.com/site/page/pg3287-pn_Repo_1.html).

MichaelMogg
06-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Its use of a Chinese name -- for both the comic and Image Comics -- immediately caught my eye.

For anyone mildly interested, the book's title characters literally are: again take to hand. :)

MadBastard
06-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Its use of a Chinese name -- for both the comic and Image Comics -- immediately caught my eye.

For anyone mildly interested, the book's title characters literally are: again take to hand. :)

Classic cyberpunk, from Blade Runner to Night City.

MichaelMogg
06-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Classic cyberpunk, from Blade Runner to Night City.

Really? Using Chinese? I've never really seen or read anything in that genre before (including having never seen Blade Runner). I guess that's why on the Batman Beyond cartoon, which is meant to take place about 50 years in the future, they do the same thing and put Chinese throughout all of Gotham. Interesting.

K'Nort
06-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Not cyberpunk, but futuristic, Serenity blends in Chinese elements too.

And see Blade Runner.

The Adventurer
06-27-2007, 05:31 PM
So.... what's Repo about. I'm noticing the word Cyberpunk being thrown around. Is it Cyberpunk? I love that genre.

TheUltimateMike
07-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Based on the good words in Wizard, I picked this one up. I actually enjoyed it alot. I dig the Lethal Weapon vibe between the partners and the futuristic setting. I'll be around for the next ish at least.

TheUltimateMike
07-03-2007, 12:17 AM
double post