PDA

View Full Version : Art Post: Artsratna

artsratna
12-16-2006, 05:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site. Hellboyone told me to post some of my artwork here. Lately, I've been re-reading a lot of the Hellboy collections, especially "Wake the Devil" and "The Right Hand of Doom". I've been playing around with some of the different aspects of Mike Mignola's style: his signature high-contrast inking and interesting angles. Also, while this Lady Medium isn't one of his characters, you may recognize Ualac hiding in the crystal ball and (I don't know if it's visible at this resolution) I've also drawn the Hellboy's Right [Poker?;)] Hand of Doom as the illustration on the Ace of Spades.

Comments? Crits?

If you have any suggestions for how i can post larger images while not going over the file size limits set forth by this site, please let me know.

Thanks for looking,
Ratna

gdeo
12-16-2006, 07:34 AM
nice piece and the use of color is great,I'd love to see more.welcome aboard,

hellboyone
12-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome, my friend! It's a shame that the image is so small. This illustration is gorgeous and needs to be seen HUGE. Maybe a Photobucket account or a Flickr account is in order so you can post the image instead of a link?

If you want, I can host it for you, Ratna. Email me....we'll work it out.

Tad
12-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Ratna!! I miss the hugs.

My Hellboy Animated story and daughter's driving class has keep be away from Thursday sketchbook. And the fact that Rick is gunning for me with a pair of blazing 45's and a cruel look in his eye. Your piece looks fantastic. Mignola inspiration without slavery to surface traits. Sweet!

Neil Hill
12-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Very nice piece here! Thanks for sharing your artwork with the masses.

Agent Helix
12-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey Ratna!

artsratna
01-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi all,
Sorry it's been so long. I wrote a nice, lengthy reply, full of love and roses for each one of you and then realized that I hadn't logged in, and somehow, in the process of logging in, the message ceased to exist and I couldn't make my way back through the rabbit hole to find it in its pre-log-in existence. That said, Thank You So Much for all your nice comments!

gdeo, Thanks! I find that the more I limit my palette, the more interested I am in each color that I do use.

hellboyone, Thank you and sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this one. We'll talk.

Tad! I hope all's well with your daughter's driving class. I'm really excited to see the finished animated Hellboy stuff good luck with that. Hooray for cool projects! I'll see you one of these Thursdays. Hugs.

Stygian, Thanks, and thanks for being here for me to share my artwork with.

Agent Helix, Where have you been all my life? Nice to see you on this board as well! It's been a while.

I've some new Hellboy art which I'll post as soon as I have access to my housemate's scanner (one of the drawings happens to be in a guestbook that hellboyone left at our house -- lucky!)

Until then, I remain
Ratna

Jake Capps
01-09-2007, 01:48 PM
It's very funky...but in a good way. I like the color, and her face is very askew. Keep up the good work!