PDA

View Full Version : Fan Film of Power Girl

Kage Kisaragi
12-05-2006, 10:02 PM
I didnt know what to think, i still dont know much about Power Girl, though like many I have been some how mezmerized by her assets. >_> .... <_< What? I guess I could look up her bio on Wiki, and I think I did at some point but its still doesnt make much sense.. I think its just a physical attraction lol. I need help I know. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUiNFzzF-ZI

Umm, I think the woman playing her did as good as a job as can be expected playing such a character.

Someone tell what is the deal with Power Girl these days? I read some of the Kandor thing with her and Supergirl being Nightwing and Flamebird but I dont know the entire reason behind it. (Something about clearing Clark's name?) Has she realized why she exist in the new DC universe?

rwe1138
12-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Saw this a few months ago and loved it. Still do. The actress playing PG does an awsome job. And the cameos by Ted, Michael & Courtney are priceless.

ForEverAncien
12-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Here is a picture, up close Link (http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cas06june_11434/album/576460762316546560/photo/294928803130327952/79)
Current History (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Girl)

MaxofSteel
12-06-2006, 07:53 AM
If Wiki isn't helping, the basic idea behind PG is that she's "Supergirl" from another universe. This universe was Earth-2 before it got wiped out in the Crisis of Infinite Earths.

Without going into a whole "shmegegie" about the Crisis, PG is the sole survivor of that reality (never having called herself Supergirl in the first place mind you). Her powers have changed over the years, due to numerous rewrites of her origin, but she essentially has the powers of Superman, Supergirl, etc.

As far as Kandor goes, PG and Supergirl were there to help the Kandorian lower classes against the oppressive government led by who I can only assume is Ultraman (the evil Supes from a parallel dimension). This was like a three issue arc I believe, wrapped up quick when Supergirl was persuaded to leave in exchange for knowledge about where to find Argo, her home world.

There could have been so many other places to go with this arc, but the powers that be decided to move on to another story I guess.

Eliseu Gouveia
12-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I&#180;ve always LOVED that fan film.
It really captures the tone of the PeeGee comic I&#180;d love to read, right down to the Courtney/Ted/Michael cameo.

Fun-sexy-cool.

A recipe for a winner. :)

Kara Zor El
12-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks for bringing that to my attention Kage. Lovely costume and lovely actress filling it. yummy.:p

Eliseu Gouveia
12-06-2006, 02:03 PM
They did another one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZgj8UyNN9c&mode=related&search=)

I love the Bizarro but they overdid it a bit witth the Booby-Girl joke.

sgt pepper
12-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Earth 2 Kryptonians love futons.

Kage Kisaragi
12-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks to everyone for your input, I checked the wiki again and I got it pretty much. Though the numerous mentions of Kal L and Kal El started throwing me off. So in Infinite Crisis, Superboy-Prime (Superman?) kills Kal L which is Superman from Earth 2.. What is Earth One Superman doing during all this? He is there right?

MaxofSteel
12-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks to everyone for your input, I checked the wiki again and I got it pretty much. Though the numerous mentions of Kal L and Kal El started throwing me off. So in Infinite Crisis, Superboy-Prime (Superman?) kills Kal L which is Superman from Earth 2.. What is Earth One Superman doing during all this? He is there right?

The scene where SB Prime kills Earth-2 Supes was a three way battle between Earth-1 Supes, and the other two. Earth 1 and 2 Supes tackle SB Prime and push him through a Red sun, effing up SB Prime's uber armor.

The three of them then crash land on OA (I think, or some other such planet) and for some reason, Earth-1 Supes is unable to stop SB Prime from killing Kal-L (I think he was knocked out or something).

Captain Jim
12-06-2006, 08:03 PM
They did another one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZgj8UyNN9c&mode=related&search=)

Thank you for sharing that! I'd seen the original, but not this one (which I liked even better). I also see that there's a separate blooper reel for this one (which has some very funny moments).

