View Full Version : Ultimate Solicitations - February 2007

ThePhenom
11-15-2006, 04:38 AM
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #39
Written by MIKE CAREY
Penciled by MARK BROOKS
Cover by SALVADOR LAROCCA
"DIABLO" PART 1 (OF 3)
The F.F. are pulled into a madman's scheme when those closest to them are drawn back through time as a lure to get the foursome to follow. And what awaits them in the years 1483 is a man with a quest to change the world - literally. Meet the alchemist supreme: Ultimate Diablo! And his plans for the Fantastic Four aren't pretty.
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #105
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by MARK BAGLEY
Cover by MARK BAGLEY & RICHARD ISANOVE
"THE CLONE SAGA: EPILOGUE"
Young Peter Parker must pick up the pieces of his life and face a series of terrifying questions: Will Aunt May survive her heart attack? What plans does Nick Fury have for Gwen Stacy? Is Peter being drawn back to MJ, or will he stay with Kitty Pryde? What about the mysterious Spider Woman? The answers will shock you.
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

ULTIMATE VISION #3 (of 5)
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils and Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
Despite the efforts of the alien Vision, the unimaginably powerful Gah Lak Tus module draws into its core the energies of the A.I.M. orbital research station and then makes landfall on Earth. And this lone instrument may accomplish what countless of its robotic brethren could not - the utter destruction of our helpless planet.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

ULTIMATE X-MEN #79
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils and Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
"AFTERMATH" PART 1 (of 2)
After the devastating events of the previous few issues, the X-Men must deal with their loss and move forward...but is
everything as it seems? And how will the X-Men's foes react to their emerging status quo? Who lives? Who leaves? And what is...the Shadow King?
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Hmm, lots of new story arcs and what not here, some really interesting notable things I'd say...

Subjectively, hate the Larocca cover for F4 (such a fluctuating artist in my mind), maybe dragging the Clone Saga on a bit much, Ultimate Vision (eh...) and really don't like Yanick Paquette on pencils it seems... NO ULTIMATES OR ULTIMATE POWER, what are they trying to do to me?!

Now less cynically I keep faith that Kirkman may pick up and that otherwise most of these issues should be decent reads save for my little shots at them... But I still want my Ultimate Power :(.

rwsmith
11-15-2006, 06:05 AM
The new Ultimate X-men penciler looks pretty good: http://images.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Feb07/cvrs/ULTX079_cov.jpg

If his interiors look half as good as this cover, then he will be a huge improvement IMO.

Agent Helix
11-15-2006, 06:07 AM
Man, is Pasqual Ferry off of UFF already? Or is this just a filler artist?

Verydopey
11-15-2006, 07:50 AM
why no ultimate power???? did i miss something? i thought it was a monthly?

Beast
11-15-2006, 08:04 AM
why no ultimate power???? did i miss something? i thought it was a monthly?
Welcome to the wonderful world of late comics.

megabyte01
11-15-2006, 08:24 AM
There's ANOTHER issue of clone saga? Son of a -----! (sorry. i almost forgot that this is a pg-rated forum) I didn't think even Bendis could wrap up the entire clone saga in another double-sized action packed issue. poor Kitty looks like she got shafted. now about the other girl that spidey's talking to. somehow, i don't think she's MJ. we'll just have to wait and see.

Deus ex Chris
11-15-2006, 08:26 AM
The new Ultimate X-men penciler looks pretty good: http://images.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Feb07/cvrs/ULTX079_cov.jpg

If his interiors look half as good as this cover, then he will be a huge improvement IMO.
Does that cover also provide a clue? Is Cyclops the one who dies?

Beast
11-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Or Xavier does. God, I'd kiss them if it was Wolverine.

kel25
11-15-2006, 09:38 AM
I hope not. Gambit and Beast are dead. Rogue's potential has been wasted. Nightcrawler was "Demonized." Which would have been great earlier on in the series but now it just seems out of character. Dazzler and Angel are off the team with a lot of rumors saying Kitty will leave. Iceman, Cyclops, and Colossus are about the only characters left that I care about.

Omega Alpha
11-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Of course, it could be neither, and the cover is just there to mislead everyone. But, if Kirkman said this arc was going to shake the mutant world, i think that the obvious choice would be Xavier. Only his death would have such an impact But if it was Wolverine, i would love it.

Clairaudient Freedom Soldier
11-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Gorgeous Ult. XM cover by Paquette; his specialty is drawing pretty redheads (see 7 Soldiers: The Bulleteer), and Marvel is harnessing that skill :p .

ultimatespyder20
11-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Mark Brooks on UFF. YES!!! And we have Mj as Mj on the cover of USM 105. Did she change back from the goblin? We'll have to wait and see. And where is Ultimate Power!?

Alec

Toboe
11-15-2006, 03:03 PM
UFF: Stuart Immonen, Pasqual Ferry and now Mark Brooks along with Mike Carey's writing... I couldn't ask for anything better.

USM: I really, really hope Bendis doesn't make Peter leave Kitty for MJ. Though most of what he's done with the Kitty-Peter relationship after the Annual has been dull... he should better try to improve it instead of just going back to MJ all over again.

UXM: Hmm Kirkman has improved a little with the past two issues but I think whoever he kills will feel forced and unnecessary, like most of his writing so far. I'll have to wait and see... The cover looks good, at least the artist looks a lot better than Oliver and Raney.

Not really interested in Ultimate Vision...

rwsmith
11-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Or Xavier does. God, I'd kiss them if it was Wolverine.

Keep dreaming, hater. My money's on Cyclops biting it. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm right too, as I've always hated 'ol One-Eye.

And, Beast, don't be so bitter just because your favorite got offed.;)

gliderpilotgirl
11-15-2006, 05:24 PM
USM 105:
Yay!
*rejoices* , *sings* -Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, um Dumped! yahoooooo!
anyways..I likely will be alone in my sentiment, but I hope 105 reflects the contents. Kitty is in for a taste of what MJ has been feeling for the last year, and I truly feel bad for her, ( I really do! ) but MJ and Peter are the heart of this book, and the lack of quality is likely due to removing that. It's really going to depend on the next 3 issues though.
UXM: I think Cyclops may be too obvious..when Cable remarked about remembering Rogue and Bobby, the first thought I had was, uhoh, he remembers one of them for something significant..aka death.

Omega Alpha
11-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Keep dreaming, hater. My money's on Cyclops biting it. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm right too, as I've always hated 'ol One-Eye.

And, Beast, don't be so bitter just because your favorite got offed.;)

I read in another forum that Kirkman said that he was going to show what happened to Scott and Toad's nerd friendship of the beginning of the series in #81, so he's safe. It's gonna be Xavier, which i don't mind at all

Oliverhannah
11-18-2006, 02:42 PM
My guess Shadow King will kill Xavier and Jean's leaving...

wingsofdamnation
11-25-2006, 10:02 PM
or wolvie bites it and apocalypse uses him as a horseman later on. of coarse not immediatly but maybe 20 issues later do an apocalyse crossover where Wolvie is death, beast is war, gambit is pestilence, and that kid from the cave is famine. hell yeah! that would rock

bonfireben
11-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Perhaps Cable does indeed succeed, Xavier dies, but in a tragic twist he was the only one holding the Shadow King at bay - now a power evil is released on the world, and no one powerful is enough to stop it.

Uncensored
12-01-2006, 01:51 AM
Man, is Pasqual Ferry off of UFF already? Or is this just a filler artist?

This makes me wonder if Orson Scott Card has finally finished writing Ultimate Iron Man II.