PDA

View Full Version : Pipeline Special - Civil War #6

Augie De Blieck Jr.
01-04-2007, 07:06 AM
In case you missed the brief discussion of it in another thread:

I reviewed CIVIL WAR #6, due out today in most comic shops around the country. (Sorry, West Coast.) It's a spoiler free review for a special edition of Pipeline. Check out the front page now, or go straight to it with

http://pipeline.comicbookresources.com

-Augie

roach04
01-04-2007, 07:51 AM
I still might be tempted to buy this trade at some point and see what all the hype is about. But every time I see a thread or article, all I hear in my head is Guns 'N Roses...;)

Roons
01-05-2007, 05:55 AM
Just picked up my copy of MCW#6 at lunch time, resisted the temptation to read it on the way back to work! I don't know if I'll last out the day though....must....wait....until....I'm....home.

goman
01-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Read it last night. Good issue. The ending really knocked my socks off. How cool was that? Now I need to go back and reread the other issues to see if they left any clues. An improvement over issue 5.

Also read CW:Frontline last night. Was I the only one who was creeped out by that? I thought the Spedball stuff was really well done, but damn, creeped the hell out of me. And, Yay, no useless last four pages!!

torippu
01-05-2007, 07:48 AM
I'll be waiting until next week to read MCW #6. My LCS only got around 10 copies and told me that they were waiting to sell all copies until next week. He did have a couple of copies of the book sitting by the cash register for anyone who wanted to read the book while in the store though.

Augie De Blieck Jr.
01-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Yeah, the Speedball story was about the creepiest story I've ever read in a Marvel Comic. And I bet in ten years a blog like, say, Dave's Long Box will be ripping into it for its excesses.

-Augie

pmpknface
01-09-2007, 12:07 PM
LOVED IT!!! And Speedball is toast - long live PENANCE!!!

torippu
01-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Finally got my copy yesterday. It was so good! Loved the switcheroo bit with Hulkling! Ha! The big climatic finale is going to be GREEAAAT!