PDA

View Full Version : Image Comics Solicitations for April, 2007

andy khouri
01-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Image Comics has provided CBR News with solicitation text and images for products shipping in April 2007.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=9383

torippu
01-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Looking forward to putting this on my bookshelf:

INVINCIBLE: ULTIMATE COLLECTION, VOL. 3 HC
story ROBERT KIRKMAN
art & cover RYAN OTTLEY & BILL CRABTREE

336 PAGES
FC
APRIL 18
$34.99

Collecting the formative issues in the growing of Invincible as a superhero. This volume collects Invincible’s violent battle with the villainous Angstrom Levy, his reunion with his estranged father and the bloody battle with the Viltrumites. This is a can’t-miss for any Invincible fan and a perfect addition to any bookshelf.

Collects INVINCIBLE #25-35 along with LOADS of extras

The Adventurer
01-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Glad to see Ferro City making it to Trade. That was one of the best series of last year (or was that 2005? It's been a while)

I'll be getting...

SAVAGE DRAGON ARCHIVES, VOL. 2 TP
INVINCIBLE #42
NOBLE CAUSES #29
SAVAGE DRAGON #134
THE WALKING DEAD #38

the film freak
01-17-2007, 03:52 PM
C'mon guys best news on this preview is the return of Madman. It's been too long since we've had some Madman. Lets hope Mike can keep this one coming out (though his near regular schedule on Atomics was impressive).

And another Rocketo trade, Invincible HC and Savage Dragon Archives (any new fans pick up the last one up. It's sold out at a couple stores here).

Don
01-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Is someone at Image on crack? Advertising Walking Dead #38 when it's halfway through January, and we haven't seen #34 yet?

Killer Bee
01-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Who is MADAME MIRAGE ?
Delve Into Dini’s Latest Mystery This Month!
Madame Mirage First Look
(W) Paul Dini (A) Kenneth Rocafort (Cov) Kenneth Rocafort
Who is Madame Mirage? This is the question at the center of Paul Dini’s (DETECTIVE COMICS, WITCHBLADE ANIMATED) first newly created character series from Top Cow Productions. Dini, best known for his work on the BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES and creating fan favorite character HARLEY QUINN, brings his unique vision to Top Cow. Joining Dini as the regular series artist is Top Cow rising star Kenneth Rocafort, who’s been riveting fans with his highly kinetic art on HUNTER-KILLER.

This FIRST LOOK gives readers an exclusive look at the upcoming series and introduces Top Cow’s latest femme fatale Madame Mirage! But who is Madame Mirage? What is nature of her powers? What drives her vendetta against the shadowy ASI? Get a glimpse of things to come and don’t miss out on this chance at this FIRST LOOK, because MADAME MIRAGE tends to disappear!

Retailer incentive (order form only) – Retailers whose orders match or exceed their orders for HUNTER-KILLER #0 will receive 1 copy of an exclusive incentive alternate cover by Silvestri or Rocafort for every 50 copies ordered for free (with 1 copy minimum).

Full Color 16 pages $0.99

Now that's something to wait for. Once Detective is over, I'm jumping on ship for this.

Now where the hell is Russian Sunset?

torippu
01-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Is someone at Image on crack? Advertising Walking Dead #38 when it's halfway through January, and we haven't seen #34 yet?

Check out Kirkman's board over at imagecomics.com and you'll find a reply from Robert about TWD shipping dates.

Click here (http://imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=24773)

Trip

rilokyle
01-18-2007, 10:16 AM
No Witchblade this month? :(

miraclemet
01-18-2007, 01:21 PM
April looks like a great month for Image Graphic Novels/Collections

BASTARD SAMURAI, VOL. 1 TP (Oeming/Gunter, Shannon)
SAM NOIR: SAMURAI DETECTIVE (ANDERSON, TREMBLEY)
FELL, VOL. 1: FERAL CITY TP (WARREN ELLIS,TEMPLESMITH)
SAM AND TWITCH: THE BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS COLLECTION, VOL. 2 TP (BENDIS, MALEEV/CRAIN/PONTICELLI)

good thing all of Marvel's solicits are for CW in April (which Ive been buying weekly instead) cause Im going to be tapped out thanks to Image (though Im happy to buy!)

Don
01-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Check out Kirkman's board over at imagecomics.com and you'll find a reply from Robert about TWD shipping dates.

Click here (http://imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=24773)

Trip

You'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath....

the film freak
01-18-2007, 04:27 PM

Don't be a dick.

Don
01-18-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm not; I'm a "Don."

torippu
01-19-2007, 07:17 AM

I see that you've made snide remarks about TWD shipping on two separate posts. Are you the type of person who gets bent out of shape each time a book is late? I look at it as it is what it is - a creator-owned book that may run into production delays from time to time. It's not like the wait between issues of Spidey/Black Cat: The Evil that Men Do or All-Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder proportions. According to my spreadsheet, TWD shipped 11 issues in 2005 & 9 issues in 2006. That's not a bad track record if you ask me and I know that I'm pretty excited to hear that a new issue will be out in the next couple of weeks.

Don
01-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Yup, I'm exactly that kind of person. Torqued me when JMS did it with Rising Stars, and it torques me now with The Walking Dead and Ultimates 2.

So we were promised 12 issues in 2005, and got 11; and we were promised 12 issues in 2006, and got 9. So out of the 24 issues we were promised, we got 20. If this were any other industry, I'd say someone owes me for 4 issues I didn't receive....

You see, I'm the kind of person who's a consumer of products. There was an implied promise by the creators and companies that we, the consumers, would receive a product at a certain time; that promise has not been fulfilled.

Yet we, the consumers, sit back and say, "that's okay, you can keep me waiting, promise me again and again, and break those promises again and again, and I'll just be happy when I finally get it."

That's also the definition of "allowing people to walk all over us, and take advantage of us."

As I mentioned in one of those other "snide" comments, I'd be happy if Kirkman announced he was turning TWD into a bimonthly or even quarterly book, and then stuck to the schedule. Starlin did that with Dreadstar back in the 80's, and it worked.

In other words, I didn't just complain; I also offered a solution.

No, my life doesn't revolve around when comics come out. My life does revolve around deadlines, which is one reason why I get torqued up when others don't live up to theirs.

And yes, I'm voicing my opinion with my wallet. I won't be buying any more TWD, and thus, I'll also relieve y'all of the necessity of responding to me, since there's no need for me to come back here.

will_butler
01-20-2007, 09:11 PM
I'd say someone owes me for 4 issues I didn't receive....

Nobody owes you an issue until you've given them money for it.

Will