PDA

View Full Version : I really, REALLY dont like Justin Timberlake

pitbull in a skirt
11-18-2006, 07:31 PM
He irks the hell out me on so many levels..

That "My Love" bullshit that they play on the radio every 5 minutes is just a watered down version of "Cry Me a River". Yet no one I know of seems to realize this, and insist on singing the lyrics aloud all day in my classes. Yeah, just needed to let that out. Trust, I have so much more to say about that good for nothing little hooker, but I'm watching Xena...

Doc Shannara
11-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Yeah, he sucks.

Fish Sauce
11-18-2006, 07:36 PM
I think I must be the luckiest person alive. I don't believe that I've heard Sexy Back, and I'm not sure if I've heard My Love or not.

I may have a while back while on a school camp, because a Timberlake song came on the radio and I seriously thought for a while that the radio guys were singing along really crappily. Then I realised, no, it actually is the song. From that point on I bagged it till it was finished and managed to actually seriously piss of a girl who is a big fan. I mean she was actually offended and wouldn't talk to me for a day. Funny stuff.

Yeah, I don't like him neither.

Van Custo
11-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Yea he's wack to me too but almost everyone I know likes him. I just don't see it. He annoyes me. But everyone loves him.

Meh.

pitbull in a skirt
11-18-2006, 08:10 PM
I wish more people would see the truth:

JC Chasez > Justin Timberlake.

rick
11-18-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't like his music but in interviews and such he comes across as a likable enough guy.

So no hate from me.

pitbull in a skirt
11-18-2006, 09:23 PM
I don't like his music but in interviews and such he comes across as a likable enough guy.

So no hate from me.

NOOO! DONT LET THEM BRAINWASH YOU :eek:

Them = MTV.

rick
11-18-2006, 09:25 PM
NOOO! DONT LET THEM BRAINWASH YOU :eek:

Them = MTV.

Don't worry, I can honestly say that I haven't watched MTV since around 1989.

heystacy
11-18-2006, 09:28 PM

That "My Love" bullshit that they play on the radio every 5 minutes is just a watered down version of "Cry Me a River". Yet no one I know of seems to realize this, and insist on singing the lyrics aloud all day in my classes. Yeah, just needed to let that out. Trust, I have so much more to say about that good for nothing little hooker, but I'm watching Xena...

You may hate him more as this article (http://top40.about.com/b/a/208611.htm) questions if Justin is dissing Janet Jackson and Prince.

pitbull in a skirt
11-18-2006, 09:34 PM
You may hate him more as this article (http://top40.about.com/b/a/208611.htm) questions if Justin is dissing Janet Jackson and Prince.

That is EXACTLY what sparked me making this thread Roflmao.

heystacy
11-18-2006, 09:38 PM
That is EXACTLY what sparked me making this thread Roflmao.

I think he's gone too far. He needs a major ego check. I think once he feels some heat he'll calm down.

Spike-X
11-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Justin Timberlake dissing Prince is like some amateur boxer down the local gym dissing Muhammad Ali.

It's so laughable I can't even be bothered getting pissed off about it.

heystacy
11-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Justin Timberlake dissing Prince is like some amateur boxer down the local gym dissing Muhammad Ali.

It's so laughable I can't even be bothered getting pissed off about it.

It is funny. Like I said JT's ego is out there. He's gonna get his feelings hurt.

Tobias March
11-18-2006, 09:58 PM
It is funny. Like I said JT's ego is out there. He's gonna get his feelings hurt.

Wait, don't you know he brought the 'sexy', back?

heystacy
11-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Wait, don't you know he brought the 'sexy', back?

When did it leave? How did he get it? ;)

I always thought that phrase was some form of distraction from his music. He did diss britney last album. Maybe that's not enough.

Tobias March
11-18-2006, 10:12 PM
When did it leave? How did he get it? ;)

So many jokes

but I can't

no really, my inner censor is fluctuating, should be in bed by now

oh feck it

He found it in Cameron Diaz!

