PDA

View Full Version : Kirkman Offers Sneak Peak at "Ultimate X-Men"

Jonah Weiland
12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Robert Kirkman shared some beautiful pages from "Ultimate X-Men" #78 and #79 here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=19

creaky
12-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Someone didn't get the artist for #79 the memo that these people are young teenagers, not twenty-somethings.

Effect
12-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Someone didn't get the artist for #79 the memo that these people are young teenagers, not twenty-somethings.

What is the problem with artist understanding this? Is there no editorial overview on the art? I mean clearly there is a problem with the writing where certain things aren't check or get get by but in a LOT if not all the titles there doesn't seem, from my experience, any kind of attempt to double check the art.

I understand allowing freedom for different styles but at least get the damn ages correct. Also why does Bobby's mouth look so big or as if he doesn't want one and its just a line drawn on this face? That first page has him from looking, I feel, ugly, to old to young all at the same time in the same scene.. Not so much facial expresses there but general difference in age I think.

Hi-Fi
12-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Wow, Rogue looks hot!

FlameOn4
12-14-2006, 05:26 PM

Stupid Horny Artists.

MaxofSteel
12-14-2006, 05:53 PM
:mad: Great! Now I gotta pick up more issues 'cause of the art! Thanks a lot French Canadians!

Hi-Fi
12-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Rogue having a poster from the movie "The Untouchables" in her room is a cute detail.

R Krippler
12-14-2006, 09:59 PM

Have you seen teenagers lately? What are the x-men 17-19. I have seen people who look way older then they look in those panels

creaky
12-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Have you seen teenagers lately? What are the x-men 17-19. I have seen people who look way older then they look in those panels

No, Kitty is 13-14 and Rogue and Bobby are 15. Kitty in particular is way off. Sure, there are teenagers who look older than their age, but Kitty has never previously been drawn that way. It's just jarring.