PDA

View Full Version : The Other Side #3

FanboyStranger
12-07-2006, 11:50 AM
For the third straight month, it's best of the week in a week that includes Exterminators and Doctor Strange: The Oath. The horror gets up a notch as both lead characters begin to wonder if they're dead, but Sgt. "Ding" Bayer brings it all back to Earth when he tells Everett that the only way to actually "win" this war is to make it back to States alive and live to an old age, a f*ck off to Vietnam and the US alike. And Cam Stewart continues to outdo himself every month-- the sequence with the helicopter/dragon is incredible. I've always liked his art, but on the strength of The Other Side, I'd have to say he's become one of my favorites.

Definitely check it out if you haven't been.

Mr. Palmer
12-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Ha! I gave a review of this as the same time as you. And, like your views, I 100% completely agree.

Agent Helix
12-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Cameron's blowing everybody away with this.

enediol
12-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Easily one of my favorite books each month. I'm a Vertigo noob and I picked this book up on recommendation here along with interest in the Vietnam source material.

I'd love to have this last a lot longer but I appreciate the quality. Anybody know what the author's next project is going to be?

Mr. Palmer
12-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Anybody know what the author's next project is going to be?

Scalped

It's a new ongoing that starts in January.

Bazooka Tooth
12-21-2006, 11:24 PM
i just got started reading this since i randomly picked up a new series to read besides those that i'm currently reading and wow i'm thoroughly impress with this. Only read up to the second issue, but yeah im geared for more. I like what's going on and the depth of this. The art is good, the plot is sweet and yeah i'm impressed.

kudos to whos involved in this.