There

heystacy
11-18-2006, 10:16 PM
So many jokes

but I can't

no really, my inner censor is fluctuating, should be in bed by now

oh feck it

He found it in Cameron Diaz!

There

I'm sure he thinks he did. ;)

Leslie Lee III
11-18-2006, 10:34 PM
"My Love" is the tune.
Futuresex/Lovesounds is a great album.
Justin Timberlake is en fuego.

Guy1
11-18-2006, 10:36 PM

Yeah, he sucks big time.

Athena Bast
11-18-2006, 11:06 PM
I can't understand why Prince of all people is taking the lyrics to "SexyBack" so damn seriously. Sweet Jeebus Marie.

Janet did screw herself over with the Super Bowl stunt. I don't care about her boob it was just the wrong place to do it. IIRC, didn't Jermaine Dupri step down from his Veep position after Janet's most recent album tanked? Janet is trying to live a dicotomys life and no one is buying anymore.

zombie
11-18-2006, 11:27 PM
I like JT. That's really all I have to contribute. Carry on.

pitbull in a skirt
11-18-2006, 11:43 PM
I can't understand why Prince of all people is taking the lyrics to "SexyBack" so damn seriously. Sweet Jeebus Marie.

Janet did screw herself over with the Super Bowl stunt. I don't care about her boob it was just the wrong place to do it. IIRC, didn't Jermaine Dupri step down from his Veep position after Janet's most recent album tanked? Janet is trying to live a dicotomys life and no one is buying anymore.

Jermaine Dupri made the decision to quit his job at Virgin himself. He was not forced. And Janet's album definetely did not tank, it debuted at #2 (technically, it would of been #1 had not Def Jam sell Ludacris' album for $5.99. Bitch move).

howyadoin
11-19-2006, 12:49 AM
I just find it funny that people with otherwise good taste in music will go through all these verbal contortions to justify the fact that they like generic boy-band music.

Leslie Lee III
11-19-2006, 01:16 AM
I just find it funny that people with otherwise good taste in music will go through all these verbal contortions to justify the fact that they like generic boy-band music.

N*Sync is generic boy band music.
Justin Timberlake has not been whatsoever, as anyone who actually listens to his CDs would know (or just anyone who knows who the producers are).

The Mirrorball Man
11-19-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm not a fan of Justin Timberlake, but I've heard both his albums, and they do sound pretty good, not necessarily because he was involved, but it's obvious that the guy knows when to step back and let talented people help him make good music. Some people refuse to acknowledge that and treat the guy as if he were still in N'sync, which I guess is human nature.

Fish Sauce
11-19-2006, 01:59 AM
You know what really sucks?

Edison.

Morgan Freeman! Kevin Spacey! What the hell were you thinking? Go make your respective DC movies and leave Timberlake out of it.

And why did they put him in Shrek 3?

The humanity!

Patient Boy
11-19-2006, 02:50 AM

I'm not a fan of Justin Timberlake, but I've heard both his albums, and they do sound pretty good, not necessarily because he was involved, but it's obvious that the guy knows when to step back and let talented people help him make good music. Some people refuse to acknowledge that and treat the guy as if he were still in N'sync, which I guess is human nature.

Yeah. I don't really have to like Timberlake as an individual, but I like the music he's made as an artiste (thanks to Timbaland, the Neptunes, Scott Storch, etc).

Athena Bast
11-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Jermaine Dupri made the decision to quit his job at Virgin himself. He was not forced. And Janet's album definetely did not tank, it debuted at #2 (technically, it would of been #1 had not Def Jam sell Ludacris' album for $5.99. Bitch move).

I never said he was forced.. I said he stepped down and the rumour had it was because Janet's album didn't perform like he had hyped that it would. It was his kind of show of faith.

The album sales stats were probably on spec, that if Dupri let's say this album will kill and will sell say 500,000 in one week but then turns around and only sells say 175,000 and hits number 2 it might not be a failure but it's not the numbers they were hoping to see.

Athena Bast
11-19-2006, 08:11 PM
You know what really sucks?

Edison.

