PDA

View Full Version : Man, what is up with those spam filters?

yo go re
05-21-2007, 11:31 PM
It seems, recently, that a lot more stuff than usual has been getting snagged by the spam blocker. Or are people just commenting about it, more?
IT doesn't really seem to follow any set pattern, either. Posts with links, posts without links, long posts, short posts, even posts with chicken pox... we're all being post-blocked.

So tell us (out here in public where all the spammers can see) are there any general rules we can follow to avoid the block? Is there something we can change about our posts that will help them get through unmolested? What are the secret rules that we haven't pieced together yet? Or are you as mystified as your readers?

Reptisaurus!
05-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Yeah... No idea how the Spam Blocker works. It is a pain if it eats your comments.

Although it's probably needed. The Control Panel of the blog which I can get to when I write posts says...

Blog Stats

There are currently 1,362 posts and 22,116 comments, contained within 42 categories.

Spam

Akismet has protected your site from 92,803 spam comments.

yo go re
05-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Sweet Christmas!

Sanagi
05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Huh, I've never been stopped by the spam filter.

This post brought to you by Sprite and Totino's Pizza Rolls.

yo go re
05-22-2007, 05:13 PM
--that you KNOW of...

Reptisaurus!
06-04-2007, 11:24 AM
I've been checking and clearing the Spam Filters whenever I log in. I've only caught two posts being eaten, ever.

But the 150 limit on the Spam Filters fills up REALLY FAST. So I'm sure I've missed some.

(It's also kind of depressing to live in a world where people have nothing better to do than inundate our poor blog with more than 150 Spam Comments every day.)

Brian Cronin
06-05-2007, 12:24 PM
101,702 spam comments now.

But yeah, as MarkAndrew mentions, the 150 limit fills up so darn fast, it is quite difficult for me to rescue posts.

-Brian