PDA

View Full Version : Say goodbye to Premiere magazine

Deathstroke
03-06-2007, 04:57 PM
The publishing company that puts out Premiere magazine has announced the magazine will fold it's print edition following this month's issue. The website will remain but no word on what editorial content will carry over from print to the web. The magazine had been published for 20 years.

This is a crap bit of news for me on two fronts. One, it's one of the only and certainly one of the best REAL movie magazines on the market. Two, my subscription ran until 2016. Now if they offer to switch over my subscription to one of their other magazines to compensate, I'm really screwed. I checked and they don't publish anything else that I'm interested in.

CaptainAwesome
03-06-2007, 06:06 PM
This really sucks. I have never read Premiere magazine, but the simple fact that a magazine of its status is stopping print is bullsh-- to me. I think these magazine companies should stop putting all of their content online. Its very depressing to see something like this happen.

DWEarhart
03-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Internet strikes again?

Deathstroke
03-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Internet strikes again?

Yeah it's one of the main reasons. I'm really going to miss their investigative and commentary articles.

Athena Bast
03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
The publishing company that puts out Premiere magazine has announced the magazine will fold it's print edition following this month's issue. The website will remain but no word on what editorial content will carry over from print to the web. The magazine had been published for 20 years.

This is a crap bit of news for me on two fronts. One, it's one of the only and certainly one of the best REAL movie magazines on the market. Two, my subscription ran until 2016. Now if they offer to switch over my subscription to one of their other magazines to compensate, I'm really screwed. I checked and they don't publish anything else that I'm interested in.

I agree with ya there D. I love Premiere magazine. It was for people who loved and understood movies not for people caught up in softball articles and wannabe celebs.

Deathstroke
03-07-2007, 06:54 AM
I agree with ya there D. I love Premiere magazine. It was for people who loved and understood movies not for people caught up in softball articles and wannabe celebs.

There analytical articles were always good. Even the celebrity interviews were more geared towards being an actual interview rather than a puff piece.

I didn't always care for the reviews of chief critic Glenn Kenny, but at least he had something to say for better or worse.

Their columnists were really good, even the hilariously insane Libby Gelman-Waxler.

Blueferret
03-07-2007, 07:23 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the beginning of a trend where print publishers cease to exist. I realize it's already happening with some things, but I think that it's fixing to become more widespread very quickly as more and more well known publications go away.