Morgan Freeman! Kevin Spacey! What the hell were you thinking? Go make your respective DC movies and leave Timberlake out of it.

And why did they put him in Shrek 3?

The humanity!

Both are working actors and probably their names were used to get financing for the movie. That their name guarantees a certain budget.

He's in Shrek 3 because he's schtooping Cameron Diaz.

howyadoin
11-19-2006, 08:32 PM
N*Sync is generic boy band music.
Justin Timberlake has not been whatsoever, as anyone who actually listens to his CDs would know (or just anyone who knows who the producers are).I had the misfortune of hearing 7 or 8 songs of his recently. They all sound like plastic music with processed vocals.

pitbull in a skirt
11-19-2006, 09:05 PM
His voice...its not bad, but I'd prefer not to listen to it. Same with Beyonce.

Leslie Lee III
11-20-2006, 12:08 PM
I had the misfortune of hearing 7 or 8 songs of his recently. They all sound like plastic music with processed vocals.

Don't know what you mean by "plastic music", but if you think it sounds anything like N*Sync, you might need some plastic in your ears mate. It's R&B with a synthy edge at times, just like Usher or the other people who use the Neptunes or Timbaland as producters.

Valmore
11-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Don't know what you mean by "plastic music", but if you think it sounds anything like N*Sync, you might need some plastic in your ears mate. It's R&B with a synthy edge at times, just like Usher or the other people who use the Neptunes or Timbaland as producters.

He probably means it as a term to mean overly-produced and glossy, as well as probably trite and completely lacking in originality.

But that's me guessing what howyadoin is saying.

howyadoin
11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
He probably means it as a term to mean overly-produced and glossy, as well as probably trite and completely lacking in originality.I didn't pay any attention to the lyrics, but yeah, that totally describes the sound of the computer-generated music, and the processed vocals.

I Must Break U
12-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Oh the hate is strong with these people! Why is everyone hating on JT the young white man is talented. I think at the end of the day it kinda boils down to race unfortunately. As a black man, i can say that most black people hate him because the think he is stealing music and the money from black musicians. I think talent is talent. All hate aside JT can sing better than a lot of people in the industry( we're talking live performances). And the lyrics in question are a diss to K-fed and his horrid record sales. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, So hate on brothers and sisters, i just can't participate.

bfrank
12-11-2006, 03:18 PM
As a black man, I can say that you don't know most black people....

that being said the two songs the author of this thread compared are similar in that Timberlake sang them, and Timberland produced them.....I can't take that argument seriously at all.......had you said "what goes around comes around", you would have had the point......

Timberlake is a product of his producers, and has Pharrell and Timbo to thank for his post nsynch career.....were it not for them (and perhaps snoop for helping his "pass" back after he hung janet out to dry), he'd be an after thought, ala the kid that just came out, the kid from the wedding movie, and the kid with the funny last name.....

Fish Sauce
12-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm white, and I hate Justin Timberlake!

Spike-X
12-12-2006, 12:11 AM
Oh the hate is strong with these people! Why is everyone hating on JT

Because "I'm Bringing Sexy Back" is a steaming pile of shit. The aural equivalent of having somebody vomit into your mouth.

SUPERECWFAN1
12-12-2006, 12:21 AM
I believe at Comic Relief , Robin Williams did Elmer Fudd singing " I'm Bringing Sexy Back " and it sounded pretty damn funny and good. It was a lot better than Justin's marbled vocals which if he sounds like that in real life he needs to go back to singing in a high pitched voice...PRONTO.

twilight
12-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Eh,he's alright I guess.
Not my cup of tea but I wish him no specific harm.

Although everyone saying "I'm bringing sexy back" did get old fast.

Albert
12-12-2006, 04:37 AM
I loathe JT's music, Sexy Back in particular. For whatever reason, my wife has taken a real shine to this album and tune (I married her for many reasons, but taste in music is not one of them). When she bought the CD, she had to-- just had to-- play me that track, because "It reminds me of you". So, I had to sit and smile to the-- well, Spike-X put it best: "The aural equivalent of having somebody vomit into your mouth." So, after my roman shower, what could I do but say "that's great, dear" without coming off like a dick. After all, I do like getting laid.

