PDA

View Full Version : DC's "brilliant" publishing schedule

Gingold
01-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Was is it so wise to release all three of the good Superman books in the same week? Just doesn't seem like a good strategy on DC's part.

eggie
01-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I think it would have made more sense to stagger them over 3 weeks than release them all at once because now I won't get a new Superman title until the end of January when Action Comics Annual comes out.

Jack Zodiac
01-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah, whatever happened to their old system. Back when there were four titles, you'd get Action one week, Superman the next, Adventures after that, and then Man of Steel. You'd never go a week without Superman. Now they have five, counting Superman/Batman, and they cram three into one week.

sschroeder
01-06-2007, 12:22 PM
You are allowed to buy them now and read them later. :)

dupersuper
01-06-2007, 12:31 PM
You are allowed to buy them now and read them later. :)

I may be allowed, but I'm certainly not able...;)

Drink
01-06-2007, 03:25 PM
For a second, I almost wrote "What difference does it make?"

Then I thought about it for a second, and I see how it could benefit DC.

If the comics are spread out through the month, then a person's more likely to make more stops at their LCS (Unless they do a monthly visit). Thus they'll see the other books being sold, by DC or otherwise, and might buy others. So it benefits all comics.

Yeah, they should totally sread them out.

dupersuper
01-06-2007, 04:46 PM
On the other hand, it certainly made a kick ass week for us Supes fans...
Superman, All Star Superman, Superman Confidential, 52, JLA Classified, and JLU...all in 1 week...:D

Magneto_X
01-06-2007, 05:43 PM
On the other hand, it certainly made a kick ass week for us Supes fans...
Superman, All Star Superman, Superman Confidential, 52, JLA Classified, and JLU...all in 1 week...:D

Your wallet must not like you very much. lol