SKETCHSANCHEZ
12-07-2006, 04:38 AM
Check out the Power Girl trade DC recently put out. it collects the most recent miniseries as well as 3 issues of her solo adventure in Showcase from 1975 (They were written by Paul levitz and are really really good)

Green Lantern wannabe
12-14-2006, 07:52 AM
The two films were good. And I think I'm in love. :)

But I notice this entry in the Wikipedia:

Some owners, such as Paramount Pictures with Star Trek, or DC Comics with Batman and Superman, have been known to actively discourage the creation of such works by fans, or take action to prevent their exhibition. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_film)

Should someone tell the producer?

blackphoenix
12-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Meh.

I liked the first movie better! This woman playing Kara is pretty hot.

I wish DC'd get off its ass and give Power Girl her own book.

Eliseu Gouveia
12-15-2006, 12:01 PM
What does "actively discourage" mean?

Lawsuits?

DonC
12-15-2006, 01:20 PM
That wiki entry GL Wannabe posted isn't correct. Paramount is actually one of the most fan film friendly studios out there. And if Paramount and DC are suing fan film makers, this dude (http://www.comicbookbin.com/startrekvsbatman_011.html) is totally screwed.

Captain Jim
12-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Oh wow. Thanks, Don. I've never seen these before. Only watched part one so far but...wow. It's 1966 again...like it never was before!

Eliseu Gouveia
12-15-2006, 07:55 PM
That wiki entry GL Wannabe posted isn't correct. Paramount is actually one of the most fan film friendly studios out there. And if Paramount and DC are suing fan film makers, this dude (http://www.comicbookbin.com/startrekvsbatman_011.html) is totally screwed.

I was wondering about that myself, since not so long ago I ran across this wacky russian Star Trek movie (Star Wreck: In the Pirkining).
Not to mention how many DC characters have been the subject of fan films, from Batman: Dead End to Grayson to Catwoman.

Kid Kyoto
12-16-2006, 06:23 AM

thanks for the link, good film!

DonC
12-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Oh wow. Thanks, Don. I've never seen these before. Only watched part one so far but...wow. It's 1966 again...like it never was before!

I may not have been born yet (I'm not 1000 years old, like you are ;) ), but I liked them too.

Green Lantern wannabe
12-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Does anyone have the link to show that Warner Bros/DC is fan friendly? Or Paramount, for that matter? I'm sure that's true, or they would be suing fans everywhere, but I'd like to see the link.

Maybe I can do a fan film of that Power Girl chick and me - on a hot night around town. :)

titanfan
12-16-2006, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't say Paramount is fan-friendly, but they'll turn a blind eye to this stuff as long as it's non-commercial. They are a butt load of various Star Trek fan films out there. (Some of them which have actual cast members in them)

From Wikipedia:

Cow Creek Films, the production company at the time for Star Trek: New Voyages, had contact with Paramount to successfully reverse a cease and desist order which resulted in a set of guidelines being verbally agreed on:

1. No profit can come from the film.
2. It cannot be shown in festivals or at conventions or any other venue where money is charged for admission either directly for the film or the event itself.
3. It can only be a free download and cannot be offered in lieu of a "donation".
4. They were NOT giving permission to do the show, but rather turning a blind eye to it as long as the producers stick to the rules.

It should be borne in mind that there has never been any independent corroboration of this - Viacom has been consistently silent on the subject - however the source, Jack Marshall the Executive Producer at the time, is trustworthy. What is more, the subsequent success of "Star Trek: New Voyages" and the prominent collaboration of ex-Paramount cast and crew would suggest that Paramount know about them and are giving their tacit permission.

Green Lantern wannabe
12-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Now that I think of it, can we even use these avators? They're DC trademarks.

TheTen-EyedMan
12-17-2006, 08:25 AM
After watching that...Donnie's pants are too tight.

The Lucky One
12-17-2006, 10:57 PM
A thin, attractive blonde, with large breasts, who likes comics enough to appear in not one but two fanmade Power Girl films?

How many fanboys had to barter their souls to Satan to make this one happen?

-D

areacode212
12-18-2006, 06:22 AM
Yeah, the best part is that SHE was the one who asked to do another Power Girl fanfilm.

Agentum
12-18-2006, 06:30 AM
and Powergirl is not that thin really, she is more like an fitness girl or something.