Well, two months later my wife is trying to find her cell and has me call it. Lo and behold, that's now the ringtone assigned to me. Gaaaaah.

The Mirrorball Man
12-12-2006, 04:41 AM
"Sexyback" is not "the aural equivalent of having somebody vomit into your mouth", although that is a striking image, I'll admit that much. It's just a pop song, and a pretty competently put together pop song, actually. Justin Timberlake doesn't deserve that kind of hatred (or that kind of attention). He's just a pretty boy, and geeks hate pretty boys.

KenK
12-12-2006, 05:35 AM
"Sexyback" is not "the aural equivalent of having somebody vomit into your mouth", although that is a striking image, I'll admit that much. It's just a pop song, and a pretty competently put together pop song, actually. Justin Timberlake doesn't deserve that kind of hatred (or that kind of attention). He's just a pretty boy, and geeks hate pretty boys.

And he's bonin' Cameron Diaz (who's actually starting to look good again.)

Spike-X
12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't give a damn what he looks like. I can't see his face while I'm being forced to listen to his shit music on the radio.

And no, when I'm at work in a shed full of people who choose to listen to this crap, I can't just turn it off or walk away.

The Mirrorball Man
12-12-2006, 11:47 AM
I don't give a damn what he looks like. I can't see his face while I'm being forced to listen to his shit music on the radio.

And no, when I'm at work in a shed full of people who choose to listen to this crap, I can't just turn it off or walk away.

I work in a commercial radio station and I have to listen to more crappy music every day than the average person hears in a year. Trust me, I enjoy hyperbole as much as anybody, but the truth is that there are things far worse than "Sexyback". I'm genuinely happy for you if you've never heard of them.

meethraa
12-12-2006, 01:59 PM
I gotta tell you, I'm much better looking than JT and I really do think his music is crap.
I just heard Sexyback and it's not even bad, it's worse than that. It's generic and soulless and pointless. But I agree that it's not like vomit into your mouth... that at least would make some kind of impression.

Spike-X
12-12-2006, 11:11 PM
I work in a commercial radio station and I have to listen to more crappy music every day than the average person hears in a year. Trust me, I enjoy hyperbole as much as anybody, but the truth is that there are things far worse than "Sexyback". I'm genuinely happy for you if you've never heard of them.

I've also heard worse. That still doesn't make it anything but an abomination to my ears.

Reptisaurus!
12-12-2006, 11:22 PM

I heard the two singles. Thought they were both pretty good. Competently and interestingly produced.

Jonathan Bogart
12-12-2006, 11:42 PM
I really, REALLY can't believe this thread is still going on.

Buried Alien
12-13-2006, 01:31 AM

Hate threads have incredible staying power. Remember that Avril Lavigne thread that wouldn't die from the days when Conn was the Moderator here?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

zombie
12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
FutureSex/LoveSounds would probably get into my top 25 for the year if the second half of the album didn't drag it down so much. The first half, 6 songs and interludes or whatever, are gold. The rest of the album doesn't come close.

Adam Crocker
12-13-2006, 01:04 PM

If Zombie has his way, it will drag on forever.

Gozwald73
12-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I really REALLY don't know him personally - so I really REALLY don't feel that I'm entitled to have formed a personal opinion of the man.

:rolleyes:

(NO)
12-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Dear, Rock/Metal Heads.

"SexyBack" is not generic. Peep the vocal distortion. If you're still not convinced, then you are full of shit.

Ilash
12-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Dear, Rock/Metal Heads.

"SexyBack" is not generic. Peep the vocal distortion. If you're still not convinced, then you are full of shit.

Yeah... no, you're wrong. Sorry.

:evilsmile

Phrozen
12-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Dear, Rock/Metal Heads.

Dear Pop fan,

Yes, it is. Stop watching MTV, please. Don't make me do an intervention.

Signed,
Rock/Metal Head.

