PDA

View Full Version : CBR NEWS: "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane" And Sean McKeever, Too

Jonah Weiland
11-28-2006, 10:52 AM
With Gwen Stacy, broken hearts and super-villains galore, Sean McKeever has made MJ's life challenging in "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane." We've got news on the book, a first look at pages by new artist David Hahn and news on the upcoming "Spider-Man Family."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=9010

Ivan Isaacs
11-28-2006, 11:02 AM
David Hahn?

Hmmm... as much as I like his style (Private Beach rocked and Bite Club was cool, too) I hoped they'd choose another manga artist because they are targeting the series to this audience. Hopefully that doesn't mean too many people will jump ship on the digests. It's an awesome series (thanks Sean for remembering Joy Mercado who vanished from the main books without any explanations. Whose next? Kate Cushing?). :(

EDIT: Anyway - welcome on board, Mr. Hahn. I'm looking forward to your run on this book and man... is Firestar cute or what?! :D

toneloak
11-28-2006, 11:59 AM
I don't know after reading Bite Club it's kinda hard to imagine Hahn's art with pastel coloring.

Zel
11-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Looked like Firestar in the preview pages for 16, and in her original costume. I might check that out.

Rich L
11-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm a bit behind in the digests for this, but its one of the few that I follow in trade religiously.

And now with Spider-Man Family and (allegedly) New Warriors on McKeever's plate, hopefully he'll start to get more recognition. Loved his take on the Inhumans series a while back, and Sentinel was pretty fun too.

Dark Soul # 7
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
After Sensational SMLMJ is my favorite Spidey-title.
It's jut so much fun!
The new artist is good enough to carry on the cute visuals.

alegarza06
11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
this is so my favorite book! its sad to see takeshi leave :( for what its worth i would give my left nut to draw this book! keep up the good work sean...word

-a

Billy Parker
11-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Sean is an amazing writer! (Pun intended) This is a must read book for Spidey fans! It's so well done, funny, and addicting!