DDM
12-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Justin Timberlake's supposedly new sounds as if it was conceived by the music executives in the board room of the music company. The vocal distortion is just weird; it does not fit with the song. Justin Timberlake's new image & sound is about as rebellious as cream cheese & applie pie.

Justin Timberlake is this generation's Donny Osmand. (Osmand has a nice strange cameo in Weird Al's "White & Nerdy.")

I Must Break U
12-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Okay i had to bounce back to add one thing. I am a JT fan but i can admit that his new album has some distortion type of vocals going on with it. But as a fan i Have heard him sing live and he can sing. All those damn boys in N*SYNC could sing. Pitbull i agree with you Jc is really talented, and it kinda upsets me that he didn't blow up like justin. He just needs the right hit! N*SYNC FO LIFE BEEEYOTCH!

Leslie Lee III
12-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Dear, Rock/Metal Heads.

Most of the comments just make me wonder if people are going deaf or just putting no thought into their criticisms of the album. Possibly both.

howyadoin
12-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Dear, Rock/Metal Heads.

"SexyBack" is not generic. Peep the vocal distortion. If you're still not convinced, then you are full of shit.Dear Eurotrash,

I have no idea what you're saying.

(Except for the part where you said I'm full of shit, anyway.)

zombie
12-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I wonder how much Timberlake's singing actually adds to the album. The instrumentals on their own might sound a little too weird.

Spike-X
12-14-2006, 11:03 PM
i Have heard him sing live and he can sing.

So what? It's still a crap song.

(NO)
12-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Dear Pop fan,

Yes, it is. Stop watching MTV, please. Don't make me do an intervention.

Signed,
Rock/Metal Head.

I don't really watch MTV. Check out my list in the "Top 25 Albums" thread if you don't believe me.

Dear Eurotrash,

I have no idea what you're saying.

(Except for the part where you said I'm full of shit, anyway.)

I wasn't talking to you. If I was, the post would've read...

DEAR GENERIC ROCK GUY WITH THE BALDHEAD, LEATHER PANTS AND EYEBROW PIERCING,

Why do you love Nickelback so much?

Love,
Baffled European.

Spike-X
12-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Howy likes Nickleback?

Geez, just when you think you know a guy...

twilight
12-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Howy likes Nickleback?

Ew.

He's definately off the Christmas Card list.

KenK
12-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Say what you want about Timberlake, he's given us the funniest SNL moment of the season with the SNL Dgital Short "My D*** In A Box"!!!

Taltos
12-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Ive heard jt's acapala(sp) and yes he can sing. Which is alot more than many can say (e.g. fergie, gwen, or britteny). Honestly of all the pop superstars JT is the one i have the least problems with.

pitbull in a skirt
12-17-2006, 09:03 PM
^ He sounds like a little girl dying when he sings. lol

I'm amazed at this thread's longevity. Now why doesnt this happen for topics that I WANT it to?

I Must Break U
12-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Ive heard jt's acapala(sp) and yes he can sing. Which is alot more than many can say (e.g. fergie, gwen, or britteny). Honestly of all the pop superstars JT is the one i have the least problems with.

Well as long as i know someone agrees with me in the fact that he can sing I am comfortable knowing that their are people that hate him for no reason.

DDM
12-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Well as long as i know someone agrees with me in the fact that he can sing I am comfortable knowing that their are people that hate him for no reason.

Josh Grobin (sp?) can sing too, but that does not make him a good songwriter. The same applies to Justin Timberlake.

SUPERECWFAN1
12-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey I like Nickleback . What the hells wrong with those guys ? I have their last album. Thier better than Justin Timberlake and his faked Kermit the Frog vocals on " Sexyback " .

And isn't it weird Timberlake didn't play Sexyback on SNL ? Maybe because Lorne knew Justin was gonna make himself look foolish with how he'd have to lip synch the damn thing. Imagine had it not went right...pure comedy ala Ashlee Simpson. :p

zombie
12-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey I like Nickleback . What the hells wrong with those guys ? I have their last album. Thier better than Justin Timberlake and his faked Kermit the Frog vocals on " Sexyback " .

"Kermit the Frog"? I think too much Nickelback has damaged your hearing.

Spike-X
12-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Is it really so hard to comprehend that people might have actual valid reasons for disliking Justin Timberlake's music?

Spike-X
12-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Hey I like Nickleback . What the hells wrong with those guys ?

Everything.

twilight
12-19-2006, 05:18 AM
Hey I like Nickleback . What the hells wrong with those guys ?

Bland,uninspired "rock" for the masses.

Leslie Lee III
12-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Is it really so hard to comprehend that people might have actual valid reasons for disliking Justin Timberlake's music?

Considering the comments that people who dislike him tend to make, yeah.

Comparing it at all to boyband music is as wrong as saying you hated the movie Closer because of Jar Jar Binks. Sure, Natalie Portman was in both but that doesn't make them the same or even really similar.

Ilash
12-19-2006, 07:24 AM
I can't believe I'm actually gonna defend the guy but just because he's a crap songwriter doesn't mean he can't be viewed as a great singer. After all, a lot of great Motown singers weren't songwriters at all. Of course, I'm not really defending him because I hate his singing too but I just don't think "singer" and "songwriter" should be lumped into one thing.

And yes, Nickleback suck just as much. I can't think of a single redemptive thing about their brand of rock music.

SUPERECWFAN1
12-19-2006, 07:35 AM
"Kermit the Frog"? I think too much Nickelback has damaged your hearing.

It is Kermit the Frog like vocals. If thats Justin singing at full range I'm scared for him.

SUPERECWFAN1
12-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Bland,uninspired "rock" for the masses.

I still like em. Even if its " bland" and " uninspired " .

twilight
12-19-2006, 07:37 AM
It is Kermit the Frog like vocals. If thats Justin singing at full range I'm scared for him.

Hey,don't bag on Kermit.
He did an awesome Once In a Lifetime on The Muppet Show one time.

Did it in a big floppy Byrne style suit to boot.

twilight
12-19-2006, 07:38 AM
I still like em. Even if its " bland" and " uninspired " .

And your allowed to do that.
Variety is the spice of life and all that.

SUPERECWFAN1
12-19-2006, 07:39 AM
And yes, Nickleback suck just as much. I can't think of a single redemptive thing about their brand of rock music.

" Side of a Bullet " is a pretty decent anti-war song. Its more harder than most of NB's songs.

SUPERECWFAN1
12-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey,don't bag on Kermit.
He did an awesome Once In a Lifetime on The Muppet Show one time.

Did it in a big floppy Byrne style suit to boot.

Yeah I should be nicer to Kermit. The Muppet has more talent than Timberlake and doesn't need tons of vocal machines to mix his voice.

Patient Boy
12-19-2006, 07:45 AM
By the way, Justin Timberlake and Kermit the Frog had a great sketch together the first Timberlake hosted Saturday Night Live, which was also one of the highlight episodes of the past few years. I'm trying to *ahem*source*ahem* last week's episode since the local NBC channel stopped showing SNL.

Ilash
12-19-2006, 07:46 AM
" Side of a Bullet " is a pretty decent anti-war song. Its more harder than most of NB's songs.

Actually the bigger question is, does it sound any different from their other songs. Seriously, I have to think hard of a band that is more samey than Nickleback. I can't say I've heard that much of their music but from what I've heard each song sounds exactly the same as the next.

And personally, I don't care how "hard" a song is, just as long as there is something to recommend about it musically. Yes, having actual, original, half-decent melodies do help.

SUPERECWFAN1
12-19-2006, 07:47 AM
And your allowed to do that.
Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Ohh yeah ...I can listen to pretty much anything on the radio when driving.

SUPERECWFAN1
12-19-2006, 07:54 AM
Actually the bigger question is, does it sound any different from their other songs. Seriously, I have to think hard of a band that is more samey than Nickleback. I can't say I've heard that much of their music but from what I've heard each song sounds exactly the same as the next.

Which I can understand that arguement. Because a lot of bands do sound the same. As someone who enjoys Creed to Metallica its kinda hard not to think that some of it sounds the same.

And personally, I don't care how "hard" a song is, just as long as there is something to recommend about it musically. Yes, having actual, original, half-decent melodies do help.

I always thought " Side of the Bullet " was an anti-war song but its not. According to Wipidia its a tribute to Dimebag Darrell. And the guitar solo is by Darrell from the Far Beyond Driven era. Vinnie Paul and Darrell's wife sent the piece to them. They wanted Paul to play on the song but Paul felt drummer Daniel Adair performed it as good as he could.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side_of_a_Bullet_(song)

zombie
12-19-2006, 11:02 AM

It's one song, and it's obviously distorted.

And I really don't hear Kermit the Frog in his voice. Now did you actually listen to the song, or did you read somewhere that he sounded like Kermit and decided that would be your opinion from now on too?

SUPERECWFAN1
12-19-2006, 11:08 AM
It's one song, and it's obviously distorted.

And I really don't hear Kermit the Frog in his voice. Now did you actually listen to the song, or did you read somewhere that he sounded like Kermit and decided that would be your opinion from now on too?

I actually heard the song on the radio on my way to work. When they came back and said who sung it , it made me think Kermit the Frog. But I realize I'm trashin Kermit so its gotta be worse than that.

zombie
12-19-2006, 11:23 AM
I actually heard the song on the radio on my way to work. When they came back and said who sung it , it made me think Kermit the Frog. But I realize I'm trashin Kermit so its gotta be worse than that.

Funny, when I first heard the song I thought, "Hey, this sounds like JT, only distorted. I wonder why he's distorted?" Never once did a Muppet cross my mind. What an odd leap to make.

Anyways, here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct_ypZR6lx0) the video for JT's "My Love" video if you want to base your opinions on him on more than "SexyBack". And if anyone hears a Muppet in this one, you're watching way too much Sesame Street.

KenK
12-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Anyways, here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct_ypZR6lx0) the video for JT's "My Love" video if you want to base your opinions on him on more than "SexyBack".

I like this video. It's nothing groundbreaking, but there are little things about it that make it one of the more enjoyable pop videos of the year. The muted color scheme that's not quite black and white, as there's something of a blue tinge to it, good choreography, etc. And I have to admit, I like the scene where he's tearing off that one chick's pantyhose!

SUPERECWFAN1
12-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Funny, when I first heard the song I thought, "Hey, this sounds like JT, only distorted. I wonder why he's distorted?" Never once did a Muppet cross my mind. What an odd leap to make.

Anyways, here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct_ypZR6lx0) the video for JT's "My Love" video if you want to base your opinions on him on more than "SexyBack". And if anyone hears a Muppet in this one, you're watching way too much Sesame Street.

It was when the video 1st really hit. In fact months ago on a thread I posted it .

Haven't heard " My Love " yet. Hopefully its not vocal distorted all to hell .

pitbull in a skirt
12-25-2006, 04:35 PM
It was when the video 1st really hit. In fact months ago on a thread I posted it .

Haven't heard " My Love " yet. Hopefully its not vocal distorted all to hell .

Prepare yourself :)

The Punished
12-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Wait, not even if you go to this link?

http://www.thesuperficial.com/page2.php

got to love the humor!

Magneto_X
12-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Hate threads have incredible staying power. Remember that Avril Lavigne thread that wouldn't die from the days when Conn was the Moderator here?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

Mmmmmmmm........Avril Lavigne :D

Magneto_X
12-31-2006, 11:31 AM

I agree that Fergie and Britney can't sing. Gwen Stephani (sp?), however, is a talented vocalist. Plus she actually writes her own songs.

bfrank
12-31-2006, 02:18 PM
I don't even think that Gwen herself would say that she's a "talented" vocalist.......

KenK
12-31-2006, 02:58 PM
I firmly believe Gwen lives on her own planet. Every now and then, she comes down here to say "hi".

bfrank
12-31-2006, 03:36 PM
nah, she's good people, and is actually one of the most down to earth folks in the music business......